Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freddy Sanchez
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the Pirates are "pushing hard" to trade second baseman Freddy Sanchez, according to a National League executive. The Giants and Rockies are two two interested parties that have spoken to the Pirates, but there are up to five more potential suitors, according to the executive. The 31-year-old All-Star is batting .316 with six homers and 33 RBI. If Sanchez reaches 600 plate appearances, an $8 million option for 2010 will trigger.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Make this happen? What would it take? Will the Pirates deal with the Cubs?
Get him...some how.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Let's shoot em over some deep dish pizza.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
That $8mil option for 2010 will be a no-go for us unless we get the new owner's (whoever the hell that turns out to be) approval.

But yeah, sign me up.
With aramis back arent we set on the infield? If sanchez played ss that would be different cuz we could platoon theriot and fontenot at 2b. Just seems like adding a 2b is not a great fit.
they traded with the Cubs before.
[Image: lou.jpg]
I think we should scrap the LSU middle IF experiment as soon as possible.
I'm not really a fan. He hits for a high average but doesn't walk at all and doesn't have much power. He sucked a lot last year. He's been good overall this year but his #s have gotten progressively worse every month, and now he's been out for the past week with back spasms. Career vs. RHP? .284/.320/.396 Meh.
He's a lot better than what we have, but I wouldn't give up a ton to get him.
April .337/.374 .943 OPS
May .330/.373 .832 OPS
June .282/.321 .749 OPS
July .333/.333 .667 OPS

Maybe there's a slight dropoff (and its early in July), but that happens with a lot of players, and each of those months is better than anything we've had so far at 2B.

For the right deal, as long as we don't get ass raped, I'd do it.
he kills us a lot too, doesn't he? this would take that away a handful of games a year at least
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
I'd offer Fontenot and leave it at that. Most likely they'll bite since Font is cheap and serviceable. The Bucs goal is not have to pay Sanchez $8M next year.
LaRoche might commit suicide.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Man, the Pirates are a horrible organization.
<!--quoteo(post=49065:date=Jul 9 2009, 04:07 PM:name=Oatmealcookie)-->QUOTE (Oatmealcookie @ Jul 9 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->With aramis back arent we set on the infield? If sanchez played ss that would be different cuz we could platoon theriot and fontenot at 2b. Just seems like adding a 2b is not a great fit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You'd prefer Fontenot and his .215 average?