Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Fox
I'm not even a fan of Dunn, but until Fox hits 40 HR and drives in 100 RBI for 5 straight years, it's a little premature to call him a better ballplayer.
<!--quoteo(post=50800:date=Jul 20 2009, 04:12 PM:name=CFOrfan)-->QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Jul 20 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Fox is a flat-out better player than Dunn. He probably doesn't hit for as much power, but he is an excellent hitter for average and plays passable defense. Dunn pounds the fuck out of the ball but is a horrible hitter for average, strikeouts 180-200 times a season and plays shitty, shitty defense.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dunn is better and it's not even close.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I never understood the love affair with Dunn. Like I said before, he hits for a lot of power, but as an overall hitter he is awful. He is a career .248 hitter that averages around 180 strikeouts per season. He is one of the worst outfielders I have ever seen. He does walk a lot, but I'm willing to bet that a good chunk of those are intentional. He's a home run hitter and nothing more, and that's not my kind of player.
<!--quoteo(post=50802:date=Jul 20 2009, 03:25 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 20 2009, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm not even a fan of Dunn, but until Fox hits 40 HR and drives in 100 RBI for 5 straight years, it's a little premature to call him a better ballplayer.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agreed.
<!--quoteo(post=50803:date=Jul 20 2009, 02:27 PM:name=Gracie)-->QUOTE (Gracie @ Jul 20 2009, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50800:date=Jul 20 2009, 04:12 PM:name=CFOrfan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Jul 20 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Fox is a flat-out better player than Dunn. He probably doesn't hit for as much power, but he is an excellent hitter for average and plays passable defense. Dunn pounds the fuck out of the ball but is a horrible hitter for average, strikeouts 180-200 times a season and plays shitty, shitty defense.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dunn is better and it's not even close.

I never understood the love affair with Dunn. Like I said before, he hits for a lot of power, but as an overall hitter he is awful. He is a career .248 hitter that averages around 180 strikeouts per season. He is one of the worst outfielders I have ever seen. He does walk a lot, but I'm willing to bet that a good chunk of those are intentional. He's a home run hitter and nothing more, and that's not my kind of player.
I hate Adam Dunn. And Dunn only averages 12 IBB per year, so he has a very, very good eye. Probably one of the best in baseball. I still think the BRadley signing is better than getting Dunn. But you can't argue Fox is better. It isn't close at all.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Yeah, I guess we still have to wait and see how Jake does with more time in the majors, but I'd rather have him at this point in time than Dunn. I think Jake can be a better player. It depends on how he does once he becomes a full-time starter.
Fox is not going to be a career .350 hitter. Or .300 hitter. So this is a bit of a skewed perspective right now.

That said, man oh man, how attractive must he look to a small market AL team?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=50810:date=Jul 20 2009, 03:42 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 20 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fox is not going to be a career .350 hitter. Or .300 hitter. So this is a bit of a skewed perspective right now.

That said, man oh man, how attractive must he look to a small market AL team?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think he should be attractive to any AL team, aside from <i>maybe</i> the Yankees, Red Sox, and Angels. With the DH, and his ability to at least stand/squat out at 5 positions and not completely screw up, he hits too much to not be a big contributor on an AL squad.

He's hitting too much to not be the same on our team and needs to be starting 4 or 5 days a week. Really that shouldn't be too difficult considering injury concerns at 4 of 5 the positions he plays, and obviously even if Soriano, Ramirez, and Bradley stay healthy, we're not going to be playing them everyday. I'd like to see him playing 1 of 3 of the games at catcher right now while Soto's out. We're 19-11 when Koyie plays, but he's basically a .150 hitter at the plate right now and his defense has pretty blah of late.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=50810:date=Jul 20 2009, 04:42 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 20 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fox is not going to be a career .350 hitter. Or .300 hitter. So this is a bit of a skewed perspective right now.

That said, man oh man, how attractive must he look to a small market AL team?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fox for Greinke...straight up.
<!--quoteo(post=50758:date=Jul 20 2009, 10:26 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 20 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50757:date=Jul 20 2009, 11:20 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Jul 20 2009, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50755:date=Jul 20 2009, 10:07 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jul 20 2009, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50747:date=Jul 20 2009, 09:57 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Jul 20 2009, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50743:date=Jul 20 2009, 08:27 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jul 20 2009, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fox is a poor man's Adam Dunn, but he actually hits for a high AVG.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He doesn't walk or strike out much either.

Definitely has the power and lack of fielding ability though.
In all reality, his fielding has kinda suprised me. I thought he would be much worse. I don't think he's a wizard or anything, but he's nowhere near the abomination he was made out to be.
He has looked pretty silly at 3rd. He misplayed two more balls there yesterday. But yeah his bat far outweighs the few misplays he may make on defense. In the outfield I think he has been perfectly fine, he is better than Soriano anyway.
Yep. For some reason, his misplays don't bother me so much. When he does screw up, at least he manages to minimize the damage, and keeps the bad throws to a minimum. His biggest problems are footwork and poor range.
I agree with all this.
@TheBlogfines
And we can't trade him this year. Consider it in the offseason.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=50816:date=Jul 20 2009, 05:57 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 20 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And we can't trade him this year. Consider it in the offseason.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

For sure.

Though, I'd still rather the Cubs traded Lee. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=50817:date=Jul 20 2009, 04:59 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 20 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50816:date=Jul 20 2009, 05:57 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 20 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And we can't trade him this year. Consider it in the offseason.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

For sure.

Though, I'd still rather the Cubs traded Lee. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]

That won't happen. Derrek is too old and his contract is too big.
<!--quoteo(post=50817:date=Jul 20 2009, 03:59 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 20 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50816:date=Jul 20 2009, 05:57 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 20 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And we can't trade him this year. Consider it in the offseason.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

For sure.

This year? No you wouldn't.
@TheBlogfines
We would assure ourselves of 4th place if we trade Lee
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
<!--quoteo(post=50797:date=Jul 20 2009, 04:03 PM:name=Gracie)-->QUOTE (Gracie @ Jul 20 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fox is a flat-out better player than Dunn. He probably doesn't hit for as much power, but he is an excellent hitter for average and plays passable defense. Dunn pounds the fuck out of the ball but is a horrible hitter for average, strikeouts 180-200 times a season and plays shitty, shitty defense.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This post was made in jest, correct?