Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HR Derby
<!--quoteo(post=49728:date=Jul 13 2009, 10:23 PM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 13 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Is it just me or is this the most boring derby ever?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not you. This thing is a dud.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=49730:date=Jul 13 2009, 09:31 PM:name=Lance)-->QUOTE (Lance @ Jul 13 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49728:date=Jul 13 2009, 10:23 PM:name=Kid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 13 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Is it just me or is this the most boring derby ever?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not you. This thing is a dud.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well, it is in St. Louis.
<!--quoteo(post=49721:date=Jul 13 2009, 08:43 PM:name=CFOrfan)-->QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Jul 13 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49718:date=Jul 13 2009, 07:31 PM:name=Lance)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lance @ Jul 13 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49715:date=Jul 13 2009, 09:22 PM:name=CFOrfan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Jul 13 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And I hate Pujols more and more because he is a class act and it kills me. They show him with his kids, then earlier they had him talking baseball and about Musial.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Doesn't make me hate him more. Reminds me that he's a pretty good guy.
Yeah le me rephrase that. I want to hate him, but I can't fully bring myself to it.
Pujols is a grade A douchebag. Just because he's being nice to his kids in front if the cameras doesn't mean he isn't a total fuckstick.
<!--quoteo(post=49736:date=Jul 13 2009, 10:05 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 13 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49721:date=Jul 13 2009, 08:43 PM:name=CFOrfan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Jul 13 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49718:date=Jul 13 2009, 07:31 PM:name=Lance)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lance @ Jul 13 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49715:date=Jul 13 2009, 09:22 PM:name=CFOrfan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Jul 13 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And I hate Pujols more and more because he is a class act and it kills me. They show him with his kids, then earlier they had him talking baseball and about Musial.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Doesn't make me hate him more. Reminds me that he's a pretty good guy.
Yeah le me rephrase that. I want to hate him, but I can't fully bring myself to it.
Pujols is a grade A douchebag. Just because he's being nice to his kids in front if the cameras doesn't mean he isn't a total fuckstick.

So you're saying you wouldn't beat your kids on camera in front of a live national audience? That is father of the year material right there.
HR Derbies are always pretty boring for me. This one was no different.

They should really have some sort of rule that you can't take however many fucking pitches you want. Watching 10 or more good pitches in a row go by is pretty ridiculous.
<!--quoteo(post=49714:date=Jul 13 2009, 08:20 PM:name=CFOrfan)-->QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Jul 13 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Joe Morgan is dumb.

Berman: Can you guess the last player to lead the league in HR and not make the all-star team?

(10 seconds of silence)

Berman: It was Hank Sauer!

Morgan: Ya know, I knew that.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This was my favorite: Joe spent the whole night telling the audience that Prince Fielder (Steve Phillips' pick) swings too hard to win it all. Then, when Prince clinched his spot in the final and knocked out Ryan Howard (Joe's pick), Joe continues to emphasize the only reason he didn't pick Prince is because he puts so much into every swing. Then, we have this exchange (quoted exactly off DVR):

Berman (to Phillips): Good call on Fielder.
Morgan (with a total straight face): Well actually, it was <i>my</i> guy, but I didn't know the new rules where you get to rest that long.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
A couple other things: First, whoever creates the TV schedule for ESPN needs. Year after year, the time slot on the TV schedule for the Derby is 2 hours, but it never even comes close to finishing by then. This year, 2 hours in, the second round was just starting, and it ended up taking just over 3 hours. I've finally learned my lesson and recorded way longer than the guide says, but you'd think they would have a better estimate of how long it's going to take after doing this year after year.

Also, it's too bad the softball game doesn't get talked about more, because I always find that be incredibly entertaining.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
Joe Morgan --> :^O C==8
[Image: eaobup.jpg]
[Image: prince.jpg]
[Image: eaobup.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=49736:date=Jul 13 2009, 11:05 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 13 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Pujols is a grade A douchebag. Just because he's being nice to his kids in front if the cameras doesn't mean he isn't a total fuckstick.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It wasn't just "being nice to his kids." He talked at length about Stan Musial and how he (Pujols) never wants anyone to refer to him as "el hombre" (the man) out of respect for Musial. So I guess he's nice to children and old people.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=49767:date=Jul 14 2009, 07:29 AM:name=Lance)-->QUOTE (Lance @ Jul 14 2009, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I guess he's nice to . . . old people.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Which is why Lance is defending him. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=49769:date=Jul 14 2009, 07:50 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 14 2009, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49767:date=Jul 14 2009, 07:29 AM:name=Lance)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lance @ Jul 14 2009, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I guess he's nice to . . . old people.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Which is why Lance is defending him. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Good one.

Butcher
I thought it was kind of funny how when after he won Braun tryed like 3 times to talk to or congratlate him and he just kind of ignored him.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=49754:date=Jul 14 2009, 01:08 AM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Jul 14 2009, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->A couple other things: First, whoever creates the TV schedule for ESPN needs. Year after year, the time slot on the TV schedule for the Derby is 2 hours, but it never even comes close to finishing by then. This year, 2 hours in, the second round was just starting, and it ended up taking just over 3 hours. I've finally learned my lesson and recorded way longer than the guide says, but you'd think they would have a better estimate of how long it's going to take after doing this year after year.

Also, it's too bad the softball game doesn't get talked about more, because I always find that be incredibly entertaining.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

you recorded the home run deby? why?

and i didn't watch it last night (why would I?), so i'm just wondering how ted lilly did.
Wang.