Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturday's starter
I'm going to the game on Saturday and was wondering who will be starting. The Cubs are gonna skip Hart, correct? So it should be Lilly, correct?
I'm gonna be there too. I hope it isn't Hart.
<!--quoteo(post=51176:date=Jul 22 2009, 09:55 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 22 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm gonna be there too. I hope it isn't Hart.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, anyone but Hart would be fine with me.
What, you guys don't like to see lots of BB?
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,4304971.story
Also from that link:
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Extra innings: The Cubs may be interested in Nationals' lefty reliever Joe Beimel, who is 0-5 but with a 3.38 ERA in his first 41 appearances. According to one report, the Nationals have been scouting the Cubs' minor league teams, and Beimel is available. ... Newly signed lefty reliever B.J. Ryan threw for the first time in Mesa, Ariz., on Monday, a session that assistant general manager Randy Bush described as "good."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->There was more good news on starting pitching: Ryan Dempster is tentatively scheduled to rejoin the ranks a week from Thursday. That's if Thursday's X-rays show expected improvement on his broken right big toe. He then would throw 50 to 60 pitches in a simulated game over the weekend and be ready for the following week without a minor-league rehab stint.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I like this part the best. The sooner Hart is in AAA, the better . . . maybe he can take Samardzija with him.
<!--quoteo(post=51186:date=Jul 22 2009, 11:01 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jul 22 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->There was more good news on starting pitching: Ryan Dempster is tentatively scheduled to rejoin the ranks a week from Thursday. That's if Thursday's X-rays show expected improvement on his broken right big toe. He then would throw 50 to 60 pitches in a simulated game over the weekend and be ready for the following week without a minor-league rehab stint.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I like this part the best. The sooner Hart is in AAA, the better . . . maybe he can take Samardzija with him.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, I'd like to see Stevens get more opportunities in his place.
Hart scheduled to go Sunday, but Dempster may pitch.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=51236:date=Jul 22 2009, 02:03 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 22 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hart scheduled to go Sunday, but Dempster may pitch.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think that is a longshot. I hope he doesn't pitch until next week, especially with the X ray being tomorrow. Then again, we suck at managing injuries.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->X-rays of Ryan Dempster's right big toe Thursday showed excellent healing, the Cubs said, and the right-hander could return to the rotation sometime next week.

Dempster threw 60 pitches on Wednesday in Philadelphia and felt he could start on Sunday, but the team wanted to wait for the X-ray results before setting a day. Kevin Hart will start Sunday for the Cubs against the Cincinnati Reds.

Cubs pitching coach Larry Rothschild said Dempster could possibly return as early as this weekend, but manager Lou Piniella said that might be a little too optimistic.

"I'm not as optimistic," Piniella said Wednesday. "I think on the next turn in the rotation, we can put him in Wednesday or Thursday [against the Astros]."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
@TheBlogfines
I'll be at that game too. I would suggest we meet up for a hot dog or something, but I'll be with my 5 year-old daughter. I'll be spending most of my time making sure she's entertained the entire game so we don't have to leave early... Last summer we lasted 7 innings. I have high hopes that we can see the final out this time.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Ted Lilly will miss his next start due to a sore shoulder. Lilly will go for tests to determine the cause of the discomfort. He's also been dealing with a knee problem, and it showed in his most recent start. Keep an eye on this -- perhaps a cascade injury has occured.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not good. Hart tomorrow then?
Well, that's the next kick to the nads that I was expecting. What a glorious 24 hours this has been.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs starter Ted Lilly was sent for an MRI on his left shoulder Friday after complaining of soreness.

The Cubs are expected to put Lilly on the disabled list in the next day or two, and he will be scratched from his scheduled start on Sunday.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->