Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical question...
Me and my friend were talking about this yesterday. Suppose a guy hits an easy popup in foul territory and the 1st baseman drops it. He's only given an error if the runner reaches after that right? If not, then, in theory you could have a guy retire every hitter but not have a perfect game.
<!--quoteo(post=51667:date=Jul 24 2009, 12:50 PM:name=Dirk)-->QUOTE (Dirk @ Jul 24 2009, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Me and my friend were talking about this yesterday. Suppose a guy hits an easy popup in foul territory and the 1st baseman drops it. He's only given an error if the runner reaches after that right? If not, then, in theory you could have a guy retire every hitter but not have a perfect game.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think that's right.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
I'm not sure. I don't think an error disqualifies you from a perfect game by itself, rather it's the fact that a runner reached first base. So if the guy was charged with an error (I'm not sure if he would be), I think you could still have a perfect game, in that 27 men batted, and none reached base.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.