Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aramis Ramirez
Aramis getting the day off tomorrow, Fox will start at 3rd. Nothing wrong with Aramis, Lou just wants to give him some rest, which I agree with.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=53301:date=Jul 29 2009, 04:21 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 29 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->when it's all said and done, ramirez will be considered the cubs greatest thirdbaseman. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Very good chance of that. I hope he continues to rake.

I'd say, at this point, that Aramis, Santo, and Stan Hack are bunched up pretty evenly in the "great Cub 3rd basemen" debate. I think it's in Aramis to break away from the pack (although Santo was a <i>much</i> better fielder).
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Aramis makes me wanna give him an Izturis cyclone special.
<!--quoteo(post=53395:date=Jul 29 2009, 06:16 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jul 29 2009, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=53301:date=Jul 29 2009, 04:21 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 29 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->when it's all said and done, ramirez will be considered the cubs greatest thirdbaseman. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd say, at this point, that Aramis, Santo, and Stan Hack are bunched up pretty evenly in the "great Cub 3rd basemen" debate. I think it's in Aramis to break away from the pack (although Santo was a <i>much</i> better fielder).
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
better for sure, but <i>much</i> better? i thnk ramirez' defense is vastly underrated.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=53592:date=Jul 30 2009, 10:40 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 30 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=53395:date=Jul 29 2009, 06:16 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jul 29 2009, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=53301:date=Jul 29 2009, 04:21 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 29 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->when it's all said and done, ramirez will be considered the cubs greatest thirdbaseman. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

better for sure, but <i>much</i> better? i thnk ramirez' defense is vastly underrated.

It's been great to watch his defense progress. He was a liability when he first arrived, but has gotten much better. And I'm sure having DLee over there scopping up everything has helped as well.
<!--quoteo(post=53368:date=Jul 29 2009, 05:42 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 29 2009, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Aramis getting the day off tomorrow, Fox will start at 3rd. Nothing wrong with Aramis, Lou just wants to give him some rest, which I agree with.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hmm... I'm afraid to bench him on my fantasy team for the day in case Lou changes his mind. He's batting .375 against Ortiz.