Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future of Jake Fox
I hope all you guys who are in favor of trading away Fox are the same guys who were all for trading away DeRosa.
<!--quoteo(post=57960:date=Aug 14 2009, 04:49 PM:name=vitaminB)-->QUOTE (vitaminB @ Aug 14 2009, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hope all you guys who are in favor of trading away Fox are the same guys who were all for trading away DeRosa.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I cannot think of a single person that was in favor of trading away Derosa.
I would never advocate trading Fox unless we can find someone to fill his shoes like a clone of Miles.
<!--quoteo(post=57970:date=Aug 14 2009, 05:06 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Aug 14 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=57960:date=Aug 14 2009, 04:49 PM:name=vitaminB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vitaminB @ Aug 14 2009, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hope all you guys who are in favor of trading away Fox are the same guys who were all for trading away DeRosa.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I cannot think of a single person that was in favor of trading away Derosa.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Jim Hendry?
<!--quoteo(post=57926:date=Aug 14 2009, 03:36 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 14 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=57925:date=Aug 14 2009, 02:34 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Aug 14 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So do Reds and Braves fans. I coexist with quite a lot of them. Pretty much everyone except Cubs fans take pelasure in those jokes. Hell, I even have a Pirate fan friend who loves shit like that. I never fail to remind him it's been 2o something seasons sinve he's seen a winning record.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Do these same people die laughing at "chicken crossed the road" jokes, too?

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To win a World Series, because he plays for the White Sox.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=57960:date=Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM:name=vitaminB)-->QUOTE (vitaminB @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hope all you guys who are in favor of trading away Fox are the same guys who were all for trading away DeRosa.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm not in favor of it. I think it's inevitable so I want to get proper value for him. I look at it like this. We're stuck with the outfield we've got for some time to come. There are only so many places we can use Jake. We NEED better middle infielders. That's not where Jake helps us and he's probably worth more in trade than as a backup catcher or a guy that can only play the corners. We need young, agile utility players that can spell first rate infielders...but first we have to get some first rate middle infielders. That's the basis for my view of the future. I just can't see how Jake is a Cub next year. I love him as a Cub but I'm being realistic.
We should eat half (or whatever is required) of Alf's salary and trade him to an AL team. Then move Fox to LF.
<!--quoteo(post=58014:date=Aug 14 2009, 07:40 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 14 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We should eat half (or whatever is required) of Alf's salary and trade him to an AL team. Then move Fox to LF.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd be fine with that. Do you think that the currant management would do that? Maybe Ricketts' people would.
<!--quoteo(post=58017:date=Aug 14 2009, 07:43 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Aug 14 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=58014:date=Aug 14 2009, 07:40 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 14 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We should eat half (or whatever is required) of Alf's salary and trade him to an AL team. Then move Fox to LF.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd be fine with that. Do you think that the currant management would do that? Maybe Ricketts' people would.
I have no idea what Ricketts has in mind. I'm guessing his first order of business won't be to eat 50 million dollars of salary, though.
<!--quoteo(post=58014:date=Aug 14 2009, 08:40 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 14 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We should eat half (or whatever is required) of Alf's salary and trade him to an AL team. Then move Fox to LF.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd suck 1,000 dicks if this would happen.
<!--quoteo(post=58023:date=Aug 14 2009, 09:02 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Aug 14 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=58014:date=Aug 14 2009, 08:40 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 14 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We should eat half (or whatever is required) of Alf's salary and trade him to an AL team. Then move Fox to LF.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Let's start a hunger strike or something. This needs to happen...
Soriano has a NTC.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=58025:date=Aug 14 2009, 10:15 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 14 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=58023:date=Aug 14 2009, 09:02 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Aug 14 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=58014:date=Aug 14 2009, 08:40 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 14 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We should eat half (or whatever is required) of Alf's salary and trade him to an AL team. Then move Fox to LF.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Let's start a hunger strike or something. This needs to happen...

You can call me Mahatma. I'm not eating until Soriano is a White Sox. Kenny Williams would be just the douche to take the chance too.
I think a more realistic move might be to trade for J.J. Hardy this off-season. The Brewers are obviously scuttling him, and he's a GG-calibre SS. He's sucked with the bat this year, but he's shown promise in the past.

He's not a stud, but he'd be an upgrade, provided the Brewers would trade to the Cubs.
Any deal sending Alf out of town, I'm in favor of, but it's a pretty untradeable contract.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Alf is going nowhere, don't get your hopes up.
[Image: 2hz4sk2.jpg]