Poll: What is the highest level of organized baseball you have played?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
T-ball
6.00%
3 6.00%
Junior League
4.00%
2 4.00%
Little League
14.00%
7 14.00%
PONY League (11-14)
14.00%
7 14.00%
High School
54.00%
27 54.00%
College
2.00%
1 2.00%
Semi-pro/Pro
4.00%
2 4.00%
I play for the Cubs, bitch
2.00%
1 2.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the highest level of organized baseball you have played?
Please answer truthfully.
High School, but I've played a few semi-pro games here and there too.
I selected Pony because it was the closest. Mine was called senior league, and it was for 13-15 year olds. I went out for high school ball, but I got hurt, and the coaches were douches. So I ended up quitting before the season started.
Pony League was as far as I went, but I was good enough to play HS ball. I was far better at tennis, though -- I was #1 doubles and went to state in '92. I would have been a pretty average player on my high school's baseball team. If they weren't both Spring sports, I would've played both.
This was a brilliant idea, Butch.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
The only thing I've ever been good at is lifting weights. When I was a kid, I was a fast runner, but those days are ancient history. Oh, and ping pong--I was pretty good at that but haven't played in a long time.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
I played through Little League. I was on our league All Star team, but I preferred soccer and neither sport particularly cared for players to be splitting time in the summer.
I got nothin'.

Andy
Junior/peewie league was all for me. I split between that and soccer but was always better at the latter so I stuck with that through HS. It didn't stop me from playing softball and street baseball with the other neighborhood kids growing up. I haven't played in a while though.
Little League, from 9-12. I wasn't too bad. Played 2B and was the leadoff hitter, so I had some good speed. Would've went farther with High School ball and such, but started smoking pot at 12 and lost interest in everything except partying, girls, and then skateboarding later on. Didn't get back into baseball until after my car accident in 99, but then I could only spectate, although I've always wanted to check these guys out:
http://www.wheelchairsoftball.org/index.htm
Two years of high school ball. Like Rok and Andy, I then chose to concentrate on soccer because I was better at it.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=60136:date=Aug 26 2009, 11:59 AM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Aug 26 2009, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I selected Pony because it was the closest. Mine was called senior league, and it was for 13-15 year olds. I went out for high school ball, but I got hurt, and the coaches were douches. So I ended up quitting before the season started.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Basically same for me. I was on the all star team almost every year until the latter year of Senior League when suddenly everyone was a foot and a half taller than me. Then I was pretty bad.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
We've already got 9 that played HS ball. Let's field a team.
<!--quoteo(post=60135:date=Aug 26 2009, 12:58 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Aug 26 2009, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->High School, but I've played a few semi-pro games here and there too.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Same here
Played my freshman year as a catcher and started a lot of varsity games. I had a plus arm and could hit for decent power. After that year I was completely burnt on baseball and never played again.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
Why isn't "never played organized ball" on the poll?