Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zambrano wants trade?
Link to article
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->I just can't win
Carlos Zambrano has had it with the media scrutiny in Chicago. The latest? Criticism over playing softball with his daughter. "Maybe if I go to a different city next year. ... If I get traded, I can do what I want," says Zambrano.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Trib Article

Have you guys heard anything about this?
Sounds like it happened a few weeks ago.
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
It's another stupid Sully "story."

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Asked where he would want to go, Zambrano replied: "I want to get out of here."

So, you'll play anywhere?

"I'm going to go to Aspen," he said, laughing. "That's where 'Dumb and Dumber' went."

Zambrano smiled, then insisted he was joking all along.

"I don't go anywhere," he said. "I'm just kidding. But sometimes, that's how you think. But this is a great city. Seriously, this is a good city, [except for] some of the media. The fans are sometimes good, sometimes bad.

"You can complain, but you can't blame them. They want to win. They pay for this, they pay to watch us, we play like [garbage], and they have their right to boo."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=60560:date=Aug 28 2009, 12:27 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Aug 28 2009, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It's another stupid Sully "story."

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Asked where he would want to go, Zambrano replied: "I want to get out of here."

So, you'll play anywhere?

"I'm going to go to Aspen," he said, laughing. "That's where 'Dumb and Dumber' went."

Zambrano smiled, then insisted he was joking all along.

"I don't go anywhere," he said. "I'm just kidding. But sometimes, that's how you think. But this is a great city. Seriously, this is a good city, [except for] some of the media. The fans are sometimes good, sometimes bad.

"You can complain, but you can't blame them. They want to win. They pay for this, they pay to watch us, we play like [garbage], and they have their right to boo."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I fucking love Zambrano.
All of this crap reminds me of the end of 2004 with Moises, Sammy, Stone, Chip Caray.
There were a couple more fools including Dusty too.

Man, Deja Vu.

Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
<!--quoteo(post=60564:date=Aug 28 2009, 12:31 PM:name=MW4)-->QUOTE (MW4 @ Aug 28 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->All of this crap reminds me of the end of 2004 with Moises, Sammy, Stone, Chip Caray.

Man, Deja Vu.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
We waited until the end of the season to completely suck, though. We had a stranglehold on the Wild Card until the last week or so.
man, zambrano just dangles that bait and the media go for it hook line and sinker.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=60565:date=Aug 28 2009, 10:33 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 28 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=60564:date=Aug 28 2009, 12:31 PM:name=MW4)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MW4 @ Aug 28 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->All of this crap reminds me of the end of 2004 with Moises, Sammy, Stone, Chip Caray.

Man, Deja Vu.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
We waited until the end of the season to completely suck, though. We had a stranglehold on the Wild Card until the last week or so.

I'm speaking more of the "feel" like the thing is a trainwreck coming
I don't think I have ever hated, no, despised the Chicago media as much as I have this past season. Their thoughtless and calculated attempts to make local sports figures get themselves into trouble over the most stupid and pointless shit has gotten ridiculous. They're desperate for juicy stories to the point of making things up or misrepresenting comments like these.

Do we even have a respectable newspaper left in this town? It is embarrassing and shameful. I will laugh my ass off when they are all out of business. Sully's day of reckoning can't come soon enough.
Aspen, where the beer flows like wine.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=60571:date=Aug 28 2009, 12:45 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Aug 28 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think I have ever hated, no, despised the Chicago media as much as I have this past season. Their thoughtless and calculated attempts to make local sports figures get themselves into trouble over the most stupid and pointless shit has gotten ridiculous. They're desperate for juicy stories to the point of making things up or misrepresenting comments like these.

Do we even have a respectable newspaper left in this town? It is embarrassing and shameful. I will laugh my ass off when they are all out of business. Sully's day of reckoning can't come soon enough.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I still like Miles, but I don't think he even travels to road games anymore.
When I read this stuff, it just makes me think Zambrano is way smarter than the people reporting about him.
<!--quoteo(post=60584:date=Aug 28 2009, 01:05 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 28 2009, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=60571:date=Aug 28 2009, 12:45 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Aug 28 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think I have ever hated, no, despised the Chicago media as much as I have this past season. Their thoughtless and calculated attempts to make local sports figures get themselves into trouble over the most stupid and pointless shit has gotten ridiculous. They're desperate for juicy stories to the point of making things up or misrepresenting comments like these.

Do we even have a respectable newspaper left in this town? It is embarrassing and shameful. I will laugh my ass off when they are all out of business. Sully's day of reckoning can't come soon enough.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I still like Miles, but I don't think he even travels to road games anymore.
Yeah, he's tolerable, and at least he doesn't pick fights with the players. The Daily Herald isn't a complete laughing stock, but they have plenty of boobs on there too like Imrem and Rozner.
<!--quoteo(post=60573:date=Aug 28 2009, 12:45 PM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Aug 28 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Aspen, where the beer flows like wine.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
In another city the "Z says he is lazy" story would turn into a "Z takes responsibility for injury and vows to prevent further injuries" but this is Chicago and the Tribune.

Z isn't going anywhere but even if the Cubs had the budget to add a big name free agent I wouldn't expect someone to sign here with this type of "reporting"
On the other hand...maybe Zambrano really is overrated...