Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a coincidence
Jake Peavy is scheduled to make a rehab start on Saturday, and then he's expected to join the big league club. Assuming he gets a normal four days rest, he would be scheduled to make his first start in a White Sox uniform in....yep, you guessed it. Wrigley Field. I'm so shocked.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
who cares?
<!--quoteo(post=60599:date=Aug 28 2009, 01:27 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Aug 28 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jake Peavy is scheduled to make a rehab start on Saturday, and then he's expected to join the big league club. Assuming he gets a normal four days rest, he would be scheduled to make his first start in a White Sox uniform in....yep, you guessed it. Wrigley Field. I'm so shocked.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
KW's sole purpose for trading for Peavy right there.
Queue up the Stoney tweets.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
I asked this at soitow, but someone please explain why starting a guy who the Cubs DECLINED to trade for, will be a slap in the Cubs face?
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=60665:date=Aug 28 2009, 06:44 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Aug 28 2009, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I asked this at soitow, but someone please explain why starting a guy who the Cubs DECLINED to trade for, will be a slap in the Cubs face?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Because there was so much want in Peavy by many fans considering it was the second straight year of a player not reeled in by the Cubs with Roberts being the other. The White Sox company line seems more concerned about the Cubs than other teams in their division. Whether it's talking shit about Wrigley or whatever. Honestly, I don't understand how Reinsdorf let's Kenny and Ozzie practically run the club the way they do. They are some of the biggest assholes in the world.
I just saw on mlb network that Peavy had to leave his minor league start tonight with elbow stiffness in his pitching arm.

That's a shame.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=60732:date=Aug 29 2009, 10:08 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Aug 29 2009, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just saw on mlb network that Peavy had to leave his minor league start tonight with elbow stiffness in his pitching arm.

That's a shame.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's what he gets for jerking off in an alley with Ozzie, Kenny, and Crackhead Ramirez.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
5 back with only 32 to go...wouldn't surprise me if they just put Peavy on ice until next year. I don't see any reason to dicker with him anymore this year. He took a ball off his elbow in his last start in Charlotte and probably shouldn't throw the rest of the year.

I'm pretty much in Bears mode now.
<!--quoteo(post=60734:date=Aug 30 2009, 01:45 AM:name=cherp)-->QUOTE (cherp @ Aug 30 2009, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->5 back with only 32 to go...wouldn't surprise me if they just put Peavy on ice until next year. I don't see any reason to dicker with him anymore this year. He took a ball off his elbow in his last start in Charlotte and probably shouldn't throw the rest of the year.

I'm pretty much in Bears mode now.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Do you go on Packers forums and pretend to be a Packers fan?
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=60734:date=Aug 30 2009, 12:45 AM:name=cherp)-->QUOTE (cherp @ Aug 30 2009, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->5 back with only 32 to go...wouldn't surprise me if they just put Peavy on ice until next year. I don't see any reason to dicker with him anymore this year. He took a ball off his elbow in his last start in Charlotte and probably shouldn't throw the rest of the year.

I'd agree that's the way to go, but KW made a pretty big gamble by trading away their fifth starter during a pennant race on the hopes that a hurt guy could come back at the end of the year and upgrade that spot considerably. It might be tough for him to admit defeat.
<!--quoteo(post=60757:date=Aug 30 2009, 01:25 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Aug 30 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=60734:date=Aug 30 2009, 12:45 AM:name=cherp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cherp @ Aug 30 2009, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->5 back with only 32 to go...wouldn't surprise me if they just put Peavy on ice until next year. I don't see any reason to dicker with him anymore this year. He took a ball off his elbow in his last start in Charlotte and probably shouldn't throw the rest of the year.

I'd agree that's the way to go, but KW made a pretty big gamble by trading away their fifth starter during a pennant race on the hopes that a hurt guy could come back at the end of the year and upgrade that spot considerably. It might be tough for him to admit defeat.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I wouldn't use the phrase "admit defeat" although I undestand why you do. One characteristic of Williams that endears him to the fans is the fact that he is gung ho - 100% - until it is over. While logic says it is over, and probability also says it is over, mathematics doesn't. Anything is possible. This is much less a longshot than the Rockies getting back in it a few years ago.

I don't see them getting back in it - but I would hope that they don't quit yet. As I said, it wouldn't surprise me if they do that... Fans have the luxury of quitting at this point. GMs don't. For those guys, it shouldn't be over until it is fully over. Right now it is almost over.
<!--quoteo(post=60735:date=Aug 30 2009, 12:50 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Aug 30 2009, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=60734:date=Aug 30 2009, 01:45 AM:name=cherp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cherp @ Aug 30 2009, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->5 back with only 32 to go...wouldn't surprise me if they just put Peavy on ice until next year. I don't see any reason to dicker with him anymore this year. He took a ball off his elbow in his last start in Charlotte and probably shouldn't throw the rest of the year.

Do you go on Packers forums and pretend to be a Packers fan?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher