Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not that I've noticed...but...
<!--quoteo(post=63544:date=Sep 17 2009, 05:49 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 17 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63540:date=Sep 17 2009, 05:46 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Sep 17 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63532:date=Sep 17 2009, 05:06 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 17 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63530:date=Sep 17 2009, 05:04 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Sep 17 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63522:date=Sep 17 2009, 04:49 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 17 2009, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63520:date=Sep 17 2009, 04:43 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Sep 17 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63519:date=Sep 17 2009, 04:32 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 17 2009, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63517:date=Sep 17 2009, 04:26 PM:name=The Dude)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dude @ Sep 17 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63501:date=Sep 17 2009, 03:41 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Sep 17 2009, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->this whole thread is mind boggling to me. not just because the cubs had absolutely no chance of anything when this thread was started, but because the start of this thread killed whatever miniscule chance there ever was, not that there ever was a chance to begin with. cub fans are the most masochistic people in the world.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Which part do you agree with? There was absolutely no chance of anything, but this thread killed those chances (not that there was every any chance to begin with)?

exactly. believe it or not, i typed it that way on purpose, because even though i knew it didn't really make sense, everyone would still know exactly what i was saying. and you do know. you get it big time, you just don't want to admit it.
I believe you did it on purpose, but that doesn't mean it makes sense.

And I don't believe Cubs fans are masochists. Masochists enjoy pain. I don't enjoy losing in the slightest -- I do believe that all the suffering will make winning it all (if it happens) that much sweeter, though.

sweeter, suffer. sounds like masochism to me.
Have you decided that you aren't a Cubs fan anymore? I don't really understand your point of view on this. You sound like you're being critical of Cubs fans for sticking by their team in spite of the lack of trophies. Isn't that who you are?

what i'm saying is that it's masochistic to think the cubs have a chance when they clearly have no chance. yes, miracles happen, but not to the cubs. not ever. this year isn't going to be different.

i was fairly optimistic going into this year, and maybe i will be next year too, but right now, right here? no. no optimism, no reason for any. to think otherwise is masochistic.
Really? Not ever? Then why bother? I don't mean that rhetorically, either. Why bother if you think they'll never win it all?

i'm not saying ever, i'm saying this year. right now. it was dumb to think they were miraculously going to come back this year. that's what i'm saying.

though i don't think they'll ever win one.
Wang.
You sound like you resent fans that haven't thrown in the towel. You sound like it's some sort of point of pride, that others adopt your stance. It's weird.
<!--quoteo(post=63549:date=Sep 17 2009, 05:54 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Sep 17 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You sound like you resent fans that haven't thrown in the towel. You sound like it's some sort of point of pride, that others adopt your stance. It's weird.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i don't resent anybody for anything. all i was really saying was that it was crazy to think the cubs had a chance. that's all. nothing weird about it.
Wang.
This thread was a bad idea
This thread definitely killed and cursed the mojo. Sorry jstraw. Sorry VanSlaw. Sorry Butcher.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
jinxed
[Image: lou.jpg]
i hear kw singing somewhere...