Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not that I've noticed...but...
<!--quoteo(post=63330:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:54 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 16 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->There are 18 games left, including tonight. Let's go 18-0 and shock the world.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm down: Where I'm at.

[Image: evilmidnightbomber.jpg]
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Repeat post!
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=63331:date=Sep 16 2009, 06:01 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 16 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm liking the cut of your jib, my man.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Funny you should say that.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=63335:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:03 PM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Sep 16 2009, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63331:date=Sep 16 2009, 06:01 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 16 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm liking the cut of your jib, my man.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Funny you should say that.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Wow. Is there any doubt now that this is going to happen?
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Since they've won some games while I haven't been paying attention, I will continue not paying attention...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That would be me as well. I can't believe some of us are getting sucked back into this.
How about if the Cubs just win this evening and we worry about tomorrow when that day comes?
<!--quoteo(post=63341:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:24 PM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Sep 16 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->How about if the Cubs just win this evening and we worry about tomorrow when that day comes?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That works for me, too. One game at a time...
<!--quoteo(post=63340:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:18 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Sep 16 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Since they've won some games while I haven't been paying attention, I will continue not paying attention...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That would be me as well. I can't believe some of us are getting sucked back into this.
I'm not getting sucked into anything. I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the season because October through April is a long, long time.
<!--quoteo(post=63343:date=Sep 16 2009, 06:30 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 16 2009, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63340:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:18 PM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Sep 16 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Since they've won some games while I haven't been paying attention, I will continue not paying attention...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm not getting sucked into anything. I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the season because October through April is a long, long time.
That large sucking sound is my sanity heading down the Cubbie whirlpool. Come on in, the water's rapid!
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=63343:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:30 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 16 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63340:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:18 PM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Sep 16 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Since they've won some games while I haven't been paying attention, I will continue not paying attention...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am ready for them to be done and for that long long break. I need that long break from this shitty fucking team.
<!--quoteo(post=63347:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:43 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Sep 16 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63343:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:30 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 16 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63340:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:18 PM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Sep 16 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Since they've won some games while I haven't been paying attention, I will continue not paying attention...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am ready for them to be done and for that long long break. I need that long break from this shitty fucking team.
The Cubs are 7 games above .500. Sure, they've underperformed and aren't meeting our expectations...but are they <i>shitty?</i> Man...we've seen some shitty Cubs teams in my lifetime and I don't think this team qualifies.
<!--quoteo(post=63348:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:44 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 16 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63347:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:43 PM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Sep 16 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63343:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:30 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 16 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63340:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:18 PM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Sep 16 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Since they've won some games while I haven't been paying attention, I will continue not paying attention...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The Cubs are 7 games above .500. Sure, they've underperformed and aren't meeting our expectations...but are they <i>shitty?</i> Man...we've seen some shitty Cubs teams in my lifetime and I don't think this team qualifies.

Meh. This is the most disappointing and unlikeable Cub team I have seen in a while. The only reason they are 7 over is because they have played teams that are even worse than they are for the last few weeks. Coming into this month we were barely over .500. Never fear though because So Taguchi was brought up today!!!
Don't forget, we have 3 more games to play than the Cards, that could be 1 1/2 games right there [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] ...either way [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
<!--quoteo(post=63351:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:49 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Sep 16 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63348:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:44 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 16 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63347:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:43 PM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Sep 16 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63343:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:30 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 16 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63340:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:18 PM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Sep 16 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Since they've won some games while I haven't been paying attention, I will continue not paying attention...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Meh. This is the most disappointing and unlikeable Cub team I have seen in a while. The only reason they are 7 over is because they have played teams that are even worse than they are for the last few weeks. Coming into this month we were barely over .500. Never fear though because So Taguchi was brought up today!!!
I'm not telling you how to feel about this team -- I agree, for the most part. They've underperformed. But they've also had to deal with a ton of injuries, while the Cards have stayed healthy.

All I'm saying is that I've suffered through seasons WAY worse than this one, and still watched most of the games.

Unlike a lot of people on the board, I don't really follow any other teams or sports. So when baseball has an offseason, I have an offseason. I just think about the Winter Meetings and free agency. And this offseason I can watch what Ricketts does. But I always miss having games to watch over the winter. Maybe that's just me, though...
<!--quoteo(post=63354:date=Sep 16 2009, 06:00 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 16 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63351:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:49 PM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Sep 16 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63348:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:44 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 16 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63347:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:43 PM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Sep 16 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63343:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:30 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 16 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63340:date=Sep 16 2009, 05:18 PM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Sep 16 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Since they've won some games while I haven't been paying attention, I will continue not paying attention...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm not telling you how to feel about this team -- I agree, for the most part. They've underperformed. But they've also had to deal with a ton of injuries, while the Cards have stayed healthy.

All I'm saying is that I've suffered through seasons WAY worse than this one, and still watched most of the games.

Unlike a lot of people on the board, I don't really follow any other teams or sports. So when baseball has an offseason, I have an offseason. I just think about the Winter Meetings and free agency. And this offseason I can watch what Ricketts does. But I always miss having games to watch over the winter. Maybe that's just me, though...

That's fine. I don't have a problem with any of that. I just don't want you guys to let yourselves believe that this team still has a chance. It is over and has been for a while. I am actually very interested in the off season just to see what Ricketts does. I am sure by next April I will be ready for them to start as well but right now....I would almost rather not see a game of the rest of the season. This is by far the most disappointed I have ever been by one of my teams.