Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not that I've noticed...but...
Anyone check out the standings lately?
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=63264:date=Sep 16 2009, 03:27 AM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Sep 16 2009, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone check out the standings lately?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Don't do this to yourself.
Why in the WORLD would you post that?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Wake me up when September ends.
That four game series vs. the Giants is worth noting. The Cubs have been really hot lately and that may only be a result of the competition they're playing. If they can keep it going though, they'll at least start putting the Cubs back on the "wild card watch" graphics on ESPN.

I'm not expecting anything from this season, but it would be a pleasant surprise if they rallied their way into the wild card.
This is a bad thread!
Damn you. Now I'm back in this shit.

The Cards are losing.

Until VERY recently the Cubs hadn't regained ANY ground since they fell out of first place.

We were 11.5 out the last day I looked (last Thursday). We could be 7.5 out tomorrow morning...and only 4.5 out in the WC...

Just when I though I was out...
Honestly, we should really all be watching this team. We're playing good baseball right now. And even if we fall short of the playoffs, the offseason is LONG. Tune in and enjoy it for what it is.

That's where I'm at, anyway.
<!--quoteo(post=63305:date=Sep 16 2009, 02:25 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 16 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Honestly, we should really all be watching this team. We're playing good baseball right now. And even if we fall short of the playoffs, the offseason is LONG. Tune in and enjoy it for what it is.

That's where I'm at, anyway.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
As am I.

I have nothing better to do, so I might as well punish myself. It's what I'm best at.
Since they've won some games while I haven't been paying attention, I will continue not paying attention... which should be easy while I'm at Oktoberfest next week.
Let me just throw out a completely nutty scenario:

- The Cards/Marlins score holds up and the Cards lose 4-0. We win tonight. We're 7.5 back.

- We win tomorrow. The Cards have an off day. We're 7 back.

- We sweep the Cards. We're 4 back.

It will take a miracle, but man...what if that happened? It would be a huge blow to the Cards' confidence and a huge boost to ours. We'd still need a whole lot of Cubs wins and Cards losses in a short amount of time, but crazier things have happened.

Sorry. I need something to keep the hope alive...
<!--quoteo(post=63309:date=Sep 16 2009, 03:11 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 16 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Let me just throw out a completely nutty scenario:

- The Cards/Marlins score holds up and the Cards lose 4-0. We win tonight. We're 7.5 back.

It will take a miracle, but man...what if that happened? It would be a huge blow to the Cards' confidence and a huge boost to ours. We'd still need a whole lot of Cubs wins and Cards losses in a short amount of time, but crazier things have happened.

Sorry. I need something to keep the hope alive...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Did someone steal your password?
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=63310:date=Sep 16 2009, 03:13 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Sep 16 2009, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63309:date=Sep 16 2009, 03:11 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 16 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Let me just throw out a completely nutty scenario:

Sorry. I need something to keep the hope alive...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Did someone steal your password?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I did preface it by saying that it's completely nutty.
I'm not all that optimistic, but either way, it should be an interesting final few weeks, whether things work out in our favor or not.

At the very least it shows that this team never gave up, and that counts for something in my book.
The Cubs chances of making the playoffs are 2.8%. That's better than the 0.7% that they were a week ago but my guess is that it would still take the Cardinals players' plane exploding upon impact with all Cardinal players on board for the Cubs to make the playoffs. My current scenario no longer requires the Cardinals AAA team to be included in a collision.

My guess is that the odds makers saw that the So Tag man has been called up and we all know that he is worth 4 - 7 games in the playoff race.

So Taguchi has been added to the 40 man.