Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou wants big bat for 2010
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Lou Piniella has a wish list, just like any other Cubs fan, for what the team needs to get back to the postseason.

"You ask me, the biggest thing we need here is an RBI bat," Piniella said. "We need an RBI bat to sit in the middle of the lineup with [Aramis] Ramirez and Derrek Lee."

That's what the Cubs were hoping for from Milton Bradley, but he's missing this series against the Giants, part of the 15-game suspension issued last Sunday. The Cubs will try to move the switch-hitter in the offseason following a turbulent first year in Chicago. Bradley was believed to be the missing link because the Cubs were so right-handed.

<b>Does Piniella's dream hitter have to bat left-handed?

"I don't care if he hits between his legs, how's that?" Piniella said. "Right-handed, left-handed, doesn't really matter."</b><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Source

Wish he would've said that last year.
<!--quoteo(post=64424:date=Sep 25 2009, 08:09 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Sep 25 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Lou Piniella has a wish list, just like any other Cubs fan, for what the team needs to get back to the postseason.

"You ask me, the biggest thing we need here is an RBI bat," Piniella said. "We need an RBI bat to sit in the middle of the lineup with [Aramis] Ramirez and Derrek Lee."

That's what the Cubs were hoping for from Milton Bradley, but he's missing this series against the Giants, part of the 15-game suspension issued last Sunday. The Cubs will try to move the switch-hitter in the offseason following a turbulent first year in Chicago. Bradley was believed to be the missing link because the Cubs were so right-handed.

"I don't care if he hits between his legs, how's that?" Piniella said. "Right-handed, left-handed, doesn't really matter."</b><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Source

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Eh. All the good ones were left-handed.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
As luck would have it, these types of players don't grow on trees.
I watch with great interest as Adam Dunn attempts to get exactly 40 home runs for the 5th straight season (he has 37), and wonder about a trade. Lee-Dunn-Aramis would be a helluva righty-lefty-righty 3-4-5.

Just think of it, Ruby...Dunn patrolling RF at Wrigley! Joy!
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=64429:date=Sep 25 2009, 06:22 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Sep 25 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=64424:date=Sep 25 2009, 08:09 PM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Sep 25 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Lou Piniella has a wish list, just like any other Cubs fan, for what the team needs to get back to the postseason.

Source

Eh. All the good ones were left-handed.

Good point, but we probably wouldn't have started the season with Fontenot/Miles at 2B if Lou (or Hendry) hadn't had the "need to get more left handed" idea stuck in their head. Maybe we also might have got someone a little more useful than Gathright, etc. So it affected us in more ways than just the Bradley signing, as we know all too well.

But I'm curious to see what happens this offseason.
Didn't Lou sign a 3-year deal when he came here 3 years ago? Did Hendry extend him?
Because, I don't know if I can take watching him sleepwalk through another season.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=64434:date=Sep 25 2009, 08:09 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Sep 25 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Didn't Lou sign a 3-year deal when he came here 3 years ago? Did Hendry extend him?
Because, I don't know if I can take watching him sleepwalk through another season.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He had an option year, which they mutually exercised last season IIRC.
<!--quoteo(post=64441:date=Sep 25 2009, 09:25 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Sep 25 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=64434:date=Sep 25 2009, 08:09 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Sep 25 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Didn't Lou sign a 3-year deal when he came here 3 years ago? Did Hendry extend him?
Because, I don't know if I can take watching him sleepwalk through another season.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He had an option year, which they mutually exercised last season IIRC.
Somebody better sneak some Adderall into his Metamucil.