Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedro
Says he wants to pitch the entire season next year. He went 5-1 with a 3.63 ERA, 1.25 WHIP this season in 9 starts. Anyone interested?
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
I'm not sure he has enough left in the tank to do that over the course of an entire season.
<!--quoteo(post=69341:date=Nov 17 2009, 01:14 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Nov 17 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm not sure he has enough left in the tank to do that over the course of an entire season.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you watch his innings I am sure he could. He would be great as a number 5 starter. Like I said though, we would have to watch his innings or pitches...maybe limit him to 90 pitches for the first two or three months...with Pedro that could be 6 innings.
<!--quoteo(post=69348:date=Nov 17 2009, 01:54 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Nov 17 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=69341:date=Nov 17 2009, 01:14 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Nov 17 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm not sure he has enough left in the tank to do that over the course of an entire season.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you watch his innings I am sure he could. He would be great as a number 5 starter. Like I said though, we would have to watch his innings or pitches...maybe limit him to 90 pitches for the first two or three months...with Pedro that could be 6 innings.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Might as well bring Harden back. I'm thinking Pedro's asking price will be too high -- especially for the level of risk that comes with him.

I love Pedro, but I don't know if it's a good move for us.
it has disaster written all over it.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=69348:date=Nov 17 2009, 01:54 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Nov 17 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=69341:date=Nov 17 2009, 01:14 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Nov 17 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm not sure he has enough left in the tank to do that over the course of an entire season.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If he's only gonna go 5 ot 6 innings might as well bring Harden back.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Mightn't it be in Pedro's interest to be looking to transition to a closer role at this stage of his career?
We have other needs to fill where Hendry can better piss away $5-8 mil, which would inevitably happen.
No.
<!--quoteo(post=69358:date=Nov 17 2009, 02:38 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Nov 17 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->it has disaster written all over it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wouldn't be the Cubs way if it didn't [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
I'd rather have Harden.
<!--quoteo(post=69396:date=Nov 18 2009, 07:48 AM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Nov 18 2009, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd rather have Harden.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm really kind of tired of Harden's act. Not saying that Pedro is the answer, but I don't think bringing back Harden and his 5 innings per start and 2 DL stints is that appealing either.
I do understand though what you guys are saying that if we want Pedro we might as well keep Harden. After thinking about it, I say we forget about both of them.
I'd much rather give Justin Duchscherer a try.
<!--QuoteBegin-"Jayson Stark"+-->QUOTE ("Jayson Stark")<!--QuoteEBegin-->• Pedro Martinez may be itching to come back and pitch a full season. But two clubs we surveyed said he's better off doing exactly what he did in 2009 -- pitch a half season, with as much downtime between starts as possible. "At this point," said an official of one club, "he's sexy in name only."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->