Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryno Now The Iowa Manager
It continues.
@TheBlogfines
Good.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
Good-ish.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
I am not sure how I feel about the fact that Ryno is probably going to be our next manager.
<!--quoteo(post=70952:date=Dec 7 2009, 06:37 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Dec 7 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I am not sure how I feel about the fact that Ryno is probably going to be our next manager.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Indeed. Anyone know if he's "old school"?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=70956:date=Dec 7 2009, 05:58 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 7 2009, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=70952:date=Dec 7 2009, 06:37 PM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Dec 7 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I am not sure how I feel about the fact that Ryno is probably going to be our next manager.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Indeed. Anyone know if he's "old school"?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I've heard he's old school. Not sure where I heard it, though. Probably from someone on this site.
Everyone on NSBB says he is "old school." I don't think there is a guy on that site that wants him as a manager.
<!--quoteo(post=70959:date=Dec 7 2009, 05:07 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Dec 7 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Everyone on NSBB says he is "old school." I don't think there is a guy on that site that wants him as a manager.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
How many managers(or guys that have any sort of realistic shot at being one) are there yet though that don't view the game this way? I think we're still 5-10 years away from that. Guys without much playing or coaching experience aren't going to get hired, and they're all going by the way they've learned and know the game.
@TheBlogfines
I was always against the whole Ryno-as-next-Cub-manager scenario, but the more I think about it, the more I figure, "Why not?" I mean what's the worst thing that can happen? They don't win a pennant? I lived 40 years with that, I can live another 40 i guess.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=70961:date=Dec 7 2009, 06:17 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 7 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=70959:date=Dec 7 2009, 05:07 PM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Dec 7 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Everyone on NSBB says he is "old school." I don't think there is a guy on that site that wants him as a manager.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
How many managers(or guys that have any sort of realistic shot at being one) are there yet though that don't view the game this way? I think we're still 5-10 years away from that. Guys without much playing or coaching experience aren't going to get hired, and they're all going by the way they've learned and know the game.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree with you. I am just afraid of one my childhood sports hero's coming in here and failing miserably. I just don't want to see that.
Collision course: Lou wanting to manage beyond 2010, Ryno already at Triple A.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=70986:date=Dec 8 2009, 12:07 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 8 2009, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Collision course: Lou wanting to manage beyond 2010, Ryno already at Triple A.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<i>If</i> Lou wants to manage in 2011 (which I don't think is even for sure), Trammell could very well end up taking a job somewhere else and Ryno can be the bench coach for a year.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk