Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prior??
I was reading today where Mark is on the "Phillies Radar" as a cheap starting option.

Would you welcome him back at this point? He's only 28, hasn't pitched an inning in the bigs since 2006, though. I can't find any reports on how he's progressing, except some article about Strausburg where he says he is ready to come back.
lol
DIAF
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Seriously?
<!--quoteo(post=71208:date=Dec 9 2009, 01:23 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 9 2009, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Seriously?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, I am just holding out hope of being able to wear my 22 Jersey again some day.
<!--quoteo(post=71209:date=Dec 9 2009, 12:33 PM:name=vitaminB)-->QUOTE (vitaminB @ Dec 9 2009, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=71208:date=Dec 9 2009, 01:23 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 9 2009, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Seriously?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, I am just holding out hope of being able to wear my 22 Jersey again some day.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Take the name off and say it's a Buckner jersey.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
I'd replace "Prior" with "Vagina" and wear it proudly.
He's only 28? Wow. It seems like he's been around forever.
It even seems like he's been gone for a real long time.

I can't understand why he couldn't corral his stuff to at least be a Harden-like pitcher...once a week, or 125-150 innings. Maybe the Phils think he <i>can</i> do that.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Reliever?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
You think he would've found a job as a towel boy by now.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

I'd like to see him go to the Reds to be reunited with Dusty.
No. No Mark Prior.
Besides being a colossal wet va jay jay after Dusty rode him hard and put him away wet, I think we've got problems that aren't necesserally medical. It's well known that Prior had mechanics issues, and a sizable ego. Do you think that he would finally start listening to people about his mechanics? Or has that little problem just disappeared.
Oh yeah, they also test for roids now so you can kiss his fabled calves goodbye, and along with it any type of power that he used to display there.
Dusty can have him. Those two are made for each other. I'd love to see him in the Reds outfit as I love to see the Reds suck.
Maybe we can get together an recent Cubs all bust team?
SP Prior/Rich Hill
RP Kerry Wood/LaTroy hawkins
C Todd Huntley
1B Fred McGriff
2B Aron Miles (one A cause that's as far as he should have ever gotten in his career)
3B Bobby Hill
SS Normar Garciaparra
RF Milton Bradley
CF Felix Pie
LF Matt Murton

Any others?
Welcome to the board Troowiddit. Hope you enjoy yourself.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Welcome to SOI, Troo. Glad to have you here...