Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rule V Draft
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->thekapman

The Cubs have selected St. Louis RHP Mike Parisi in the Rule 5 draft.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--coloro:#FF0000--><!--/coloro-->

<!--sizeo:3--><!--/sizeo-->Apparently this is correct. Big thanks for Coldneck for the erroneous reporting. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] <!--sizec-->

<!--/sizec--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
Parisi Stats

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Cardinals have left a few players off their 40-man roster who could draw interest: pitcher Mike Parisi, who pitched in the fall league after missing the season due to Tommy John surgery;<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Looking at his stats, I don't see anything that would make me think he could hold a spot on the Cubs roster. But what do I know?
I got nothin'.

Andy
I hope they trade this guy, because if the Cubs just picked him to see if he sticks in ST, they're just gonna end up costing themselves money when he goes back to the Cards.
Here's a profile of him:

http://futureredbirds.com/2008/03/07/prosp...le-mike-parisi/

I don't get it. Nothing much there to get excited about.
The Phils and Dodgers have 7 open roster spots and the Red Sox have 8. I have a bad feeling that one of them is gonna grab Maestri and turn him into Michael Wuertz part 2.

Clevenger might be playing for someone like the Diamondbacks. Hell, the Cards have 5 open spots on their 40 man. They might target him as a backup for Molina.
<!--quoteo(post=71297:date=Dec 10 2009, 09:23 AM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Dec 10 2009, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Parisi Stats

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Cardinals have left a few players off their 40-man roster who could draw interest: pitcher Mike Parisi, who pitched in the fall league after missing the season due to Tommy John surgery;<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

According to MLB.com, Marisi was chosen by the Sox, not us. The only player that we lost is Miguel Sierra (who?) in the Triple-A Phase.

Rule 5 Draft
That link shows Jamie Hoffman as the only player picked at all.
<!--quoteo(post=71304:date=Dec 10 2009, 10:11 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Dec 10 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That link shows Jamie Hoffman as the only player picked at all.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This is what I see.

[Image: Rule5.jpg]
I was really hoping that Maestri would get a ST invite and somehow make the pen. I hope no one takes him from us.
<!--quoteo(post=71308:date=Dec 10 2009, 11:38 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 10 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I was really hoping that Maestri would get a ST invite and somehow make the pen. I hope no one takes him from us.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Unfortunately, he has quite a few players to beat out. You may have to set a couple pairs of cement shoes for your Italian brother. I suggest starting with this one.

[Image: 340x.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=71308:date=Dec 10 2009, 10:38 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 10 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I was really hoping that Maestri would get a ST invite and somehow make the pen. I hope no one takes him from us.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't think you have to worry any more Rok. It appears the draft has been completed and only that Sierra guy was taken from us.
See 1st post
<!--quoteo(post=71316:date=Dec 10 2009, 11:22 AM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Dec 10 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Well, I guess he went to the White Sox according to that link.

Sullivan and Kaplan both reported he went to the Cubs. I shouldnt be surprised.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
FWIW, MLB.com has corrected the link. The Cubs took Parisi. The only real effect that I can see this having is if, a la Patton from last year, they allow him to eat up a space on the 25-man roster, forcing us to trade a much better pitcher, like ohidunno, Wuertz.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Cubs acquired righty Arismendy Mota from the Nationals for cash considerations. Mota was taken by the Nats from the White Sox with the first pick of the Triple A phase of the Rule 5 draft yesterday.
I got nothin'.

Andy