Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Training 2010
<!--quoteo(post=85545:date=Apr 1 2010, 05:01 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 1 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ace will love Hak Ju Lee's swing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Can the special needs kid get an explanation on this one too?
<!--quoteo(post=85578:date=Apr 1 2010, 11:13 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Apr 1 2010, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85545:date=Apr 1 2010, 05:01 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 1 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ace will love Hak Ju Lee's swing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Can't help you with this one.
<!--quoteo(post=85578:date=Apr 1 2010, 10:13 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Apr 1 2010, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85545:date=Apr 1 2010, 05:01 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 1 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ace will love Hak Ju Lee's swing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

1. I didn't call you that.

2. Most people here probably don't get what I was saying(especially any new people), but Ace used to flip(and I'm not mocking Ace or anything, just that whenever I see the Kosuke corkscrew swing I always think of him) about Kosuke's corkscrew swinging, and then that led to a discussion about how that's how they teach it in Japan, that it's not just the Fuk man. Well Mr. Hak Ju looks like a mini Fuk. Pulled a foul ball down the right field line where he completely spun out of the box. Same looking everything as Fuk up there.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=85582:date=Apr 1 2010, 10:14 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 1 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85578:date=Apr 1 2010, 10:13 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Apr 1 2010, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85545:date=Apr 1 2010, 05:01 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 1 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ace will love Hak Ju Lee's swing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

2. Most people here probably don't get what I was saying(especially any new people), but Ace used to flip about Kosuke's corkscrew swinging, and then that led to a discussion about how that's how they teach it in Japan, that it's not just the Fuk man. Well Mr. Hak Ju looks like a mini Fuk. Pulled a foul ball down the right field line where he completely spun out of the box. Same looking everything as Fuk up there.
Thanks for the explanation, Anno.

I kid, I kid. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=85583:date=Apr 1 2010, 11:15 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 1 2010, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85582:date=Apr 1 2010, 10:14 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 1 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85578:date=Apr 1 2010, 10:13 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Apr 1 2010, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85545:date=Apr 1 2010, 05:01 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 1 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ace will love Hak Ju Lee's swing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

2. Most people here probably don't get what I was saying(especially any new people), but Ace used to flip about Kosuke's corkscrew swinging, and then that led to a discussion about how that's how they teach it in Japan, that it's not just the Fuk man. Well Mr. Hak Ju looks like a mini Fuk. Pulled a foul ball down the right field line where he completely spun out of the box. Same looking everything as Fuk up there.

Okay... now I don't get it.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=85585:date=Apr 1 2010, 10:19 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 1 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85583:date=Apr 1 2010, 11:15 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 1 2010, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85582:date=Apr 1 2010, 10:14 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 1 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85578:date=Apr 1 2010, 10:13 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Apr 1 2010, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85545:date=Apr 1 2010, 05:01 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 1 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ace will love Hak Ju Lee's swing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Okay... now I don't get it.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Just yankin' your chain, Matty.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Dont look now, but Silva has an ERA of 1.40 since the disastrous first start against the Sox.
Actually, our starting pitching staff, on whole, has been really good outside of Z.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=85594:date=Apr 2 2010, 10:30 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Apr 2 2010, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Actually, our starting pitching staff, on whole, has been really good outside of Z.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And even Z has been decent aside from 2 poor starts.
<!--quoteo(post=85597:date=Apr 2 2010, 10:44 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 2 2010, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85594:date=Apr 2 2010, 10:30 AM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Apr 2 2010, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Actually, our starting pitching staff, on whole, has been really good outside of Z.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And even Z has been decent aside from 2 poor starts.

Goddammit, don't start this optimism bullshit. I want to believe this team is going to suck dick (more than Piazza) and will only finish no worse than third because the Reds, Astros, and Pirates are in our division.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

We're going to breathe, bitches...

We're going to breathe big...
<!--quoteo(post=85594:date=Apr 2 2010, 09:30 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Apr 2 2010, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Actually, our starting pitching staff, on whole, has been really good outside of Z.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't know why people have been so down on our rotation. I think it's one of the best in baseball. We just don't have a dominant "ace", but that matters way more to me in the postseason than the regular season. It's not like Zambrano's gonna be matched up against Tim Lincecums in his 35 starts. He, Dempster, Lilly, and Wells are all very capable of winning 15+. I'd rather have 4 #2-#3 pitchers than a super ace and not much else.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=85608:date=Apr 2 2010, 11:57 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 2 2010, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85594:date=Apr 2 2010, 09:30 AM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Apr 2 2010, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Actually, our starting pitching staff, on whole, has been really good outside of Z.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't know why people have been so down on our rotation. I think it's one of the best in baseball. We just don't have a dominant "ace", but that matters way more to me in the postseason than the regular season. It's not like Zambrano's gonna be matched up against Tim Lincecums in his 35 starts. He, Dempster, Lilly, and Wells are all very capable of winning 15+. I'd rather have 4 #2-#3 pitchers than a super ace and not much else.

On paper, the 2010 starting rotation looks significantly weaker than the 2009 starting rotation. Losing Harden and adding Silva did not make the staff stronger.

Harden could be a pain in the ass but the guy was able to pull out 6 innings of no hitter type stuff on any given start. Unfortunately, he was just as likely to not make it past the 3 inning and require additional time off between starts.

The starters may not be get a lot of accolades this year but they should be fine.

Unfortunately, the bullpen is another story.
<!--quoteo(post=85610:date=Apr 2 2010, 11:12 AM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Apr 2 2010, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85608:date=Apr 2 2010, 11:57 AM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 2 2010, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85594:date=Apr 2 2010, 09:30 AM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Apr 2 2010, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Actually, our starting pitching staff, on whole, has been really good outside of Z.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

On paper, the 2010 starting rotation looks significantly weaker than the 2009 starting rotation. Losing Harden and adding Silva did not make the staff stronger.
<b>
Harden could be a pain in the ass but the guy was able to pull out 6 innings of no hitter type stuff on any given start. Unfortunately, he was just as likely to not make it past the 3 inning and require additional time off between starts.
</b>
The starters may not be get a lot of accolades this year but they should be fine.

Unfortunately, the bullpen is another story.
He was very blah last year. I think our top 4 starters do best better than he did. 4.09 ERA, gave up 23 homers in 141 innings, and went over 6 innings just 5 times. All of our other four will do that on regularity which will keep the bullpen fresh. And Gorzelanny/Silva/whoever else won't be anything special, but it's a #5 starter. Few teams in baseball are very proud of who they have back there. The key is our top 4 being able to make 30 starts each.
@TheBlogfines
Also, Zambrano made just 28 starts. He made at least 30 each of the previous 6 years.

Lilly made just 28 starts. He'd made at least 31 starts 5 of the previous 6 years.

Wells just made 27... didn't become a part of our rotation until May 8th.

Yes, you can say, "Well Zambrano's older and has thrown a ton of innings, injuries can be expected to continue.", or "Lilly's missing at least 2 starts and who knows how his shoulder and knee will hold up over the season." But, it sounds like they're both doing pretty good right now so we'll see.
@TheBlogfines