Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Training 2010
<!--quoteo(post=84651:date=Mar 26 2010, 01:47 PM:name=AnnoCatuli)-->QUOTE (AnnoCatuli @ Mar 26 2010, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84648:date=Mar 26 2010, 03:39 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Mar 26 2010, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84624:date=Mar 26 2010, 01:15 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 26 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Something you seldom see....Cubs in pinstripes for a Zambrano start.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He finds them slimming, now.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, he did lose 15 lbs. he wants to show it off lol
I know lolz.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Brenly seems to think that although Byrd isn't the fastest CF around, he doesn't let too many balls get away from him and takes good routes out there. It isn't pretty, but I think he gets the job done ok.
Gotta love this defense!
@TheBlogfines
And Theriot's lack of range causes an injury it looks like.

Well he's staying in but was rolling around on the ground after he dove. Landed awkwardly.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=84656:date=Mar 26 2010, 03:53 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 26 2010, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Brenly seems to think that although Byrd isn't the fastest CF around, he doesn't let too many balls get away from him and takes good routes out there. It isn't pretty, but I think he gets the job done ok.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I can't get the image of that horrid throw the other day out of my mind.
<!--quoteo(post=84662:date=Mar 26 2010, 04:03 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 26 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84656:date=Mar 26 2010, 03:53 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 26 2010, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Brenly seems to think that although Byrd isn't the fastest CF around, he doesn't let too many balls get away from him and takes good routes out there. It isn't pretty, but I think he gets the job done ok.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I only heard about it.

And I'm not necessarily agreeing with Brenly, just repeating what he said. I guess it's possible that he is just a lumbering buffoon with a noodle for an arm, but I have no idea.
<!--quoteo(post=84663:date=Mar 26 2010, 03:09 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 26 2010, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84662:date=Mar 26 2010, 04:03 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 26 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84656:date=Mar 26 2010, 03:53 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 26 2010, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Brenly seems to think that although Byrd isn't the fastest CF around, he doesn't let too many balls get away from him and takes good routes out there. It isn't pretty, but I think he gets the job done ok.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I only heard about it.

And I'm not necessarily agreeing with Brenly, just repeating what he said. I guess it's possible that he is just a lumbering buffoon with a noodle for an arm, but I have no idea.
It was awful. Medium depth flyball, he Jacque lawn darted it, except it was way closer to third base than home plate. Really one of the worst throws I've ever seen from a professional outfielder.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=84663:date=Mar 26 2010, 04:09 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 26 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84662:date=Mar 26 2010, 04:03 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 26 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84656:date=Mar 26 2010, 03:53 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 26 2010, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Brenly seems to think that although Byrd isn't the fastest CF around, he doesn't let too many balls get away from him and takes good routes out there. It isn't pretty, but I think he gets the job done ok.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I only heard about it.

I'm hearing all the same things you are. Some of them are directly from Byrd...how it'll be ugly but he'll get the job done. I guess that makes him Jake Fox, defensively.
Oh, he is better defensively than Fox. He can get to the ball, but his arm may not be up to snuff.
This organization hasn't emphasized defense from top to bottom in a long long time. I wonder why that is, but it's no wonder that we drafted and signed nothing but fireballers for years. We're scared to have pitchers who allow hitters to put the ball in play, because no one trusts our defense to make even routine plays. This is all on Hendry too.
I like how Brenly qualified "once a Cub, always a Cub" as being 2 years and up.
<!--quoteo(post=84668:date=Mar 26 2010, 03:18 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 26 2010, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This organization hasn't emphasized defense from top to bottom in a long long time. I wonder why that is, but it's no wonder that we drafted and signed nothing but fireballers for years. We're scared to have pitchers who allow hitters to put the ball in play, because no one trusts our defense to make even routine plays. This is all on Hendry too.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If I felt like we'd hit and pitch like we did in 08, I certainly wouldn't care as much about our defense. But when you're average everywhere else, you better make routine plays. Instead, we're still dropping routine pop ups in shallow left field with 3 guys there like was the case 20 minutes ago.
@TheBlogfines
Hate to see Marmol blow chunks like that.
What happened with Parisi?
I must have missed it.
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
<!--quoteo(post=84708:date=Mar 26 2010, 07:26 PM:name=MW4)-->QUOTE (MW4 @ Mar 26 2010, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What happened with Parisi?
I must have missed it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He was killed in a tragic murder-suicide by CHC5151. CHC5151 wrote in his note that if he couldn't have Parisi, then no one could.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v