Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Training 2010
I know it is early, but am I the only one worried that Guzman's shoulder issues may lead to surgery?
Ha, looks like Marmol's got his control already!

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Aramis Ramirez chose to sit out the live BP session vs. Carlos Marmol on Saturday. Starlin Castro took his turn and got plunked in the backside by one of Marmol's sliders.

"He didn't leave -- he stood there, to his credit," Lou Piniella said of Castro.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=80929:date=Feb 27 2010, 03:47 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Feb 27 2010, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I know it is early, but am I the only one worried that Guzman's shoulder issues may lead to surgery?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think Guzman is another in a long line of Cubs players who are walking injuries.
Guzman's already had about a million surgeries. The next one is free if he remembers his card.

That said, no reason to assume this particular injury will lead to surgery any more than Jeff Gray's groin injury or Derrek Lee's broken foot.

(ah, just fuckin' on that last one - did you bite?)
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
I am really hoping that Chad Tracy has a good spring and gets a bench spot. He would be a good guy to have on the team because he is a good player when he is healthy. Plus, I believe he could backup both corner infield spots.
<!--quoteo(post=80933:date=Feb 27 2010, 04:22 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Feb 27 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Guzman's already had about a million surgeries. The next one is free if he remembers his card.

That said, no reason to assume this particular injury will lead to surgery any more than Jeff Gray's groin injury or Derrek Lee's broken foot.

(ah, just fuckin' on that last one - did you bite?)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Choked on my Pepsi One, asshole.
While the Guzman injury shouldn't come as any surprise, I think its still something to worry about. First he was over coming a knee surgery, then he had arm soreness? Definitely something to keep your eye on. Reports from AZ said his arm was feeling better, but we have heard that several times before with several of our pitchers.

Am I concerned? A little, because he is supposed to be our right handed setup pitcher in the bullpen. Without him, We have to look to Caridad and Samardzija to be the setup men from the right side.
<!--quoteo(post=80987:date=Feb 28 2010, 12:32 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Feb 28 2010, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=80933:date=Feb 27 2010, 04:22 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Feb 27 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Guzman's already had about a million surgeries. The next one is free if he remembers his card.

(ah, just fuckin' on that last one - did you bite?)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
is this product placement for your show?
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=80994:date=Feb 28 2010, 02:39 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Feb 28 2010, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=80987:date=Feb 28 2010, 12:32 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Feb 28 2010, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=80933:date=Feb 27 2010, 04:22 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Feb 27 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Guzman's already had about a million surgeries. The next one is free if he remembers his card.

Dear Pepi Corporation,

PM me for my address.

-M
<!--quoteo(post=80996:date=Feb 28 2010, 04:12 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Feb 28 2010, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=80994:date=Feb 28 2010, 02:39 PM:name=Mikey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikey @ Feb 28 2010, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=80987:date=Feb 28 2010, 12:32 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Feb 28 2010, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=80933:date=Feb 27 2010, 04:22 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Feb 27 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Guzman's already had about a million surgeries. The next one is free if he remembers his card.

Dear Pepi Corporation,

PM me for my address.

-M

Did you just ask a little Spanish boy to PM you?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=80998:date=Feb 28 2010, 03:51 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Feb 28 2010, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=80996:date=Feb 28 2010, 04:12 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Feb 28 2010, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=80994:date=Feb 28 2010, 02:39 PM:name=Mikey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikey @ Feb 28 2010, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=80987:date=Feb 28 2010, 12:32 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Feb 28 2010, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=80933:date=Feb 27 2010, 04:22 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Feb 27 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Guzman's already had about a million surgeries. The next one is free if he remembers his card.

Dear Pepi Corporation,

PM me for my address.

-M

Did you just ask a little Spanish boy to PM you?
Si.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs manager Lou Piniella may lead off 19-year-old shortstop Starlin Castro in Thursday's spring opener.
"I'm anxious to see the kid myself," Piniella said. "He handles himself very professionally for a young kid out here, he really does. He's calm. He's not awed by being here. He's relaxed. He's not starry-eyed. If you didn't know he was 19 years old, you couldn't guess he was 19." Castro isn't projected to make the team out of camp, and should spend most of the season as Triple-A's shortstop. A good showing in camp, however, would put him first in line for a promotion if Ryan Theriot gets hurt.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
@TheBlogfines
It really does appear that the organization can't wait to kick Theriot aside. Then again, an injury or crappy performance by ANY of our middle infielders, not just Theriot, would probably result in a premature Castro call-up. I'm anxious to see him myself, but I'm worried by all this hype too.
I'm almost certain we're going to fuck up Castro's development in some way or another.
Butch, you have to be the most anxious and paranoid Cubs fan I've ever encountered lol. But, you're probably right.