Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six Guys Out Of Options
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->mlbtraderumors

Cubs' out of options players: Jeff Baker, Andres Blanco, Tom Gorzelanny, Angel Guzman, Koyie Hill, Geovany Soto. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Who, if any, do we trade or let go?
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=78983:date=Feb 8 2010, 08:49 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Feb 8 2010, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->mlbtraderumors

Cubs' out of options players: Jeff Baker, Andres Blanco, Tom Gorzelanny, Angel Guzman, Koyie Hill, Geovany Soto. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Blanco's the only one that doesn't make the Opening Day roster.
<!--quoteo(post=78987:date=Feb 8 2010, 08:07 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Feb 8 2010, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=78983:date=Feb 8 2010, 08:49 PM:name=Giff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giff @ Feb 8 2010, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->mlbtraderumors

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't. He's the only backup SS option.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=78991:date=Feb 8 2010, 09:42 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 8 2010, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=78987:date=Feb 8 2010, 08:07 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Feb 8 2010, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=78983:date=Feb 8 2010, 08:49 PM:name=Giff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giff @ Feb 8 2010, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->mlbtraderumors

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't. He's the only backup SS option.
You are correct(forgot Miles was jettisoned), I think they all make it.
Gorzelanny probably has the best chance of clearing waivers aside from Blanco. I wouldn't shed a tear.
I believe Sean Marshall has some special kind of deal where he is effectively out of options, too, but I can neither explain nor confirm.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
All those blokes including Marshall will be in the 25