Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch
Clutch - One's ability to maintain personal stasis throughout moments of duress.

That is my definition. That is what it should mean to everyone who uses the word.

Refute and DIE.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Agreed. Not just in baseball but in life in general.
<!--quoteo(post=83167:date=Mar 18 2010, 08:10 AM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Mar 18 2010, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Clutch - One's ability to maintain personal statis throughout moments of duress.

That is my definition. That is what it should mean to everyone who uses the word.

Refute and DIE.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I wouldn't necessarily say maintain status. I think it's overcoming moments of high duress. You may feel I just said the same thing you did but reworded, but I think there's a difference.

If you're trying to find someone to say that it's performing better than usual in a high stress situation, I'm not biting on that one.
<!--quoteo(post=83171:date=Mar 18 2010, 08:22 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Mar 18 2010, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83167:date=Mar 18 2010, 08:10 AM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Mar 18 2010, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Clutch - One's ability to maintain personal statis throughout moments of duress.

I wouldn't necessarily say maintain status. I think it's overcoming moments of high duress. You may feel I just said the same thing you did but reworded, but I think there's a difference.

If you're trying to find someone to say that it's performing better than usual in a high stress situation, I'm not biting on that one.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, if you could read then you would have seen that I have said "maintain personal stasis" and not whatever the hell you thought you read. By that definition, Mr. Scotty Pods got lucky, Man and A Ram are doing their thang, and you or I wouldn't hit shit ever in an MLB game.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=83172:date=Mar 18 2010, 08:27 AM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Mar 18 2010, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83171:date=Mar 18 2010, 08:22 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Mar 18 2010, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83167:date=Mar 18 2010, 08:10 AM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Mar 18 2010, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Clutch - One's ability to maintain personal statis throughout moments of duress.

Well, if you could read then you would have seen that I have said "maintain personal stasis" and not whatever the hell you thought you read. By that definition, Mr. Scotty Pods got lucky, Man and A Ram are doing their thang, and you or I wouldn't hit shit ever in an MLB game.

Maybe you could learn to type...or failing that, own up to the fact that you wrote "statis" and the responsibility for any confusion is yours.
I fucking hate when people use the word clutch when discussing sports.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=83184:date=Mar 18 2010, 07:47 AM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Mar 18 2010, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I fucking hate when people use the word clutch when discussing sports.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Why? Because it's what Tony Romo lacks?
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=83182:date=Mar 18 2010, 09:44 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 18 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83172:date=Mar 18 2010, 08:27 AM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Mar 18 2010, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83171:date=Mar 18 2010, 08:22 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Mar 18 2010, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83167:date=Mar 18 2010, 08:10 AM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Mar 18 2010, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Clutch - One's ability to maintain personal statis throughout moments of duress.

Maybe you could learn to type...or failing that, own up to the fact that you wrote "statis" and the responsibility for any confusion is yours.

I'm a clown. I was just trying to piss of Scarey anyway.
<!--quoteo(post=83265:date=Mar 18 2010, 04:37 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Mar 18 2010, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83182:date=Mar 18 2010, 09:44 AM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 18 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83172:date=Mar 18 2010, 08:27 AM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Mar 18 2010, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83171:date=Mar 18 2010, 08:22 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Mar 18 2010, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83167:date=Mar 18 2010, 08:10 AM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Mar 18 2010, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Clutch - One's ability to maintain personal statis throughout moments of duress.

I'm a clown. I was just trying to piss of Scarey anyway.

I love you in spite of you.
I'm not sure what the words were intended to be, but I like your definition ... I just wouldn't have used "maintain personal stasis."
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.