Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs All-Decade Team
Damn...I never realized how fucking good he was with us. Either that or I just forgot.
that's because he gave us two of the most boring and vanilla good years ever. He never wanted to be here and he seemed to carry himself like that the entire time he was here.
Wang.
I mainly didn't care for McGriff because he always looked strange wearing hats, on account of his double forehead.
[Image: fred-mcgriff.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=84300:date=Mar 24 2010, 07:25 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Mar 24 2010, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->that's because he gave us two of the most boring and vanilla good years ever. He never wanted to be here and he seemed to carry himself like that the entire time he was here.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's been a pretty soft-spoken guy like that his whole career, though. Every year, he quietly put up really good numbers. His year and a half with the the Cubs wasn't any different. If anyone was expecting him to come to the Cubs and be a cheerleader, of course you'd be disappointed.
<!--quoteo(post=84309:date=Mar 24 2010, 09:39 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 24 2010, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84300:date=Mar 24 2010, 07:25 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Mar 24 2010, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->that's because he gave us two of the most boring and vanilla good years ever. He never wanted to be here and he seemed to carry himself like that the entire time he was here.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's been a pretty soft-spoken guy like that his whole career, though. Every year, he quietly put up really good numbers. His year and a half with the the Cubs wasn't any different. If anyone was expecting him to come to the Cubs and be a cheerleader, of course you'd be disappointed.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm just saying he put up the quietest 30/100/.284 that i can ever remember. I can see where people thought he wasn't all that good with us because it didn't seem like he was, even though he was.
Wang.
I actually forgot that he agreed to the deal.
I just remember him delaying it.