Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitching staff appears set
<!--quoteo(post=84689:date=Mar 26 2010, 04:55 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 26 2010, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jesus... Samardzija used to at least have a fastball.

Well, not a well located one, but it had velocity at least.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
What's he hitting on the gun today?
<!--quoteo(post=84690:date=Mar 26 2010, 03:57 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 26 2010, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84689:date=Mar 26 2010, 04:55 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 26 2010, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jesus... Samardzija used to at least have a fastball.

Well, not a well located one, but it had velocity at least.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
86-88 on the wgn gun with horrible location. I wasn't paying attention much earlier but saw Z at least hitting 91-92.
@TheBlogfines
He did show off a nice curveball in the 75 mph area that dropped in for a strike. He's been talking about that pitch.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=84692:date=Mar 26 2010, 05:01 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 26 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84690:date=Mar 26 2010, 03:57 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 26 2010, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84689:date=Mar 26 2010, 04:55 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 26 2010, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jesus... Samardzija used to at least have a fastball.

86-88 on the wgn gun with horrible location. I wasn't paying attention much earlier but saw Z at least hitting 91-92.
Ugh.

Z's usually around the low 90s, so it sounds like the gun is pretty accurate. Shark used to hit mid-90s, didn't he?
Shark, Russell and Silva are the 3 I expect to suck on our staff. If Lilly and Guzman were healthy I'd have no worries about the staff.
<!--quoteo(post=84694:date=Mar 26 2010, 04:03 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 26 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84692:date=Mar 26 2010, 05:01 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 26 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84690:date=Mar 26 2010, 03:57 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 26 2010, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84689:date=Mar 26 2010, 04:55 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 26 2010, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jesus... Samardzija used to at least have a fastball.

Ugh.

Z's usually around the low 90s, so it sounds like the gun is pretty accurate. Shark used to hit mid-90s, didn't he?
Yeah... he used to be 94-97. I've read stuff about him being in the 80s this spring. Looks like that wasn't a lie. With blah stuff otherwise and blah location, he better be throwing in the mid 90s. He looked horrible.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=84642:date=Mar 26 2010, 02:35 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Mar 26 2010, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84633:date=Mar 26 2010, 03:23 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 26 2010, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84630:date=Mar 26 2010, 02:21 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 26 2010, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm not thrilled about our pen -- and I would be much more confident if Guzman was still a factor.

However, if our starter goes 6 and we have the lead, I feel relatively good about Caridad, Grabow, and Marmol.
<b>
If our starter goes 5 or gets knocked out early, then we're most likely fucked for that game anyway. Nobody is going to have a bullpen full of shut-down relievers.</b><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well that's certainly going to be the case quite a bit in April at least.
With Samardzijia and Marshall already in the pen. Sloth or King Hippo will be there when Lilly gets back, there should be plenty of long relief to fill the gap and let Marmol blow the game in the 9th.
Well done. Marmol just gave up a bomb to start what was a tied game in the 9th.
@TheBlogfines
We are lucky the schedule is easy to start the season.
<!--quoteo(post=84592:date=Mar 26 2010, 01:52 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Mar 26 2010, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You know, when you see the rotation on paper, it's really kind of scary.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I couldnt have said it better.
Im not going to purchase MLB.tv for awhile now.
I just saw this excerpt from the Sun-Times on Ace's site

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Samardzija, the former Notre Dame football star, said he understood the decision and accepted it — but not before telling manager Lou Piniella he disagreed and thought he should be starting.

”Trust me, I’m just a competitive guy,” Samardzija said, ”and when we talk about starting and everything, a lot of it has to do with me just being a competitive guy. And I get my mind set on things, and there’s certain things I want to do. But you’ve got to be like that. If you don’t have that edge in professional sports and have an idea where you want to be, things are going to slip by, and that’s the last thing I want.”<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

WELL BOO FUCKING HOO JEFF. Jesus. You're making $10 million, got a $2 million signing bonus, are throwing sally ass 86 mph fastballs that Aaron Miles could hit 600 feet, and tossing sliders that stay up more than Peter North's dick. If you're "just a competitive guy", how about you work your ass off to get your fastball back and maybe add a single other pitch that is better than average? Until then, you should be thanking whatever the fuck you worship that you're even on a major league roster. Maybe if you show you can miss any major league bats you'll eventually get your shot at being in the rotation. Fuck, from what I've seen, he's not going to miss any minor league bats right now. This fucking team is full of a bunch of dumbass pieces of shit. Gonna be another fun year.
@TheBlogfines
I'm re-nicknaming him "Smudge."
<!--quoteo(post=84757:date=Mar 27 2010, 12:13 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 27 2010, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just saw this excerpt from the Sun-Times on Ace's site

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Samardzija, the former Notre Dame football star, said he understood the decision and accepted it — but not before telling manager Lou Piniella he disagreed and thought he should be starting.

”Trust me, I’m just a competitive guy,” Samardzija said, ”and when we talk about starting and everything, a lot of it has to do with me just being a competitive guy. And I get my mind set on things, and there’s certain things I want to do. But you’ve got to be like that. If you don’t have that edge in professional sports and have an idea where you want to be, things are going to slip by, and that’s the last thing I want.”<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

WELL BOO FUCKING HOO JEFF. Jesus. You're making $10 million, got a $2 million signing bonus, are throwing sally ass 86 mph fastballs that Aaron Miles could hit 600 feet, and tossing sliders that stay up more than Peter North's dick. If you're "just a competitive guy", how about you work your ass off to get your fastball back and maybe add a single other pitch that is better than average? Until then, you should be thanking whatever the fuck you worship that you're even on a major league roster. Maybe if you show you can miss any major league bats you'll eventually get your shot at being in the rotation. Fuck, from what I've seen, he's not going to miss any minor league bats right now. This fucking team is full of a bunch of dumbass pieces of shit. Gonna be another fun year.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=84757:date=Mar 27 2010, 01:13 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 27 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just saw this excerpt from the Sun-Times on Ace's site <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec--><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->WELL BOO FUCKING HOO JEFF. Jesus. You're making $10 million, got a $2 million signing bonus, are throwing sally ass 86 mph fastballs that Aaron Miles could hit 600 feet, and tossing sliders that stay up more than Peter North's dick.<b> If you're "just a competitive guy", how about you work your ass off to get your fastball back and maybe add a single other pitch that is better than average?</b> Until then, you should be thanking whatever the fuck you worship that you're even on a major league roster. Maybe if you show you can miss any major league bats you'll eventually get your shot at being in the rotation. Fuck, from what I've seen, he's not going to miss any minor league bats right now. This fucking team is full of a bunch of dumbass pieces of shit. Gonna be another fun year.
Great rant, Clappie. I was thinking the same thing, but couldn't have expressed it so well.
And to think that Shark got the biggest contract out of college of anyone in history (until Strasburg). I wish Jim would stop worshipping Notre Dame.

And hell yes, Shark has <i>got</i> to learn another pitch! This is big-league baseball, numbnuts.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Im glad that Jeff is pissed. Maybe he will sack up and turn into something useful.
He cant get much worse lately.

But he had such a powerful debut.