Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening Day Roster 2010
<!--quoteo(post=85395:date=Mar 31 2010, 09:38 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 31 2010, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm pretty sure Cashner was in there somewhere - the big three I recall was Vitters, Cashner, Marshall.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Apparently in late January, Levine was suggesting the deal might look like Jeff Stevens, Garrett Olson, Josh Vitters, Kevin Hart and Welington Castillo.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Well, we're idiots if we didn't pull the trigger on <i>that</i>.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
I'm not sure how I feel about the bullpen but when has that ever stopped me from being excited about Opening Day.

FUCK YEAH BOYS!
So I was watching the cheesy 30 in 30 Cubs edition on MLB Network last night.
It was standard stuff, but I got really excited when they showed Maddux working with our pitching staff.
<!--quoteo(post=85503:date=Apr 1 2010, 12:36 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Apr 1 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So I was watching the cheesy 30 in 30 Cubs edition on MLB Network last night.
It was standard stuff, but I got really excited when they showed Maddux working with our pitching staff.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah for sure.
@TheBlogfines
Did I miss this? The Cubs wanted Dye to be our RF?

The following is from Fox Sports:
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Brewers can't make successful match with Dye — 1:55 p.m.

The Brewers made a run at free-agent outfielder Jermaine Dye within the past week, but the talks failed to produce an agreement, major-league sources say.

If the Brewers had signed Dye, they would have traded another of their outfielders, most likely right fielder Corey Hart, to clear both money and playing time.

The Brewers and Nationals are believed to have discussed Hart. The Nats, who have been looking for a right fielder since releasing Elijah Dukes, also have been linked to Dye.

<b>Dye, 36, said earlier this offseason that he turned down a one-year, $3 million offer from the Cubs, who instead signed another free-agent outfielder, Xavier Nady, for $3.3 million.</b>

The reason for the impasse between Dye and the Brewers is not known. But the Brewers are not happy with Hart, 28, who will earn $4.8 million this season.

Manager Ken Macha told reporters Tuesday that <b>Jim Edmonds, a left-handed hitter, could be his Opening Day</b> right fielder against Rockies right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Yes. I believe this was discussed in another thread somewhere? Maybe the ST thread?
Alright... maybe Starlin should've been a part of this. Holy quick bat. And the triple he hit to right-center was an absolute rope. His speed and ability to cut the bases was maybe even more impressive.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=85715:date=Apr 3 2010, 05:43 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 3 2010, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Alright... maybe Starlin should've been a part of this. Holy quick bat. And the triple he hit to right-center was an absolute rope. His speed and ability to cut the bases was maybe even more impressive.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No godammit...NO.

He'll keep for crying out loud.

This is how it starts.
<!--quoteo(post=85715:date=Apr 3 2010, 03:43 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 3 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Alright... maybe Starlin should've been a part of this. <b>Holy quick bat.</b> And the triple he hit to right-center was an absolute rope. His speed and ability to cut the bases was maybe even more impressive.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Usually Cubs prospects have holey swings.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.