Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zambrano
<!--quoteo(post=87332:date=Apr 8 2010, 11:23 PM:name=Gracie)-->QUOTE (Gracie @ Apr 8 2010, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87019:date=Apr 8 2010, 04:06 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Apr 8 2010, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->He hasn't been great since about 2004, and he's getting worse with each year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Exactly. It's not like he was in the top 5 in Cy Young voting in both 2006 and 2007 which both happened after 2004.

Oh wait.....
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Take a look at the numbers. They definitely don't deserve Cy Young consideration.

A less tired, more sober BT would argue your ass into the ground. Luckily for you (and Brock), I'm both tired and drunk. Suffice to say, he was great in 2005 and 2006, regardless if he deserved to be in the top 5 of the Cy Young.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
On the list of problems the Cubs will have trying to get back to the playoffs this year, Zambrano is far down on it. If he stays healthy, he'll win 16+ games easily. It really doesn't matter if he's an ace or not. He's good. Dempster and Lily are good. Wells is looking like he's good. If healthy, I don't expect many problems with the rotation. It's funny to me that this is even a concern.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=87341:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->On the list of problems the Cubs will have trying to get back to the playoffs this year, Zambrano is far down on it. If he stays healthy, he'll win 16+ games easily. It really doesn't matter if he's an ace or not. He's good. Dempster and Lily are good. Wells is looking like he's good. If healthy, I don't expect many problems with the rotation. It's funny to me that this is even a concern.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The rotation isn't a concern. As a whole, the offense probably won't be either. Defense and bullpen, that's where the problems are.
<!--quoteo(post=87345:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87341:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->On the list of problems the Cubs will have trying to get back to the playoffs this year, Zambrano is far down on it. If he stays healthy, he'll win 16+ games easily. It really doesn't matter if he's an ace or not. He's good. Dempster and Lily are good. Wells is looking like he's good. If healthy, I don't expect many problems with the rotation. It's funny to me that this is even a concern.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The rotation isn't a concern. As a whole, the offense probably won't be either. Defense and bullpen, that's where the problems are.
Yeah, I agree, the lineup and the rotation are gonna be fine. If we are gonna do anything this year I think we are gonna have to do something about the middle infield and the back end of the pen.

Even just bringing up Castro, moving Theriot to 2B and trading for one good setup guy would make a world of difference I think.
<!--quoteo(post=87346:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87345:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87341:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->On the list of problems the Cubs will have trying to get back to the playoffs this year, Zambrano is far down on it. If he stays healthy, he'll win 16+ games easily. It really doesn't matter if he's an ace or not. He's good. Dempster and Lily are good. Wells is looking like he's good. If healthy, I don't expect many problems with the rotation. It's funny to me that this is even a concern.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, I agree, the lineup and the rotation are gonna be fine. If we are gonna do anything this year I think we are gonna have to do something about the middle infield and the back end of the pen.

Even just bringing up Castro, moving Theriot to 2B and trading for one good setup guy would make a world of difference I think.
This. And Fontenot needs to be sent back to Lilliputia.
<!--quoteo(post=87346:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87345:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87341:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->On the list of problems the Cubs will have trying to get back to the playoffs this year, Zambrano is far down on it. If he stays healthy, he'll win 16+ games easily. It really doesn't matter if he's an ace or not. He's good. Dempster and Lily are good. Wells is looking like he's good. If healthy, I don't expect many problems with the rotation. It's funny to me that this is even a concern.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Could Marshall be that setup guy?
<!--quoteo(post=87351:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:37 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 9 2010, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87346:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87345:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87341:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->On the list of problems the Cubs will have trying to get back to the playoffs this year, Zambrano is far down on it. If he stays healthy, he'll win 16+ games easily. It really doesn't matter if he's an ace or not. He's good. Dempster and Lily are good. Wells is looking like he's good. If healthy, I don't expect many problems with the rotation. It's funny to me that this is even a concern.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think we need Marshall to continue to step up and a new setup man on top of that to even be solid. If Caridad steps up big then we might be ok as is, but I still think even if Marmol, Marshall and Caridad are all consistent and good (and that's a big If) we could still definitely benefit from an experienced setup guy.

I also wish the Cubs would send Samardzija down and leave him down until he shows there is a reason for him to be up, other than him being well-known from his football days. Him getting shelled over and over is really getting old and it wastes a roster spot.
<!--quoteo(post=87351:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:37 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 9 2010, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87346:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87345:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87341:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->On the list of problems the Cubs will have trying to get back to the playoffs this year, Zambrano is far down on it. If he stays healthy, he'll win 16+ games easily. It really doesn't matter if he's an ace or not. He's good. Dempster and Lily are good. Wells is looking like he's good. If healthy, I don't expect many problems with the rotation. It's funny to me that this is even a concern.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Like the idea of going from Marshall in the 8th to Carlos for the close.
<!--quoteo(post=87354:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:50 AM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Apr 9 2010, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87351:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:37 AM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 9 2010, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87346:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87345:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87341:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->On the list of problems the Cubs will have trying to get back to the playoffs this year, Zambrano is far down on it. If he stays healthy, he'll win 16+ games easily. It really doesn't matter if he's an ace or not. He's good. Dempster and Lily are good. Wells is looking like he's good. If healthy, I don't expect many problems with the rotation. It's funny to me that this is even a concern.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd be much happier with Marshall and Caridad alternating in the 7th or 6th and then going out and getting a reliable setup man for the 8th. Then Grabow can go fuck himself.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->I'd be much happier with Marshall and Caridad alternating in the 7th or 6th and then going out and getting a reliable setup man for the 8th. Then Grabow can go fuck himself.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->I also wish the Cubs would send Samardzija down and leave him. Him getting shelled over and over is really getting old and it wastes a roster spot.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Even just bringing up Castro, moving Theriot to 2B and trading for one good setup guy would make a world of difference I think.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agree on all of the above. In fact, it all seems so blatantly obvious, I'm surprised these things aren't being done.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=87355:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:55 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 9 2010, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87354:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:50 AM:name=1060Ivy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Apr 9 2010, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87351:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:37 AM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 9 2010, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87346:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87345:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87341:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->On the list of problems the Cubs will have trying to get back to the playoffs this year, Zambrano is far down on it. If he stays healthy, he'll win 16+ games easily. It really doesn't matter if he's an ace or not. He's good. Dempster and Lily are good. Wells is looking like he's good. If healthy, I don't expect many problems with the rotation. It's funny to me that this is even a concern.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd be much happier with Marshall and Caridad alternating in the 7th or 6th and then going out and getting a reliable setup man for the 8th. Then Grabow can go fuck himself.

Grabow is going to be fucking us for the foreseeable future.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=87355:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:55 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 9 2010, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87354:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:50 AM:name=1060Ivy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Apr 9 2010, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87351:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:37 AM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 9 2010, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87346:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87345:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87341:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->On the list of problems the Cubs will have trying to get back to the playoffs this year, Zambrano is far down on it. If he stays healthy, he'll win 16+ games easily. It really doesn't matter if he's an ace or not. He's good. Dempster and Lily are good. Wells is looking like he's good. If healthy, I don't expect many problems with the rotation. It's funny to me that this is even a concern.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Grabow is going to be fucking us for the foreseeable future.
Wang.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Fontenot needs to be sent back to Lilliputia.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=87355:date=Apr 9 2010, 09:55 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 9 2010, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87354:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:50 AM:name=1060Ivy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Apr 9 2010, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87351:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:37 AM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 9 2010, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87346:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87345:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 9 2010, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87341:date=Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 9 2010, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->On the list of problems the Cubs will have trying to get back to the playoffs this year, Zambrano is far down on it. If he stays healthy, he'll win 16+ games easily. It really doesn't matter if he's an ace or not. He's good. Dempster and Lily are good. Wells is looking like he's good. If healthy, I don't expect many problems with the rotation. It's funny to me that this is even a concern.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well said.
What percentage of the time do our starters not even make it through five or six? We definitely need a reliable fireman. Maybe Marshall is best where he is...ready to pick up the starter who's getting shelled.