Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's what pissed me off about last nights game...
<!--quoteo(post=86947:date=Apr 8 2010, 12:14 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 8 2010, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=86946:date=Apr 8 2010, 11:10 AM:name=Dirk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dirk @ Apr 8 2010, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=86945:date=Apr 8 2010, 12:03 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 8 2010, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I couldn't believe Wagner was lighting up the radar gun like that last night. For some reason I thought he was either retired or on the verge of retirement. And there he was throwing 98 mph gas and ridiculous sliders and making our guys look foolish.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
His ERA was under 2.00 last year, albeit in limited action.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah. I just looked him up on baseball reference. I guess I haven't been paying attention to him all that much and I thought he was out of baseball.
Wagner was hurt, but not broken. The dude still can bring it. I remember a game in Houston years back when he came on on the 9th and made our hitters (Sosa was one) look downright frilly. They couldn't catch up to Wagner's heat. He struck out the side, I believe. Braves got a steal in him, sadly.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=86914:date=Apr 8 2010, 08:49 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 8 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->...but on the pitch prior to Prado hitting the double that was eventually he tying run, he hit a pop up to about the second row or so on the rightfield side.

Lee got to the railing but he never even attempted to catch that ball. Never even put his glove out. Brenley said that Lee has a long wing span, but not that long. How do we know? He never reached for the ball.

Now maybe he doesn't catch it anyway. Maybe it WAS out of reach, but from where I was sitting (on my couch), it sure seemed catchable. It's that kind of lackluster play that's gonna doom a team, especially one that's so deficient in other areas.

Am I overreacting?

Anna<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Do you know what this means? Veryzer wasn't Veryzer at all! Veryzer was really Anna all these years!!! [Image: jawdrop.gif]
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=86951:date=Apr 8 2010, 11:31 AM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Apr 8 2010, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=86914:date=Apr 8 2010, 08:49 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 8 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->...but on the pitch prior to Prado hitting the double that was eventually he tying run, he hit a pop up to about the second row or so on the rightfield side.

Lee got to the railing but he never even attempted to catch that ball. Never even put his glove out. Brenley said that Lee has a long wing span, but not that long. How do we know? He never reached for the ball.

Now maybe he doesn't catch it anyway. Maybe it WAS out of reach, but from where I was sitting (on my couch), it sure seemed catchable. It's that kind of lackluster play that's gonna doom a team, especially one that's so deficient in other areas.

Am I overreacting?

Anna<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Do you know what this means? Veryzer wasn't Veryzer at all! Veryzer was really Anna all these years!!! [Image: jawdrop.gif]

This is what I'm saying.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_b-zslch97s&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_b-zslch97s&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
<!--quoteo(post=86939:date=Apr 8 2010, 11:41 AM:name=Qalex1)-->QUOTE (Qalex1 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have to be the first to disagree. That ball didn't look catch-able at all - unless you define catch-able as "making a spectacular, ESPN top-10, hall-of-fame" catch. It was two rows back, behind several fans reaching for it, and it was already almost to the ground by the time he reached the wall.

So when Lee reached the wall, he had a fraction of a second to track the wall, the fans, and the ball. It wasn't happening, Lee knew it and gave up. I had no problem with that play.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It hit a dude in the front row.
<!--quoteo(post=86944:date=Apr 8 2010, 11:59 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Apr 8 2010, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=86943:date=Apr 8 2010, 10:52 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Apr 8 2010, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=86933:date=Apr 8 2010, 09:49 AM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Apr 8 2010, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I noticed the same thing, and it did bother me for a minute.

Just like Fontenot dropping the ball on the caught SB just before the RBI Double to Heyward.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The Fontenot play bothered me the entire game. There is no excuse for dropping a ball that is already in your freaking glove.

I'm also not sure, but I also think the home plate ump was giving Wagner a much wider strike zone than he gave Grabow. Not to excuse Grabow, but he might have thrown a different pitch to Jones if the previous one had been called a strike.

Wagner got a larger strike zone than any other pitcher this series so far.
The ump was ready for the game to be over in the 9th.
Much larger strike zone.
Qalex was clearly watching a different game. the ball WAS catchable, and even if it wasn't, we'll never know because Lee didn't even try to catch it.

And the Fontenot play was the other one. that was terrible. I didn't mention that one because it was obvious.
Wang.