Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Throwing at Stubbs this Weekend
Maybe I was just bitter because of the moment in the game, but Drew Stubbs' bat flip and hop on his grand slam really pissed me off. He's a kid who's earned nothing yet. You don't get to do that kind of shit until (1) it's a really meaningful late season game, and (2) you've been around a while.

So that all said... anyone think he gets one high and tight this weekend?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Bazooka.

From the stands.

Several angles...all at his head.
<!--quoteo(post=87792:date=Apr 10 2010, 06:19 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 10 2010, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe I was just bitter because of the moment in the game, but Drew Stubbs' bat flip and hop on his grand slam really pissed me off. He's a kid who's earned nothing yet. You don't get to do that kind of shit until (1) it's a really meaningful late season game, and (2) you've been around a while.

So that all said... anyone think he gets one high and tight this weekend?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I wouldn't be surprised. Especially since they threw at Lee yesterday too.
Well, Z is on the mound today. We all know that he is a little bit off, he might throw one high and tight. I wouldn't be too surprised at all. Rookies should not show anyone up, not even when they hit a game winning grand slam.
Nothing's gonna happen.
Wang.
He's at least gonna get dusted off.
I wouldn't do it today. We need Z to have a good start and the last thing we need is him putting guys on. I want a win today! If we get a big lead then sure, go ahead and bean him. But right away, i think it is a bad idea.
<!--quoteo(post=87814:date=Apr 10 2010, 11:43 AM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 10 2010, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I wouldn't do it today. We need Z to have a good start and the last thing we need is him putting guys on. I want a win today! If we get a big lead then sure, go ahead and bean him. But right away, i think it is a bad idea.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agreed. If we have a secure lead (which has to be a huge lead if we're being realistic), then plunk the ugly mofo. Otherwise, restrain thyself because we don't need any extra base runners at this point.
I want Z to hit him in the dick.
<!--quoteo(post=87816:date=Apr 10 2010, 11:52 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 10 2010, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I want Z to hit him in the dick.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yep, first pitch of his first at bat.

I just read Jason Tebow's book and the Code demands it.