Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano
I'm not sure what's wrong with what Brenly said. He was asked a question and answered it. He didn't go out there and bring it up on his own.

However, the last thing this team needs is more distractions to do with things that really aren't the problem. Alf's gonna get booed even harder than before now . . . and . . . well . . . he's 100% untradable and will still be on the team and the payroll for remainder of his contract.
<!--quoteo(post=91375:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:46 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 20 2010, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm not sure what's wrong with what Brenly said. He was asked a question and answered it. He didn't go out there and bring it up on his own.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm not so sure about that. From how I read it, Brenly was asked about Lilly's stolen base and Bob threw in his jab at Soriano out of nowhere to get that conversation started.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
Ok, Alf is full of shit:

Quote:<i>Soriano was summoned into Piniella's office for a pre-game meeting.

"He called me because some media asked the question, 'Why didn't I run?'" Soriano said. "But I explained to him why. I could've made third, but I don't want to make the second out at third either."</i>

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...-interview.html

Lou did NOT call Alf into his office because SOME MEDIA ASK THE QUESTION.

And if you want to avoid making the out at third, you hold up at second...you do not delay leaving the batter's box.

Shithead.
<!--quoteo(post=91373:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:40 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Apr 20 2010, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91369:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:36 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 20 2010, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We're talking about 2 different things here. Is it OK to boo OR criticize Alf for not hitting, or a physical fielding boner.
I say no.

But if he's <i>going out of his way</i> to act like an asshole (or clown, as cigar correctly stated), with the HR Stare on <b>a fly ball hit 320 feet</b> , or that repulsive, cocksucking Hop, then I say LAY into him with all of your might. Repeatedly, until he stops.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm not defending anything he did, but you've got that wrong. The ball he hit was a bomb, the only reason it didn't go out was because of the ballpark.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, it was hit right off the wall at the 415-feet mark to right-center field. The Cubs should've played the game under protest for that not being a home run.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=91353:date=Apr 20 2010, 06:12 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 20 2010, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91349:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:07 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 20 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91346:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:02 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 20 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91322:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM:name=phan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phan @ Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have no problem whatsoever with what Brenly said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No doubt, in fact, I commend him for saying it. I continue to be amazed at how this board keeps defending the shitastic play of Soriano. We're actually criticizing Brenley for telling the truth about a player? Really?

I hated Brenley at first, but as time goe on, I find myself agreeing with him more and more. He still annoys me, but not because he's honest. That part I like.
Last I checked, no one has ever defended Soriano for anything. It's just Brenly is showing up Lou and the organization and feeding a couple of radio douchebags red meat on a platter. He hasn't said anything that hasn't been said before, and the only people he benefited are the local media douchebags, and possibly himself when he is gone from the TV booth soon. We will still be stuck with Soriano when Brenly is long gone.

OK, defend is the qrong word. Apparently it's wrong to criticize Soriano or boo Soriano or say anything negative about Soriano ever, despite the fact that he can't catch a flyball or hit anything that isn't straight and down the middle.

When I hear fans booing him, I think, "Wow, Soriano better get his shit together if he wants to booing to stop." You guys think, "Wow, Cub fans are stupid."

When I hear broadcasters criticizing Soriano, I think "Wow, Brenley's right. Soriano is selfish." You guys think, "Wow, Brenley's an asshole for telling the truth."

I don't get it. At what point does Soriano become cuplable?
I heart Brenly. And Tommy, last year i had several meltdowns about how bad Soriano is and about 12teen people jumped all over me to defend him. So defend is the right word.
Also, you DO risk making the second out at third base.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=91456:date=Apr 20 2010, 08:35 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Apr 20 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91353:date=Apr 20 2010, 06:12 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 20 2010, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91349:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:07 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 20 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91346:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:02 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 20 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91322:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM:name=phan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phan @ Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have no problem whatsoever with what Brenly said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No doubt, in fact, I commend him for saying it. I continue to be amazed at how this board keeps defending the shitastic play of Soriano. We're actually criticizing Brenley for telling the truth about a player? Really?

I hated Brenley at first, but as time goe on, I find myself agreeing with him more and more. He still annoys me, but not because he's honest. That part I like.
Last I checked, no one has ever defended Soriano for anything. It's just Brenly is showing up Lou and the organization and feeding a couple of radio douchebags red meat on a platter. He hasn't said anything that hasn't been said before, and the only people he benefited are the local media douchebags, and possibly himself when he is gone from the TV booth soon. We will still be stuck with Soriano when Brenly is long gone.

OK, defend is the qrong word. Apparently it's wrong to criticize Soriano or boo Soriano or say anything negative about Soriano ever, despite the fact that he can't catch a flyball or hit anything that isn't straight and down the middle.

When I hear fans booing him, I think, "Wow, Soriano better get his shit together if he wants to booing to stop." You guys think, "Wow, Cub fans are stupid."

When I hear broadcasters criticizing Soriano, I think "Wow, Brenley's right. Soriano is selfish." You guys think, "Wow, Brenley's an asshole for telling the truth."

I heart Brenly. And Tommy, last year i had several meltdowns about how bad Soriano is and about 12teen people jumped all over me to defend him. So defend is the right word.
That just isn't right. Implying that people around here go out of their way to defend Soriano of all people couldn't be farther than the truth. Some of us just accept that he isn't worth the money (and never was) and are resigned to the fact that we are stuck with him more easily than others. The man is 34 years old, so pretending that someone can change all of his bad habits at this point in his career is unrealistic, no matter how much he pisses you off. And believe me, his antics piss me off. No one is making excuses for him.
<!--quoteo(post=91464:date=Apr 20 2010, 08:42 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 20 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also, you DO risk making the second out at third base.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ace, I am glad someone said it. If Soriano says he didn't want to make the 2nd out at 3rd then he doesn't know shit about baseball. The 2nd out is the only one you risk making at 3rd.
<!--quoteo(post=91475:date=Apr 20 2010, 09:05 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 20 2010, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91464:date=Apr 20 2010, 08:42 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 20 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also, you DO risk making the second out at third base.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ace, I am glad someone said it. If Soriano says he didn't want to make the 2nd out at 3rd then he doesn't know shit about baseball. The 2nd out is the only one you risk making at 3rd.

I know that's the rule of thumb, but I'd rather not risk it at all. If it's a for sure scenario then I am all for it. But wiping out a RISP isn't exactly in the best interest of the team IMO.

All that said, if he would have took off right away, he may have easily made 3rd.
regardless that's a horrible excuse. make that call while you're rounding 2nd and forcing the team to defend it as opposed to a lazy double.
<!--quoteo(post=91472:date=Apr 20 2010, 08:51 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 20 2010, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91456:date=Apr 20 2010, 08:35 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Apr 20 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91353:date=Apr 20 2010, 06:12 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 20 2010, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91349:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:07 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 20 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91346:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:02 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 20 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91322:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM:name=phan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phan @ Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have no problem whatsoever with what Brenly said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That just isn't right. Implying that people around here go out of their way to defend Soriano of all people couldn't be farther than the truth. Some of us just accept that he isn't worth the money (and never was) and are resigned to the fact that we are stuck with him more easily than others. The man is 34 years old, so pretending that someone can change all of his bad habits at this point in his career is unrealistic, no matter how much he pisses you off. And believe me, his antics piss me off. No one is making excuses for him.
FUCKIN BOOYAH!
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
I love seeing my contributions to Bleacher Nation!
<!--quoteo(post=91498:date=Apr 21 2010, 07:54 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 21 2010, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I love seeing my contributions to Bleacher Nation!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Indeed, though in this case, it was my first thought as well. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=91503:date=Apr 21 2010, 07:02 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 21 2010, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91498:date=Apr 21 2010, 07:54 AM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 21 2010, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I love seeing my contributions to Bleacher Nation!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Indeed, though in this case, it was my first thought as well. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

You must have a similar BS detector to mine. That part of the article is what leaped off the page for me.

"Alf, come into my office.....So, what's this I read in the paper about you standing there watching a triple turn into a double? Anything to that?"

My. Ass.
I think it's funny that we have a 15 page thread on Soriano as though he's the sole issue with this team. There are no 15 page threads on Ramirez being horrible. There aren't threads on DLee or Fukudome. Theriot doesn't have a thread. The bullpen has a thread that's more about philosophy on creating a bullpen, than on how horrible they've been.

I got nothin'.

Andy