Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano
<!--quoteo(post=91317:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:27 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 20 2010, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Boers and Bernstein were <b>jacking each other off while sticking their own forefingers up their anuses and giggling like two Japanese school girls whose Hello Kitty backpacks were bulging with shrimp snacks and Astrolube and</b> ripping on a couple of fans who phoned in for not taking this matter seriously enough. They <b>double-teamed picking through Hawk Harrleson's gray bush for tasty morsels of fecal matter leftover from Hawk's ass-rogering of Ozzie Guillen and</b> berated one guy earlier and pretty much called him a know-nothing since he for the most part stated what you just did. What a couple of shitheads. All they care about is rubbing this bullshit in our faces <b>and drinking each other's pee-pee</b> and beating <b>and fucking</b> a dead horse.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Fizzed.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=91329:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:53 PM:name=phan)-->QUOTE (phan @ Apr 20 2010, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91327:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:51 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 20 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Brenly isn't wrong, but I don't think it needed to be said. At this point, it's just piling on.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

how is it piling on? Lou didn't bench him and it appears he's getting off scot-free for his actions.

The more I think about it the more I think the media should pile on him until he knocks this shit off.

and he did his goddamned hop last night [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/devil.gif[/img]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I just think our fans have created a poisonous environment at Wrigley -- almost to the point where we don't have much of a home field advantage. Our idiotic fans piss me off far more than Soriano.

Brenly's criticism isn't incorrect, but it's coming on the heels of a LOT of other criticism of Soriano -- that's what I meant by piling on. All Brenly is doing at this point is fanning the flames.
<!--quoteo(post=91333:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:54 PM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Apr 20 2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91317:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:27 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 20 2010, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Boers and Bernstein were <b>jacking each other off while sticking their own forefingers up their anuses and giggling like two Japanese school girls whose Hello Kitty backpacks were bulging with shrimp snacks and Astrolube and</b> ripping on a couple of fans who phoned in for not taking this matter seriously enough. They <b>double-teamed picking through Hawk Harrleson's gray bush for tasty morsels of fecal matter leftover from Hawk's ass-rogering of Ozzie Guillen and</b> berated one guy earlier and pretty much called him a know-nothing since he for the most part stated what you just did. What a couple of shitheads. All they care about is rubbing this bullshit in our faces <b>and drinking each other's pee-pee</b> and beating <b>and fucking</b> a dead horse.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Fizzed.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=91333:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:54 PM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Apr 20 2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91317:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:27 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 20 2010, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Boers and Bernstein were <b>jacking each other off while sticking their own forefingers up their anuses and giggling like two Japanese school girls whose Hello Kitty backpacks were bulging with shrimp snacks and Astrolube and</b> ripping on a couple of fans who phoned in for not taking this matter seriously enough. They <b>double-teamed picking through Hawk Harrleson's gray bush for tasty morsels of fecal matter leftover from Hawk's ass-rogering of Ozzie Guillen and</b> berated one guy earlier and pretty much called him a know-nothing since he for the most part stated what you just did. What a couple of shitheads. All they care about is rubbing this bullshit in our faces <b>and drinking each other's pee-pee</b> and beating <b>and fucking</b> a dead horse.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Fizzed.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollin.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=91338:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:56 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 20 2010, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just think our fans have created a poisonous environment at Wrigley -- almost to the point where we don't have much of a home field advantage. Our idiotic fans piss me off far more than Soriano.

Brenly's criticism isn't incorrect, but it's coming on the heels of a LOT of other criticism of Soriano -- that's what I meant by piling on. All Brenly is doing at this point is fanning the flames.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's where I'm at.
--Veryzer

I don't think much of Boers and Bernstein is what I'm saying.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=91342:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:00 PM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Apr 20 2010, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think much of Boers and Bernstein is what I'm saying.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

You're killing me, dude.
lmao at slaw.

holy shit...i just realized we have a new slaw here.
<!--quoteo(post=91322:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM:name=phan)-->QUOTE (phan @ Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have no problem whatsoever with what Brenly said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No doubt, in fact, I commend him for saying it. I continue to be amazed at how this board keeps defending the shitastic play of Soriano. We're actually criticizing Brenley for telling the truth about a player? Really?

I hated Brenley at first, but as time goe on, I find myself agreeing with him more and more. He still annoys me, but not because he's honest. That part I like.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=91346:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:02 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 20 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91322:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM:name=phan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phan @ Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have no problem whatsoever with what Brenly said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No doubt, in fact, I commend him for saying it. I continue to be amazed at how this board keeps defending the shitastic play of Soriano. We're actually criticizing Brenley for telling the truth about a player? Really?

I hated Brenley at first, but as time goe on, I find myself agreeing with him more and more. He still annoys me, but not because he's honest. That part I like.
Last I checked, no one has ever defended Soriano for anything. It's just Brenly is showing up Lou and the organization and feeding a couple of radio douchebags red meat on a platter. He hasn't said anything that hasn't been said before, and the only people he benefited are the local media douchebags, and possibly himself when he is gone from the TV booth soon. We will still be stuck with Soriano when Brenly is long gone.
<!--quoteo(post=91346:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:02 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 20 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91322:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM:name=phan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phan @ Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have no problem whatsoever with what Brenly said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Right. What Brenly said is technically correct.

However, like I said, he's about the billionth person to say it since the season started. What purpose does it serve at this point? Alf has become our new Bradley and all of this criticism (yes, some of it warranted) is only going to make the problem worse.
<!--quoteo(post=91349:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:07 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 20 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91346:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:02 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 20 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91322:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM:name=phan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phan @ Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have no problem whatsoever with what Brenly said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Last I checked, no one has ever defended Soriano for anything. It's just Brenly is showing up Lou and the organization and feeding a couple of radio douchebags red meat on a platter. He hasn't said anything that hasn't been said before, and the only people he benefited are the local media douchebags, and possibly himself when he is gone from the TV booth soon. We will still be stuck with Soriano when Brenly is long gone.
I'm with you 100%.
For one Brenly is much more respected than most of the billion other people who have said it so i think that's why it's not just piling on.
<!--quoteo(post=91349:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:07 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 20 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91346:date=Apr 20 2010, 05:02 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 20 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91322:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM:name=phan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phan @ Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have no problem whatsoever with what Brenly said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

OK, defend is the qrong word. Apparently it's wrong to criticize Soriano or boo Soriano or say anything negative about Soriano ever, despite the fact that he can't catch a flyball or hit anything that isn't straight and down the middle.

When I hear fans booing him, I think, "Wow, Soriano better get his shit together if he wants to booing to stop." You guys think, "Wow, Cub fans are stupid."

When I hear broadcasters criticizing Soriano, I think "Wow, Brenley's right. Soriano is selfish." You guys think, "Wow, Brenley's an asshole for telling the truth."

I don't get it. At what point does Soriano become cuplable?
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=91324:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:49 PM:name=phan)-->QUOTE (phan @ Apr 20 2010, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->that's not brenly's fault. that's the media and would you expect any less?

and the more i think about it, this is the kind of shit we've talked about in the boo vs not boo argument. This isn't missing a 98MPH fastball or missing a catch, this is shit that he ABSOLUTELY can control but doesn't because his ego is too big. I think he should get called out for it. When the ball club has a million other problems the last thing they need is one that is completely avoidable and unnecessary.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think you and Brenly are exactly fucking right. I don't care what Soriano is hitting right now I am tired of his bullshit. You don't fucking hotdog when you blew ass last year and look totally lost in the outfield this year. He obvisouly doesn't give a shit about what the fans think so I am not sure why we are worried about this. If he did care he would be out there busting his ass instead of admiring balls hitting off the wall and still doing his stupid fucking hop that is unnecessary...I don't care what anyone says. Like Phan said most of the shit he does that we hate is unnecessary. We as fans have became way to scared about what managers, the media, and other fans are saying because of what happened in 2004 and I can't stand it. It is really hard for me to cheer for a guy like Soriano when he is playing like he is and still acting like a clown. Fuck that.