Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano
Yeah, that's just what everybody needed. Dammit Brenly. We've known he hates Alf, but wish he would've kept all that to himself.
@TheBlogfines
Brenly's right.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Sounds like Brenly is itching to get back on the field, but this kind of talk won't help his case. He's grown on me in recent years because of his honesty, but this will only result in problems like we saw in 2004 with Stoney. Oh well, this team is going nowhere fast anyway.
And I'm sure the guys at the Score are just gobbling this shit up.
<!--quoteo(post=91312:date=Apr 20 2010, 03:20 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Apr 20 2010, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And I'm sure the guys at the Score are just gobbling this shit up.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Exactly. All this is going to do is give more ammo for the fans and media to go on and on about him. Yesterday this was by far the main story after our loss. Those of us that paid close attention to the game know him posing was about 100th on the list of things wrong with the team last night. How about people write about how fucking pathetic the bullpen and defense are, and how the offense has been? How about they talk about Aramis Ramirez being about the worst hitter in the league right now? I'm so sick of every year them picking one fucking player to destroy. Last year it was Milton, this year it's Alf. It's a team game.
@TheBlogfines
Brenly needs to shut the fuck up.

I haven't liked Brenly all that much ever since he openly and brashly criticized (insert name of player who broke up Schilling's no-hitter with a bunt single). The score was 2-0. Schilling hadn't pitched out of the stretch the entire game and he was just trying to get on base. And it worked. Stop being a pussy.

Yes -- I want to see Soriano to stop playing like an idiot. But I don't want Brenly fanning the flames, either. The morons in the bleachers don't need any additional fodder.
<!--quoteo(post=91313:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:24 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 20 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91312:date=Apr 20 2010, 03:20 PM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Apr 20 2010, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And I'm sure the guys at the Score are just gobbling this shit up.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Exactly. All this is going to do is give more ammo for the fans and media to go on and on about him. Yesterday this was by far the main story after our loss. Those of us that paid close attention to the game know him posing was about 100th on the list of things wrong with the team last night. How about people write about how fucking pathetic the bullpen and defense are, and how the offense has been? How about they talk about Aramis Ramirez being about the worst hitter in the league right now? I'm so sick of every year them picking one fucking player to destroy. Last year it was Milton, this year it's Alf. It's a team game.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Boers and Bernstein were ripping on a couple of fans who phoned in for not taking this matter seriously enough. They berated one guy earlier and pretty much called him a know-nothing since he for the most part stated what you just did. What a couple of shitheads. All they care about is rubbing this bullshit in our faces and beating a dead horse.
<!--quoteo(post=91317:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:27 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 20 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91313:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:24 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 20 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91312:date=Apr 20 2010, 03:20 PM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Apr 20 2010, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And I'm sure the guys at the Score are just gobbling this shit up.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Boers and Bernstein were ripping on a couple of fans who phoned in for not taking this matter seriously enough. They berated one guy earlier and pretty much called him a know-nothing since he for the most part stated what you just did. What a couple of shitheads. All they care about is rubbing this bullshit in our faces and beating a dead horse.
I'm pretty happy with my decision to stop listening to sports radio entirely about four years ago.
Meanwhile, Soriano has more hits than Lee and Ramirez. Like Clapp said, his antics aren't our main problem right now.

People just need to let him do what he does. He isn't going to change. Those booing him now were also cheering at the top of their lungs when he smacked the snot out of the ball in 2008.
I have no problem whatsoever with what Brenly said.
<!--quoteo(post=91322:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM:name=phan)-->QUOTE (phan @ Apr 20 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have no problem whatsoever with what Brenly said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nor do I, but like others have said, it's the least of our problems yet it gets the most airplay.
that's not brenly's fault. that's the media and would you expect any less?

and the more i think about it, this is the kind of shit we've talked about in the boo vs not boo argument. This isn't missing a 98MPH fastball or missing a catch, this is shit that he ABSOLUTELY can control but doesn't because his ego is too big. I think he should get called out for it. When the ball club has a million other problems the last thing they need is one that is completely avoidable and unnecessary.
Brenly isn't wrong, but I don't think it needed to be said. At this point, it's just piling on.
I'm surprised Brenly did this.
<!--quoteo(post=91327:date=Apr 20 2010, 04:51 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 20 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Brenly isn't wrong, but I don't think it needed to be said. At this point, it's just piling on.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

how is it piling on? Lou didn't bench him and it appears he's getting off scot-free for his actions.

The more I think about it the more I think the media should pile on him until he knocks this shit off.

and he did his goddamned hop last night [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/devil.gif[/img]