Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano
<!--quoteo(post=89793:date=Apr 16 2010, 09:03 AM:name=phan)-->QUOTE (phan @ Apr 16 2010, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88777:date=Apr 14 2010, 08:03 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Soriano got booed at the Home Opener when they were introducing each member of the team individually. That is fucking retarded and Cubs fans have become a retarded bunch. Just sit at the park and listen to some of the conversations going on around you, there's stupidity flowing from all over the place. It is embarassing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I had people behind me making fun of DLee calling him DL Lee and saying how he can't stay on the field...I didn't even bother contradicting them.

This same person when on to tell me that chad olsen has only played two seasons for the Bears and don't argue Bears with him because he knows the Bears...
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Maybe you were sitting in front of Bill.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->keithlaw

Jim Hendry says he hasn't considered releasing Alfonso Soriano. Maybe he figures his successor will have that honor.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=90253:date=Apr 16 2010, 09:20 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Apr 16 2010, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->keithlaw

Jim Hendry says he hasn't considered releasing Alfonso Soriano. Maybe he figures his successor will have that honor.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
2 things to keep in mind here:

1. Law hates Hendry.
2. He's protecting his fellow ESPN colleague.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=90256:date=Apr 16 2010, 10:24 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 16 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=90253:date=Apr 16 2010, 09:20 PM:name=Giff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giff @ Apr 16 2010, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->keithlaw

2 things to keep in mind here:

1. Law hates Hendry.
2. He's protecting his fellow ESPN colleague.

Neyer needs protection? Has anyone read what he said? He said he thinks the Cubs might dump Alf before the end of his contract. Is that really controversial?

The tweet implies Law asked Hendry if he's considered releasing him.

First, I don't believe he asked him that question. Second, release him NOW? That's not even what Neyer was suggesting. Third, if Law did ask that stupid question a) of course Hendry hasn't already considered releasing him and of [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img] if he dignified it with anything other than an angry or sarcastic response...no...he hasn't fucking considered releasing Soriano.

Regardless of what exchanges did or didn't occur...Law's statement is just plain stupid.
Out of interest how much of Soriano's contract would be payable if he was released next off-season?
<!--quoteo(post=90291:date=Apr 17 2010, 07:58 AM:name=CountRushmore)-->QUOTE (CountRushmore @ Apr 17 2010, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Out of interest how much of Soriano's contract would be payable if he was released next off-season?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Assuming some team signed him and he played elsewhere for the next 4 years, the Cubs would have to eat approximately $70 of the remaining $72 million.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Personally, I expect the Cubs to shed as much of Alf's contract as they can after next season, at the latest. I expect it to happen in a deal where we eat a bunch but not all of the contract. Why Neyer predicts the Cubs will consider an outright release puzzles me and if I could ask him to rationalize that part of the prediction, I would.

And if I haven't mentioned it <i>lately</i>, I used to play softball with Rob.
Big Gabby?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->CHICAGO -- After making another error in left field -- his third in nine games -- Alfonso Soriano on Saturday said he is concentrating on not hopping anymore as he makes a catch.

"I just need to relax and concentrate," Soriano said. "Attack the ball and not hop because sometimes when I hop I just move my head."

Asked again if the hopping was going to stop, Soriano said: "Not hop, not hop, just more concentration on catching the ball and not doing the hop."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=89793:date=Apr 16 2010, 09:03 AM:name=phan)-->QUOTE (phan @ Apr 16 2010, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88777:date=Apr 14 2010, 08:03 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Soriano got booed at the Home Opener when they were introducing each member of the team individually. That is fucking retarded and Cubs fans have become a retarded bunch. Just sit at the park and listen to some of the conversations going on around you, there's stupidity flowing from all over the place. It is embarassing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I had people behind me making fun of DLee calling him DL Lee and saying how he can't stay on the field...I didn't even bother contradicting them.

This same person when on to tell me that chad olsen has only played two seasons for the Bears and don't argue Bears with him because he knows the Bears...

This captures the mindset...they boo because it's fun. They lie because it makes them feel better about themselves. They decide who has "the right to be booed", and who doesn't...

Our society is so enamored with the idea of blame. We love to find the epicenter...build a scapegoat. It's ridiculous. A lot of chest thumping about being right, and no interest in facts...

Tired.
He's getting good swings lately and the average is up to .286(yes, I know all it takes is a hit or two this early in the year to drastically change a batting average, but just saying). I feel a hot streak coming.
@TheBlogfines
I think Soriano's bat will be fine, it's his defense I'm worried about. The booing shit is getting out of hand though.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
"Not hop, not hop..."
As long as the number of runs he produces is greater than the number of runs scored as a result of his defense, then everything should be OK.
<!--quoteo(post=90460:date=Apr 17 2010, 06:02 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Apr 17 2010, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89793:date=Apr 16 2010, 09:03 AM:name=phan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phan @ Apr 16 2010, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88777:date=Apr 14 2010, 08:03 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Soriano got booed at the Home Opener when they were introducing each member of the team individually. That is fucking retarded and Cubs fans have become a retarded bunch. Just sit at the park and listen to some of the conversations going on around you, there's stupidity flowing from all over the place. It is embarassing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This captures the mindset...they boo because it's fun. They lie because it makes them feel better about themselves. They decide who has "the right to be booed", and who doesn't...

Our society is so enamored with the idea of blame. We love to find the epicenter...build a scapegoat. It's ridiculous. A lot of chest thumping about being right, and no interest in facts...

Tired.

Yeah, I hate it when people blame others for problems, but never take a look at themselves. You're right about that.
Wang.