Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano
Very similar argument goes in soccer in the UK. I can't stand booing as it's pointless and can only ever hinder players or the team. It's a way of saying you're not happy, but it's never going to make it better. There is one exception to me though and that's when the game finishes as the players have a day (or days) to understand the fans' feelings and do sometimes have to be told they're not putting in enough effort (and that's the only time, effort). But during a game it isn't helping and most likely serves to decrease peformance and lead to more booing.
<!--quoteo(post=89234:date=Apr 14 2010, 05:58 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 14 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What's kind of odd is that a lot of $100 million dollar + signings end up almost this badly. Zito and Kevin Brown come to mind. Mike Hampton was a <i>disaster</i>. Giambi certainly never lived up to his deal, and even Beltran, though he's played well, hasn't been lights out or anything.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. How much did Carlos Lee get?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I could be wrong, but didn't he get 6/100?
<!--quoteo(post=89237:date=Apr 14 2010, 04:05 PM:name=CountRushmore)-->QUOTE (CountRushmore @ Apr 14 2010, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Very similar argument goes in soccer in the UK. I can't stand booing as it's pointless and can only ever hinder players or the team. It's a way of saying you're not happy, but it's never going to make it better. There is one exception to me though and that's when the game finishes as the players have a day (or days) to understand the fans' feelings and do sometimes have to be told they're not putting in enough effort (and that's the only time, effort). But during a game it isn't helping and most likely serves to decrease peformance and lead to more booing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Chelsea? Arsenal? Spurs? Fulham? Palace? QPR? Charlton?

Whom do you support?
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=89244:date=Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Chelsea? Arsenal? Spurs? Fulham? Palace? QPR? Charlton?

Whom do you support?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm a season ticket holder at Chelsea. Leading the league with a few games remaining so I'm bricking myself. Chelsea used to be like the Cubs in many respects: hadn't won the league in 50 years until 2005.
<!--quoteo(post=89247:date=Apr 14 2010, 06:18 PM:name=CountRushmore)-->QUOTE (CountRushmore @ Apr 14 2010, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89244:date=Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Chelsea? Arsenal? Spurs? Fulham? Palace? QPR? Charlton?

I'm a season ticket holder at Chelsea. Leading the league with a few games remaining so I'm bricking myself. Chelsea used to be like the Cubs in many respects: hadn't won the league in 50 years until 2005.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Nooooooo, not another Blues fan...
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=89247:date=Apr 14 2010, 04:18 PM:name=CountRushmore)-->QUOTE (CountRushmore @ Apr 14 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89244:date=Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Chelsea? Arsenal? Spurs? Fulham? Palace? QPR? Charlton?

I fucking love you. Blue is the Colour. I want to go to the Bridge <i>badly</i>.

Since I've gotten into the PL, I've tried to compare MLB teams to PL teams, because I have no life. I always figured Arsenal were the Cardinals, Chelsea the Cubs, Man Utd is the Red Sox, Liverpool the Yankees and Everton the Mets. Even though the Cubs and Newcastle share more in common now a days.
<!--quoteo(post=89251:date=Apr 14 2010, 04:22 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Apr 14 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89247:date=Apr 14 2010, 06:18 PM:name=CountRushmore)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CountRushmore @ Apr 14 2010, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89244:date=Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Chelsea? Arsenal? Spurs? Fulham? Palace? QPR? Charlton?

Nooooooo, not another Blues fan...
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=89253:date=Apr 14 2010, 06:23 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 14 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89247:date=Apr 14 2010, 04:18 PM:name=CountRushmore)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CountRushmore @ Apr 14 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89244:date=Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Chelsea? Arsenal? Spurs? Fulham? Palace? QPR? Charlton?

I fucking love you. Blue is the Colour. I want to go to the Bridge <i>badly</i>.

Since I've gotten into the PL, I've tried to compare MLB teams to PL teams, because I have no life. I always figured Arsenal were the Cardinals, Chelsea the Cubs, Man Utd is the Red Sox, Liverpool the Yankees and Everton the Mets. Even though the Cubs and Newcastle share more in common now a days.
Nerd.
<!--quoteo(post=89258:date=Apr 14 2010, 04:29 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Apr 14 2010, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89253:date=Apr 14 2010, 06:23 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 14 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89247:date=Apr 14 2010, 04:18 PM:name=CountRushmore)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CountRushmore @ Apr 14 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89244:date=Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Chelsea? Arsenal? Spurs? Fulham? Palace? QPR? Charlton?

Nerd.
Shut up and boo me already.
<!--quoteo(post=89253:date=Apr 15 2010, 12:23 AM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 15 2010, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89247:date=Apr 14 2010, 04:18 PM:name=CountRushmore)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CountRushmore @ Apr 14 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89244:date=Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Chelsea? Arsenal? Spurs? Fulham? Palace? QPR? Charlton?

Hahaha, I've done that too! I'd say United are the Yankees: biggest support, reviled universally up and down the country and City really are the Mets!

By the way, I take part in quite a popular Chelsea podcast if you're interested.
<!--quoteo(post=89261:date=Apr 14 2010, 06:34 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 14 2010, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89258:date=Apr 14 2010, 04:29 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Apr 14 2010, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89253:date=Apr 14 2010, 06:23 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 14 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89247:date=Apr 14 2010, 04:18 PM:name=CountRushmore)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CountRushmore @ Apr 14 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89244:date=Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Chelsea? Arsenal? Spurs? Fulham? Palace? QPR? Charlton?

Nerd.
I might get people mad. But i'm doing so in my head.
<!--quoteo(post=89263:date=Apr 14 2010, 04:41 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Apr 14 2010, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89261:date=Apr 14 2010, 06:34 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 14 2010, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89258:date=Apr 14 2010, 04:29 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Apr 14 2010, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89253:date=Apr 14 2010, 06:23 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 14 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89247:date=Apr 14 2010, 04:18 PM:name=CountRushmore)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CountRushmore @ Apr 14 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89244:date=Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 15 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Chelsea? Arsenal? Spurs? Fulham? Palace? QPR? Charlton?

Nerd.
I might get people mad. But i'm doing so in my head.
Just don't make a Messi.
Messi's the man and you know it.
Someone needs to delete the last 10 or so posts. The last thing we need is fucking soccer bullshit discussion in this thread, this something both tom and I can get behind, that I'm sure of.
<!--quoteo(post=89234:date=Apr 14 2010, 05:58 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 14 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What's kind of odd is that a lot of $100 million dollar + signings end up almost this badly. Zito and Kevin Brown come to mind. Mike Hampton was a <i>disaster</i>. Giambi certainly never lived up to his deal, and even Beltran, though he's played well, hasn't been lights out or anything.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. How much did Carlos Lee get?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Michele Kwan says that Beltran has been pretty damn good for the Mets. She says she wishes Hendry had made that "mistake" instead of the Soriano mistake.