Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano
I doubt many of those "fans" watched the game in Cincy.
What possible purpose can booing our own players serve? I just don't get it.
<!--quoteo(post=88968:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:54 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88965:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:49 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88958:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:45 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2010, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He deserved it yesterday too.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, I didn't like the way he ran out on the field, tipped his hat, and high-fived his teammates either. Good point.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ruby, you're smarter than that, but I'll explain it anyway. They were booing him from the game before. See? They weren't at that game because it was in Cincinnati. They were booing him because he's made a shitload of plays like that. They're tired of him not making routine plays. They're tired of him striking out on pitches in the dirt. They're tired of the fact he's one of the highest paid players in baseball and he makes the same mistakes over and over and over. BUT THEY COULDN'T BOO HIM SUNDAY BECAUSE THEY WERE ON THE ROAD, SO THEY BOOED HIM MONDAY INSTEAD. Surely you understand that.

And he deserved it.
I know what your point is, I just think it's stupid.
<!--quoteo(post=89004:date=Apr 14 2010, 03:18 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88968:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:54 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88965:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:49 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88958:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:45 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2010, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He deserved it yesterday too.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, I didn't like the way he ran out on the field, tipped his hat, and high-fived his teammates either. Good point.

Ruby, you're smarter than that, but I'll explain it anyway. They were booing him from the game before. See? They weren't at that game because it was in Cincinnati. They were booing him because he's made a shitload of plays like that. They're tired of him not making routine plays. They're tired of him striking out on pitches in the dirt. They're tired of the fact he's one of the highest paid players in baseball and he makes the same mistakes over and over and over. BUT THEY COULDN'T BOO HIM SUNDAY BECAUSE THEY WERE ON THE ROAD, SO THEY BOOED HIM MONDAY INSTEAD. Surely you understand that.

And he deserved it.

I think booing Soriano is stupid and wrong.

I'm also thinking Soriano is stupid and wrong.

He's dead to me. He's never going to be worth more than he is now. Dump him for whatever he'll bring.
<!--quoteo(post=89009:date=Apr 14 2010, 03:20 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 14 2010, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89004:date=Apr 14 2010, 03:18 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88968:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:54 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88965:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:49 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88958:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:45 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2010, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He deserved it yesterday too.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And he deserved it.

He's dead to me. He's never going to be worth more than he is now. Dump him for whatever he'll bring.
He's untradable.
<!--quoteo(post=89018:date=Apr 14 2010, 03:26 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89009:date=Apr 14 2010, 03:20 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 14 2010, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89004:date=Apr 14 2010, 03:18 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88968:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:54 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88965:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:49 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88958:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:45 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2010, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He deserved it yesterday too.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And he deserved it.

He's untradable.

LALALALALA I can't hear you!
<!--quoteo(post=89029:date=Apr 14 2010, 01:31 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 14 2010, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89018:date=Apr 14 2010, 03:26 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89009:date=Apr 14 2010, 03:20 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 14 2010, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89004:date=Apr 14 2010, 03:18 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88968:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:54 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88965:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:49 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88958:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:45 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2010, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He deserved it yesterday too.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And he deserved it.

He's untradable.

LALALALALA I can't hear you!
Boo
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=89004:date=Apr 14 2010, 03:18 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88968:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:54 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88965:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:49 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88958:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:45 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2010, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He deserved it yesterday too.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And he deserved it.

I think you thinking it's stupid is stupid.
Wang.
I was at the game. I am almost always in the "let the fans do what they want" camp. That being said, I almost got up and left today.

Soriano misplayed a ball in the corner that did not affect us. He "misplayed" one off the wall that many many many players would have missed. And it did not affect us. And when Lou came out for the double switch the fans cheered when he took Soriano out, and booed him mercilessly as he got to the dugout.

it serves NO purpose, and it's classless. If we are going to ride him for every mistake in the outfield, ride him as badly as the "fans" did today, then I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't lift a finger to help the team for the rest of the year.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=89202:date=Apr 14 2010, 04:52 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Apr 14 2010, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I was at the game. I am almost always in the "let the fans do what they want" camp. That being said, I almost got up and left today.

Soriano misplayed a ball in the corner that did not affect us. He "misplayed" one off the wall that many many many players would have missed. And it did not affect us. And when Lou came out for the double switch the fans cheered when he took Soriano out, and booed him mercilessly as he got to the dugout.

it serves NO purpose, and it's classless. If we are going to ride him for every mistake in the outfield, ride him as badly as the "fans" did today, then I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't lift a finger to help the team for the rest of the year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really? You wouldn't blame him if he didn't lift a finger for the team for the rest of the year? You don't think he's at any fault for the booing? You think he should just take the rest of the year off because the fans are tired of him not being able to do the simplest of things like pick a ball off the ground, catch fly balls, and swing at good pitches? Holy shit.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=89217:date=Apr 14 2010, 05:10 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2010, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89202:date=Apr 14 2010, 04:52 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Apr 14 2010, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I was at the game. I am almost always in the "let the fans do what they want" camp. That being said, I almost got up and left today.

it serves NO purpose, and it's classless. If we are going to ride him for every mistake in the outfield, ride him as badly as the "fans" did today, then I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't lift a finger to help the team for the rest of the year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really? You wouldn't blame him if he didn't lift a finger for the team for the rest of the year? You don't think he's at any fault for the booing? You think he should just take the rest of the year off because the fans are tired of him not being able to do the simplest of things like pick a ball off the ground, catch fly balls, and swing at good pitches? Holy shit.
Unless you think he isn't trying, there isn't any reason to boo him. It makes no sense.
I agree with BT about the uselessness of booing. But Alf has 18 million reasons why he sure as fuck<i> better</i> try hard for the rest of the year.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
He's already said he's been worried about getting hurt again and is trying to avoid that. So if he's not going "100%", there's a big reason why. Like I said, he's a headcase. I don't get how booing our own guy that's mentally fragile is going to do anything positive for him whatsoever.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=88975:date=Apr 14 2010, 02:57 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Apr 14 2010, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I doubt many of those "fans" watched the game in Cincy.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Wow that's a huge assumption.
What's kind of odd is that a lot of $100 million dollar + signings end up almost this badly. Zito and Kevin Brown come to mind. Mike Hampton was a <i>disaster</i>. Giambi certainly never lived up to his deal, and even Beltran, though he's played well, hasn't been lights out or anything.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. How much did Carlos Lee get?
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance