Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano
<!--quoteo(post=88762:date=Apr 14 2010, 03:09 AM:name=Dingo)-->QUOTE (Dingo @ Apr 14 2010, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I do believe in booing someone like Milton because he is a cock.

I don't believe in booing someone like Soriano or any other player on this current Cubs team. Boo the player and you are booing the whole club. Its fucked. It is making our whole fan base look like fucking dickheads to fan bases of other teams and it gives opposing teams a kind of an undeserved ego boost and maybe a confidence boost when they play at Wrigley.

And if we keep it up, we will definitely have a hard time of finding free agents to play for the club.

And booing a rookie like Caridad is just retarded.

I task you lads that attend Wrigley on a regular basis to kick seven shades of shit outta anyone who does it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have to agree, to the extent that Caridad (and the other 3 rookies in the pen) should be spared the boo-fest treatment at least until the All-Star break. At that point, I think it's fair game (if they mess up, not before). Generally, I'm not a fan of booing the home team unless they royally screw up, do something inexcusably lazy, or whiff with runners on consistently. Soriano deserves the chance to play well, and it's far too early for booing anyone. I thought the applause he got on catching a routine fly ball was hyterical, though. He probably got a chuckle out of it, too.

Booing is a paying fan's right and it's other fans right to shout "Shut up, asshole" if they want to. It's part of the game experience... and I'm not a fan of political correctness.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein
<!--quoteo(post=88762:date=Apr 14 2010, 03:09 AM:name=Dingo)-->QUOTE (Dingo @ Apr 14 2010, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And if we keep it up, we will definitely have a hard time of finding free agents to play for the club.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Everything you hear from current and former Cubs (with a couple of notable exceptions) contradicts this. All you ever hear is "everyone has got to play at least one season at Wrigley."
If Soriano drops a routine fly ball, I get it. It happens. If Soriano drops routine fly balls repeatedly, he deserves to get booed. If Soriano swings at a strike three in the dirt, that's fine, it happens. When Soriano strikes out on a pitch in the dirt every fucking game, then he deserves to be booed.

Soriano is a good guy, he cares, he hustles, but he also continues to make the same mistakes over and over and over and over. It's year four of the same old crap and if people want to boo him, that's on him, not them.

I guarantee that everyone watching the game at home swore, screamed, ranted, threw shit, went ballistic when he dropped that fly ball. Why is it wrong to have those same emotions in public?
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=88770:date=Apr 14 2010, 07:07 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2010, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If Soriano drops a routine fly ball, I get it. It happens. If Soriano drops routine fly balls repeatedly, he deserves to get booed. If Soriano swings at a strike three in the dirt, that's fine, it happens. When Soriano strikes out on a pitch in the dirt every fucking game, then he deserves to be booed.

Soriano is a good guy, he cares, he hustles, but he also continues to make the same mistakes over and over and over and over. It's year four of the same old crap and if people want to boo him, that's on him, not them.

I guarantee that everyone watching the game at home swore, screamed, ranted, threw shit, went ballistic when he dropped that fly ball. Why is it wrong to have those same emotions in public?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I never said it is wrong to ever boo someone, but when it becomes your schtick and every player is a target regardless of the situation, it becomes a cliche, and that is exactly what has happened at the ballpark. Most of these morons don't even know what they are booing, and just follow the crowd.
Soriano got booed at the Home Opener when they were introducing each member of the team individually. That is fucking retarded and Cubs fans have become a retarded bunch. Just sit at the park and listen to some of the conversations going on around you, there's stupidity flowing from all over the place. It is embarassing.
ruby is correct on this one. i always get stuck next to the know it all types that are explaining everything that happens and how he would have managed the game. he usually sounds like he wrote the transcript down from baseball tonight the night before and spews it word for word. i hate those fucks.
<!--quoteo(post=88777:date=Apr 14 2010, 08:03 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Soriano got booed at the Home Opener when they were introducing each member of the team individually. That is fucking retarded and Cubs fans have become a retarded bunch. Just sit at the park and listen to some of the conversations going on around you, there's stupidity flowing from all over the place. It is embarassing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I can say the same thing about the people on my train on my commute home. There are dumb conversations taking place all over all the time, not just Cubs games. I don't know why ruby has such a bug up his ass about this, but in general, people have banal converstations, period.

But I agree, booing players during intros or their first at bat or for merely running out on the field is moronic.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
<!--quoteo(post=88768:date=Apr 14 2010, 07:04 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 14 2010, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88762:date=Apr 14 2010, 03:09 AM:name=Dingo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dingo @ Apr 14 2010, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And if we keep it up, we will definitely have a hard time of finding free agents to play for the club.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Everything you hear from current and former Cubs (with a couple of notable exceptions) contradicts this. All you ever hear is "everyone has got to play at least one season at Wrigley."
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm sorry but there is no way a player is not going to sign with the Cubs because of this. If that were the case the Yankees and the Phillies would never sign another free agent again.
<!--quoteo(post=88770:date=Apr 14 2010, 07:07 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2010, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I guarantee that everyone watching the game at home swore, screamed, ranted, threw shit, went ballistic when he dropped that fly ball. Why is it wrong to have those same emotions in public?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, but did they boo?
<!--quoteo(post=88789:date=Apr 14 2010, 09:04 AM:name=Bricklayer)-->QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Apr 14 2010, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88777:date=Apr 14 2010, 08:03 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Soriano got booed at the Home Opener when they were introducing each member of the team individually. That is fucking retarded and Cubs fans have become a retarded bunch. Just sit at the park and listen to some of the conversations going on around you, there's stupidity flowing from all over the place. It is embarassing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I can say the same thing about the people on my train on my commute home. There are dumb conversations taking place all over all the time, not just Cubs games. I don't know why ruby has such a bug up his ass about this, but in general, people have banal converstations, period.

But I agree, booing players during intros or their first at bat or for merely running out on the field is moronic.
I'm not talking about everyday stupid conversations, I'm sure just about everything I say is stupid to someone who doesn't know me or isn't involved in my conversation. Half the stuff that comes out of my mouth is pointless or an inside joke.

I'm talking about the people at the game that talk about the game and either totally make stuff up, boo for no reason, or just have no idea what they are talking about. Like the season tickets holders that were right behind me at the home opener, that booed Soriano, then couldn't understand why Byrd didn't try to steal 3rd with 2 out, talked about how Fielder used to be a 40-40 guy, then went on to say Colvin was the best Cubs prospect in the last 20 years. Those are the people I'm talking about . . . not the people having pointless conversations about what they did last night or the hot girl a row over.
Soriano is batting 6th today. Also, Gray to replace Caridad on the roster.
<!--quoteo(post=88802:date=Apr 14 2010, 10:06 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88789:date=Apr 14 2010, 09:04 AM:name=Bricklayer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Apr 14 2010, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88777:date=Apr 14 2010, 08:03 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Soriano got booed at the Home Opener when they were introducing each member of the team individually. That is fucking retarded and Cubs fans have become a retarded bunch. Just sit at the park and listen to some of the conversations going on around you, there's stupidity flowing from all over the place. It is embarassing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm not talking about everyday stupid conversations, I'm sure just about everything I say is stupid to someone who doesn't know me or isn't involved in my conversation. Half the stuff that comes out of my mouth is pointless or an inside joke.

I'm talking about the people at the game that talk about the game and either totally make stuff up, boo for no reason, or just have no idea what they are talking about. Like the season tickets holders that were right behind me at the home opener, that booed Soriano, then couldn't understand why Byrd didn't try to steal 3rd with 2 out, talked about how Fielder used to be a 40-40 guy, then went on to say Colvin was the best Cubs prospect in the last 20 years. Those are the people I'm talking about . . . not the people having pointless conversations about what they did last night or the hot girl a row over.

Except that you're making up these conversations to fill out your point...

Own your own mean streak, Rubage...
<!--quoteo(post=88803:date=Apr 14 2010, 10:13 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 14 2010, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Soriano is batting 6th today. Also, Gray to replace Caridad on the roster.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm a little surprised he didn't get another chance to settle down. We'll see how much longer Shark is around for now. He's next.
<!--quoteo(post=88805:date=Apr 14 2010, 10:19 AM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Apr 14 2010, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88802:date=Apr 14 2010, 10:06 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88789:date=Apr 14 2010, 09:04 AM:name=Bricklayer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Apr 14 2010, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88777:date=Apr 14 2010, 08:03 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 14 2010, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Soriano got booed at the Home Opener when they were introducing each member of the team individually. That is fucking retarded and Cubs fans have become a retarded bunch. Just sit at the park and listen to some of the conversations going on around you, there's stupidity flowing from all over the place. It is embarassing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Except that you're making up these conversations to fill out your point...

Own your own mean streak, Rubage...
Why in the world would I make that up? I'm not you.
This reminds me of the time I was on a train to San Diego to watch the Cubs & Padres. A guy asked me if Griffey was still playing with the Cubs.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.