Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano
<!--quoteo(post=88625:date=Apr 13 2010, 02:50 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 13 2010, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can we put an end to booing our own fucking players already? Jeez -- we're booing Caridad now? Let's go ahead and ruin this kid's head and destroy his confidence because of a couple of bad outings at the beginning of the season.

For fuck's sake.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=88651:date=Apr 13 2010, 03:37 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 13 2010, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think it's cool to boo any of your own players and I've said this a million times. Yeah I get pissed the fuck off at them, but I'm not going to get verbally loud at them if I'm in attendance at a game. Some of these guys aren't going to respond well to that. Maybe that makes them a pussy, but whatever, they're on our side and I want them to do as well as possible.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1

It's embarrassing to hear the boos, especially this early in the season.
<!--quoteo(post=88648:date=Apr 13 2010, 02:30 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Apr 13 2010, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88643:date=Apr 13 2010, 04:24 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 13 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88625:date=Apr 13 2010, 01:50 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 13 2010, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can we put an end to booing our own fucking players already? Jeez -- we're booing Caridad now? Let's go ahead and ruin this kid's head and destroy his confidence because of a couple of bad outings at the beginning of the season.

For fuck's sake.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I loved the booing of Shark. But Caridad? That was pretty fucked up.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
What's the difference? Why is it ok to boo him but not Caridad?
Because he really does suck. His only potential is at wide out, and we all know this. He has no business being on the team, and he's only there because of contract. We're better off taking chances with Cashner, Gaub or Stevens. He whines to the press about not being a starter, wears that stupidass looking mop of a haircut and is a genuine prick (sorry Tailgator).

Caridad has none of those issues, and neither does Grabow, who is a proven vet.

Fuck Spellcheck.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Do Cub fans boo their own players more than other teams? It sure seems that way.

I'm totally against booing our own players, unless it's <i>richly</i> deserved (ie, total lack of hustle, flipping off the crowd, or something equally stupid and offensive).
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=88651:date=Apr 13 2010, 02:37 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 13 2010, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think it's cool to boo any of your own players and I've said this a million times. Yeah I get pissed the fuck off at them, but I'm not going to get verbally loud at them if I'm in attendance at a game. Some of these guys aren't going to respond well to that. Maybe that makes them a pussy, but whatever, they're on our side and I want them to do as well as possible.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I agree that I want them to do well, we all do. But I'm not going to just sit there and yell "get 'em next time Soriano" if he pops out to short in a tough spot while I'm at a game.

And jeffy is right about hearing boos this early in the season, especially in introductions.
<!--quoteo(post=88656:date=Apr 13 2010, 05:02 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 13 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Do Cub fans boo their own players more than other teams? It sure seems that way.

I'm totally against booing our own players, unless it's <i>richly</i> deserved (ie, total lack of hustle, flipping off the crowd, or something equally stupid and offensive).<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Go to a phillies or a yankees game. I guarantee...no.

Destined I think you've never liked Shark, so you're predisposed to feeling that way. I think it has to do with your college football affiliations buddy. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=88656:date=Apr 13 2010, 03:02 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 13 2010, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Do Cub fans boo their own players more than other teams? It sure seems that way.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
We just notice it more. I'm sure Soriano and Shark would get pelted in Philly.
<!--quoteo(post=88657:date=Apr 13 2010, 04:05 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 13 2010, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88651:date=Apr 13 2010, 02:37 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 13 2010, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think it's cool to boo any of your own players and I've said this a million times. Yeah I get pissed the fuck off at them, but I'm not going to get verbally loud at them if I'm in attendance at a game. Some of these guys aren't going to respond well to that. Maybe that makes them a pussy, but whatever, they're on our side and I want them to do as well as possible.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I agree that I want them to do well, we all do. <b>But I'm not going to just sit there and yell "get 'em next time Soriano" if he pops out to short in a tough spot while I'm at a game. </b>

And jeffy is right about hearing boos this early in the season, especially in introductions.
I'll yell "God dammit!" or something, but I'm not going to boo the guy or heckle him.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=88658:date=Apr 13 2010, 03:05 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Apr 13 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88656:date=Apr 13 2010, 05:02 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 13 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Do Cub fans boo their own players more than other teams? It sure seems that way.

I'm totally against booing our own players, unless it's <i>richly</i> deserved (ie, total lack of hustle, flipping off the crowd, or something equally stupid and offensive).<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Destined I think you've never liked Shark, so you're predisposed to feeling that way. I think it has to do with your college football affiliations buddy. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
To a small degree yes, but I would have no problem rooting on the bastard if he didn't show a predisposition of killing puppies and having a smug face.
<!--quoteo(post=88660:date=Apr 13 2010, 03:07 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 13 2010, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88657:date=Apr 13 2010, 04:05 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 13 2010, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88651:date=Apr 13 2010, 02:37 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 13 2010, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think it's cool to boo any of your own players and I've said this a million times. Yeah I get pissed the fuck off at them, but I'm not going to get verbally loud at them if I'm in attendance at a game. Some of these guys aren't going to respond well to that. Maybe that makes them a pussy, but whatever, they're on our side and I want them to do as well as possible.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I agree that I want them to do well, we all do. <b>But I'm not going to just sit there and yell "get 'em next time Soriano" if he pops out to short in a tough spot while I'm at a game. </b>

I'll yell "God dammit!" or something, but I'm not going to boo the guy or heckle him.
To each his own. I'm sure he won't hear me calling for his head from the upper deck at Dodger Stadium.
<!--quoteo(post=88661:date=Apr 13 2010, 05:09 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 13 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88658:date=Apr 13 2010, 03:05 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Apr 13 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88656:date=Apr 13 2010, 05:02 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 13 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Do Cub fans boo their own players more than other teams? It sure seems that way.

To a small degree yes, but I would have no problem rooting on the bastard if he didn't show a predisposition of killing puppies and having a smug face.
What about the fact that he needs a haircut? Bad.
<!--quoteo(post=88663:date=Apr 13 2010, 03:13 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Apr 13 2010, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88661:date=Apr 13 2010, 05:09 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 13 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88658:date=Apr 13 2010, 03:05 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Apr 13 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88656:date=Apr 13 2010, 05:02 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 13 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Do Cub fans boo their own players more than other teams? It sure seems that way.

That too. Him and Phil Mickelson. I refuse to root for them until the deed is done.
<!--quoteo(post=88664:date=Apr 13 2010, 05:17 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 13 2010, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88663:date=Apr 13 2010, 03:13 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Apr 13 2010, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88661:date=Apr 13 2010, 05:09 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 13 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88658:date=Apr 13 2010, 03:05 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Apr 13 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88656:date=Apr 13 2010, 05:02 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 13 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Do Cub fans boo their own players more than other teams? It sure seems that way.

That too. Him and Phil Mickelson. I refuse to root for them until the deed is done.
I mean I can't disagree with you. I think he's probably one of the larger douchers on our team. And every fuck up makes me dislike him more.
Boo all you want. But you're not allowed to celebrate then if Samardzija gets good and wins game 7 of the World Series for us one day.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=88668:date=Apr 13 2010, 03:23 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 13 2010, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Boo all you want. But you're not allowed to celebrate then if Samardzija gets good and wins game 7 of the World Series for us one day.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
I have a feeling you'll be safe Destined.