Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it our fault?
We've been mojo-less for, it seems like, a couple years. Have we forsaken it? Has it forsaken us?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Take a chilll, Ace. There's 100 years of history before our little internet circle jerk. We're just a support group.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
Can you even grasp how long that is? And with the relatively short time you've been following the team (given 100+ years), don't you think it's perhaps not just all bad luck or mismanagement or whatever? I've resigned myself to thinking about the Cubs as a soap opera. I follow the story, but I don't get sucked in, because there is always going to be some kind of plot twist that will crush whatever fantasy you might have had about the end of the story.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
We've gone essentially from horse & buggy to ion propulsion drives since the last time the Cubs won a World Series. I think it's beyond mismanagement, a goat, or any rational reason... So, I've decided to blame it on the Men in Black. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein
This year is my fault. When I got my phone in the fall, I put a Bears screen saver on it and the Bears immediately tanked. Then after football season, I changed it to the Cubs and they've sucked. In March, I bought myself a Ramirez shirt and now he sucks. I blame myself for this year, but before that....it's your fault.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=96109:date=May 13 2010, 08:09 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 13 2010, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This year is my fault. When I got my phone in the fall, I put a Bears screen saver on it and the Bears immediately tanked. Then after football season, I changed it to the Cubs and they've sucked. In March, I bought myself a Ramirez shirt and now he sucks. I blame myself for this year, but before that....it's your fault.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Maybe you can buy a Pujols jersey?
<!--quoteo(post=96119:date=May 13 2010, 09:50 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 13 2010, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=96109:date=May 13 2010, 08:09 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ May 13 2010, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This year is my fault. When I got my phone in the fall, I put a Bears screen saver on it and the Bears immediately tanked. Then after football season, I changed it to the Cubs and they've sucked. In March, I bought myself a Ramirez shirt and now he sucks. I blame myself for this year, but before that....it's your fault.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Maybe you can buy a Pujols jersey?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

But I'd have to wear it, and I'd rather die.
Wang.
I have become more and more detached as a fan since 2008, and I aim to keep it that way. I still care, but the losses don't ruin my days as they once did, and the W's don't brighten them as much either.
<!--quoteo(post=96128:date=May 13 2010, 10:33 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ May 13 2010, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have become more and more detached as a fan since 2008, and I aim to keep it that way. I still care, but the losses don't ruin my days as they once did, and the W's don't brighten them as much either.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm glad you were the one brave enough to say that. I feel the same way.
<!--quoteo(post=96146:date=May 13 2010, 11:30 AM:name=dvdastud)-->QUOTE (dvdastud @ May 13 2010, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=96128:date=May 13 2010, 10:33 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ May 13 2010, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have become more and more detached as a fan since 2008, and I aim to keep it that way. I still care, but the losses don't ruin my days as they once did, and the W's don't brighten them as much either.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm glad you were the one brave enough to say that. I feel the same way.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

x3. of course as the season goes on and we're in it, i'll be back i'm sure.