Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stevens Up?
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->cst_cubs: Jeff stevens just walked thru the door. From iowa. Caridad could be headed back to dl (elbow)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Caridad fucking sucks.
Stevens sucks too.
I think that the phrase "DL" needs to be in quotes.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that the guy can't throw a strike if his life depended on it.
<!--quoteo(post=97098:date=May 19 2010, 03:47 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ May 19 2010, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe it has to do with the fact that the guy can't throw a strike if his life depended on it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The irony is when he was coming up through the minors, Caridad was known a guy with good control. In 19.1 innings last year when he got called up he only walked 3 guys.

Stevens, on the other hand, has been known as a guy who can't throw strikes.
Ugh, Why Stevens again? Why not Parker?

A Merry-go-round of shit isn't gonna fix anything. Give someone else a chance.
<!--quoteo(post=97101:date=May 19 2010, 04:03 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ May 19 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=97098:date=May 19 2010, 03:47 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 19 2010, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe it has to do with the fact that the guy can't throw a strike if his life depended on it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The irony is when he was coming up through the minors, Caridad was known a guy with good control. In 19.1 innings last year when he got called up he only walked 3 guys.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah I don't get it. Is it a confidence thing?
And we all know that Lou just loves guys who can't find the strike zone.
<!--quoteo(post=97103:date=May 19 2010, 04:11 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ May 19 2010, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=97101:date=May 19 2010, 04:03 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ May 19 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=97098:date=May 19 2010, 03:47 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 19 2010, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe it has to do with the fact that the guy can't throw a strike if his life depended on it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah I don't get it. Is it a confidence thing?

Could be. He could actually have a legitimate injury for all we know.

I don't think it's a huge deal that Stevens is getting the call before Parker. They've both been pitching well at AAA and it might be even advantageous seeing as Stevens has a little bit of major league experience. Also, Parker is not exactly a pin point accuracy type. They both are very good strikeout pitchers but just struggle to keep the walks down.
He's getting an MRI, so he's probably really hurt.
You don't have to be BT to think "Caridad sucks" is wildly reactionary.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Why not Diamond?
<!--quoteo(post=97114:date=May 19 2010, 05:32 PM:name=Dingo)-->QUOTE (Dingo @ May 19 2010, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why not Diamond?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Diamond may get his chance yet. The only reason I didn't include him in my above post is the Cubs need a reliever and Stevens and Parker are relievers. Diamond as a reliever makes sense too though.
Um hello, Jay Jackson? What the fuck was the point of moving him to the pen if he wasn't going to get called up at times like this?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.