Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zambrano
<!--quoteo(post=114374:date=Sep 16 2010, 08:55 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Sep 16 2010, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=114373:date=Sep 16 2010, 07:52 AM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Sep 16 2010, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He's really coming through lately in these pressure packed situations.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is it his fault these games don't mean anything? He's winning the games he's pitching. What more can he do?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It kind of is his fault that these games don't matter. He has at least some culpability for how poorly this team performed early on.
<!--quoteo(post=114384:date=Sep 16 2010, 10:08 AM:name=vitaminB)-->QUOTE (vitaminB @ Sep 16 2010, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=114374:date=Sep 16 2010, 08:55 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Sep 16 2010, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=114373:date=Sep 16 2010, 07:52 AM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Sep 16 2010, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He's really coming through lately in these pressure packed situations.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is it his fault these games don't mean anything? He's winning the games he's pitching. What more can he do?

It kind of is his fault that these games don't matter. He has at least some culpability for how poorly this team performed early on.

His fault in all of this is small.
Wang.
You blame the funk that seemed to be never ending from April-Mid August on lack of clutch hitting and offense. The starting pitching, with or without Z was pretty solid during most of that time. The guys in the middle weren't performing. Z can get blame for sucking ass opening day or that extremely idiotic meltdown against the white sox, but other than that most of this year the blame can side with the lack of offensive punch.

Which somehow has kind of turned around.

He was a little wild last night and allowed too many baserunners, but again, quality start. Been a good run for him.
Dylan McKay is my hero
<!--quoteo(post=114388:date=Sep 16 2010, 10:42 AM:name=willis)-->QUOTE (willis @ Sep 16 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You blame the funk that seemed to be never ending from April-Mid August on lack of clutch hitting and offense. The starting pitching, with or without Z was pretty solid during most of that time. The guys in the middle weren't performing. Z can get blame for sucking ass opening day or that extremely idiotic meltdown against the white sox, but other than that most of this year the blame can side with the lack of offensive punch.

He was a little wild last night and allowed too many baserunners, but again, quality start. Been a good run for him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Exactly.

My hope for next year is that when he inevitably struggles at the beginning of the year, he'll be given the opportunity to pitch through it. If that happens, and he stays healthy, I'm confident he'll be quite effective next year. As a starter, where he should've been all this year.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=114412:date=Sep 16 2010, 01:53 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Sep 16 2010, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=114388:date=Sep 16 2010, 10:42 AM:name=willis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (willis @ Sep 16 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You blame the funk that seemed to be never ending from April-Mid August on lack of clutch hitting and offense. The starting pitching, with or without Z was pretty solid during most of that time. The guys in the middle weren't performing. Z can get blame for sucking ass opening day or that extremely idiotic meltdown against the white sox, but other than that most of this year the blame can side with the lack of offensive punch.

He was a little wild last night and allowed too many baserunners, but again, quality start. Been a good run for him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Exactly.

My hope for next year is that when he inevitably struggles at the beginning of the year, he'll be given the opportunity to pitch through it. If that happens, and he stays healthy, I'm confident he'll be quite effective next year. As a starter, where he should've been all this year.
Well yes of course. When or if he starts out poorly, he should be allowed to pitch through it. Like a veteran Cub who has been with the organization for over a decade.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=114462:date=Sep 17 2010, 12:50 AM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Sep 17 2010, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=114412:date=Sep 16 2010, 01:53 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Sep 16 2010, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=114388:date=Sep 16 2010, 10:42 AM:name=willis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (willis @ Sep 16 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You blame the funk that seemed to be never ending from April-Mid August on lack of clutch hitting and offense. The starting pitching, with or without Z was pretty solid during most of that time. The guys in the middle weren't performing. Z can get blame for sucking ass opening day or that extremely idiotic meltdown against the white sox, but other than that most of this year the blame can side with the lack of offensive punch.

Exactly.

Well yes of course. When or if he starts out poorly, he should be allowed to pitch through it. Like a veteran Cub who has been with the organization for over a decade.

See, when you say it like that, it seems so obvious. How can anyone refute that logic.......?
Wang.
Z goes 6-0 with a 1.37 in 7 starts. As has been discussed, he's been lucky at times but he has clearly shown that he shouldn't be run out of town or traded for cents on the dollar.

So is anyone surprised by the Chicago Tribune following comment in today's paper in the Main Event - Behavior Index section.
"Carlos Zambrano - Talking retirement after contract ends. Any chance that you'll retire after season ends?"

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to talk crap to the unbalanced pitcher with the best win % in baseball over the last month. In most cities, papers talk crap to opposing players rather than the players on one of your City's teams.
It's amazing how much the Chicago sports media sucks. It's been awful for as long as I can remember.
<!--quoteo(post=114501:date=Sep 17 2010, 02:23 PM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Sep 17 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Z goes 6-0 with a 1.37 in 7 starts. As has been discussed, he's been lucky at times but he has clearly shown that he shouldn't be run out of town or traded for cents on the dollar.

So is anyone surprised by the Chicago Tribune following comment in today's paper in the Main Event - Behavior Index section.
"Carlos Zambrano - Talking retirement after contract ends. Any chance that you'll retire after season ends?"

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to talk crap to the unbalanced pitcher with the best win % in baseball over the last month. In most cities, papers talk crap to opposing players rather than the players on one of your City's teams.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Buehrle has a whopping 3 more wins than Z and his dick gets sucked like it cures cancer.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
<!--quoteo(post=114503:date=Sep 17 2010, 02:51 PM:name=Bricklayer)-->QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Sep 17 2010, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=114501:date=Sep 17 2010, 02:23 PM:name=1060Ivy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Sep 17 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Z goes 6-0 with a 1.37 in 7 starts. As has been discussed, he's been lucky at times but he has clearly shown that he shouldn't be run out of town or traded for cents on the dollar.

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to talk crap to the unbalanced pitcher with the best win % in baseball over the last month. In most cities, papers talk crap to opposing players rather than the players on one of your City's teams.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Buehrle has a whopping 3 more wins than Z and his dick gets sucked like it cures cancer.
It's stunning how much mediocrity you can get away with just because you've won a championship and thrown a couple of no-hitters. The entire Sox rotation hasn't been much better than Z over the past few seasons, yet he still gets treated as though he has no business keeping his roster spot, and they are considered the 5 Aces in the media's eyes. Unfuckingbelievable.

And let me take a wild assed guess, was the above comment in the Trib made by the genius Rosenbloom?
<!--quoteo(post=114505:date=Sep 17 2010, 03:59 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Sep 17 2010, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=114503:date=Sep 17 2010, 02:51 PM:name=Bricklayer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Sep 17 2010, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=114501:date=Sep 17 2010, 02:23 PM:name=1060Ivy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Sep 17 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Z goes 6-0 with a 1.37 in 7 starts. As has been discussed, he's been lucky at times but he has clearly shown that he shouldn't be run out of town or traded for cents on the dollar.

It's stunning how much mediocrity you can get away with just because you've won a championship and thrown a couple of no-hitters. The entire Sox rotation hasn't been much better than Z over the past few seasons, yet he still gets treated as though he has no business keeping his roster spot, and they are considered the 5 Aces in the media's eyes. Unfuckingbelievable.

And let me take a wild assed guess, was the above comment in the Trib made by the genius Rosenbloom?
I think it has more to do with the no hitter and the perfect game. Even though it doesn't make you a hall of famer.
Well...he's a good ol' boy type, he's not sinking into the psychological netherworld like Z all the time, and he was the best player on the last Chicago team to win a world championship.

Those are 3 other reasons (and I know the first one is stupid, but sportswriters eat that stuff up for some reason.)
Of course I detest all Tard fans, and I've always loved Z, but there are reasons why Buerhrle gets press.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=114513:date=Sep 18 2010, 01:45 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Sep 18 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Well...he's a good ol' boy type, he's not sinking into the psychological netherworld like Z all the time, and he was the best player on the last Chicago team to win a world championship.

Those are 3 other reasons (and I know the first one is stupid, but sportswriters eat that stuff up for some reason.)
Of course I detest all Tard fans, and I've always loved Z, but there are reasons why Buerhrle gets press.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The HOF talk is what recently put me over the edge on Buehrle (among other things). That shit is expected from the likes of Hawk Harrelson, but not from a supposedly informed media.
<!--quoteo(post=114513:date=Sep 18 2010, 01:45 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Sep 18 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Well...he's a good ol' boy type, he's not sinking into the psychological netherworld like Z all the time, and he was the best player on the last Chicago team to win a world championship.

Of course I detest all Tard fans, and I've always loved Z, but there are reasons why Buerhrle gets press.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Good ol' boy type = white guy
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
I know that darn WHIP was off last night, but our guy held a team fighting for a playoff spot to zero runs in 6 innings.

Zambrano is good. Always has been.
Wang.