Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zambrano
<!--quoteo(post=103477:date=Jun 28 2010, 10:37 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 28 2010, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So when I'm at Wrigley on July 15th, do I boo him if he comes out of the pen?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, you should never boo your own players, even when they deserve it. Other fans don't do it.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=103524:date=Jun 29 2010, 10:44 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 29 2010, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Cubs need to do everything they can to fix this Zambrano thing, eating all or most of $45 M seems like the worst idea possible.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think Hendry barely has any leeway left to pull him out from under the bus he's thrown him under. I'm not sure that Z can really pull off the apology and back to the bullpen thing. It's not impossible but it seems like a pretty tall order.
<!--quoteo(post=103478:date=Jun 28 2010, 11:39 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Jun 28 2010, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe we can get Fuk put on the batshit list too. I can't understand a thing the guy says. I think he needs treatment.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Do they have treatment for chronic spinners whose bloated contracts are blocking the development of younger talent?

Maybe we can get a group rate.
Am I the only person here that hope Zambrano works his shit out and sticks with the Cubs?
<!--quoteo(post=107017:date=Jul 21 2010, 03:40 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Jul 21 2010, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Am I the only person here that hope Zambrano works his shit out and sticks with the Cubs?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No. I hope that also.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
I still think Lou and Hendry fucked Zambrano up. He's done enough over his career where he should've been allowed to work through some early season struggles. They knew he was crazy, why do something that's gonna make him crazier?
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=107028:date=Jul 21 2010, 03:59 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 21 2010, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I still think Lou and Hendry fucked Zambrano up. He's done enough over his career where he should've been allowed to work through some early season struggles. They knew he was crazy, why do something that's gonna make him crazier?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I couldn't agree more.

All you need to do is look about 8 miles south of Wrigley. Look how poorly Floyd started out the season -- just as bad as Zambrano. But he wasn't given a ridiculously short leash. Instead, they trusted that because his last two seasons were solid, he would eventually work out the kinks. It took him a while, but he did it and he's been their best starter for a while now. As much as I hate Ozzie, he didn't pull some reactionary bullshit and throw Floyd into the bullpen.

Given Z's resumé with the Cubs, he should have been given a much, much longer leash.
I still want Z to succeed here also, but I won't go out of my way to defend him any longer either. He won't get many more chances though, I'm afraid.
<!--quoteo(post=107030:date=Jul 21 2010, 05:04 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 21 2010, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107028:date=Jul 21 2010, 03:59 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 21 2010, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I still think Lou and Hendry fucked Zambrano up. He's done enough over his career where he should've been allowed to work through some early season struggles. They knew he was crazy, why do something that's gonna make him crazier?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I couldn't agree more.

All you need to do is look about 8 miles south of Wrigley. Look how poorly Floyd started out the season -- just as bad as Zambrano. But he wasn't given a ridiculously short leash. Instead, they trusted that because his last two seasons were solid, he would eventually work out the kinks. It took him a while, but he did it and he's been their best starter for a while now. As much as I hate Ozzie, he didn't pull some reactionary bullshit and throw Floyd into the bullpen.

Given Z's resumé with the Cubs, he should have been given a much, much longer leash.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This wasnt just "early season struggles" though. He hasnt been right for awhile.
<!--quoteo(post=107030:date=Jul 21 2010, 04:04 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 21 2010, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107028:date=Jul 21 2010, 03:59 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 21 2010, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I still think Lou and Hendry fucked Zambrano up. He's done enough over his career where he should've been allowed to work through some early season struggles. They knew he was crazy, why do something that's gonna make him crazier?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I couldn't agree more.

Just wondering, is the fact that Lee sucks also Hendry and Lou's fault? And which guy should have been yanked from the rotation when Lilly came back, if it wasn't going to be Zambrano?
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=107169:date=Jul 21 2010, 10:57 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jul 21 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107030:date=Jul 21 2010, 04:04 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 21 2010, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107028:date=Jul 21 2010, 03:59 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 21 2010, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I still think Lou and Hendry fucked Zambrano up. He's done enough over his career where he should've been allowed to work through some early season struggles. They knew he was crazy, why do something that's gonna make him crazier?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I couldn't agree more.

Just wondering, is the fact that Lee sucks also Hendry and Lou's fault? And which guy should have been yanked from the rotation when Lilly came back, if it wasn't going to be Zambrano?
Gorz or Wells should have been yanked from the rotation.

And no, Lee's shitty play isn't Hendry or Lou's fault. If they decided to move Lee into a pinch hitting role to improve the bench or make him a catcher to improve our defense behind the plate, then you could probably point a finger Hendry or Lou's direction.
Looks like humility is the way they are going with him to see if that works. They have him coming out of the pen at AAA starting tonight...$18 million crybaby, now middle relief for a minor league team. How's that working for you?

I personally am tired of his act. Even with a 3 era or something, his act is tired here and there is no reason to keep him around this team. It was plain to see that when he was suspended no one really gave a shit. I don't think his future in Chicago is much longer so I could care if he does well or blows up. I just want him gone for whatever is out there to get. If getting younger is the plan, you really want this ass hole around the young kids? Nope.

To the argument of whether or not he should have been yanked from the rotation...hind sight I side with the no he shouldn't have been...but at the time I was 50/50 regarding it. Wells was throwing better than Z and they probably thought a big intimidator out of the pen could work...backfired. Looking back at it, I think Wells could have handled it better.
Dylan McKay is my hero
<!--quoteo(post=107196:date=Jul 22 2010, 10:43 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 22 2010, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107169:date=Jul 21 2010, 10:57 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jul 21 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107030:date=Jul 21 2010, 04:04 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 21 2010, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107028:date=Jul 21 2010, 03:59 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 21 2010, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I still think Lou and Hendry fucked Zambrano up. He's done enough over his career where he should've been allowed to work through some early season struggles. They knew he was crazy, why do something that's gonna make him crazier?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I couldn't agree more.

Gorz or Wells should have been yanked from the rotation.

And no, Lee's shitty play isn't Hendry or Lou's fault. If they decided to move Lee into a pinch hitting role to improve the bench or make him a catcher to improve our defense behind the plate, then you could probably point a finger Hendry or Lou's direction.

At the time the move seemed to make sense to me. The bullpen was in shambles, and the rotation had a glut of quality starters. Zambrano didn't look like he could keep it together. So in an attempt to get something out of him, why not see if he could just turn it up for an inning and get some outs. In retrospect it didn't work out. Zambrano continued to struggle and now we are out of it. But at the time, their were still hopes of salvaging the season. I think Lou made the right move, which was to try and make a move instead of just sitting back and waiting for Zambrano to quit killing his bullpen by lasting 3 innings.
<!--quoteo(post=107169:date=Jul 21 2010, 10:57 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jul 21 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107030:date=Jul 21 2010, 04:04 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 21 2010, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107028:date=Jul 21 2010, 03:59 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 21 2010, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I still think Lou and Hendry fucked Zambrano up. He's done enough over his career where he should've been allowed to work through some early season struggles. They knew he was crazy, why do something that's gonna make him crazier?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I couldn't agree more.

Nobody's blaming Lou or Hendry for Zambrano struggling early in the season. I'm blaming them for not giving him time to work through his struggles. Lots of pitchers get off to bad starts. Zambrano has been good enough for long enough to have been given that opportunity. He certainly earned a rotation spot over Gorzelanney, Wells, or Silva, i don't care how well they were pitching at the time.
Wang.
Before the bullpen lunacy, Zambrano started 4 games and went at least 5 innings in 3 out of the 4 starts. He also gave up 3 earned runs or less in 3 out of the 4 starts.

People talking about how he was killing the bullpen and killing the team at the start of the season have no idea what they're talking about.