Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zambrano
<!--quoteo(post=103280:date=Jun 27 2010, 05:54 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 27 2010, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=103273:date=Jun 27 2010, 05:21 PM:name=Gracie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gracie @ Jun 27 2010, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Cubs should pay as much of Zambrano's contract as needed to dump him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No they shouldn't. They should put Wells in the bullpen and leave Zambrano in the rotation. Then, I dunno, maybe let him try to figure his shit out. Of course he's had problems and velocity issues, he hasn't been given a fair shake all year and hasn't had a consistent routine to get ready. Hendry and Lou are fucking dolts.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If they want to let him "figure his shit out" they should put him on the DL and sign him up for counseling. Letting him continue to blow up and be a distraction is only detrimental to the team.
Peavy and Floyd sucked dick much harder and longer than Zambrano. Ozzie didn't pull some reactionary bullshit move like putting either of them in the bullpen. Seems like it's starting to pay off now.

From my vantage point, I think Zambrano deserved the benefit of the doubt and should have been allowed to work through his struggles. He's a veteran, he's been one of our best pitchers for years. Instead, Gorz, Wells, Silva -- all who had been on the team for a year (at most) got the nod over him. I get why he's disgruntled. Z has been getting the booty end of the stick all season long and he deserves better.
<!--quoteo(post=103282:date=Jun 27 2010, 05:01 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 27 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Peavy and Floyd sucked dick much harder and longer than Zambrano. Ozzie didn't pull some reactionary bullshit move like putting either of them in the bullpen. Seems like it's starting to pay off now.

From my vantage point, I think Zambrano deserved the benefit of the doubt and should have been allowed to work through his struggles. He's a veteran, he's been one of our best pitchers for years. Instead, Gorz, Wells, Silva -- all who had been on the team for a year (at most) got the nod over him. I get why he's disgruntled. Z has been getting the booty end of the stick all season long and he deserves better.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
How are you still protecting him?
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=103281:date=Jun 27 2010, 05:58 PM:name=Gracie)-->QUOTE (Gracie @ Jun 27 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=103280:date=Jun 27 2010, 05:54 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 27 2010, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=103273:date=Jun 27 2010, 05:21 PM:name=Gracie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gracie @ Jun 27 2010, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Cubs should pay as much of Zambrano's contract as needed to dump him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No they shouldn't. They should put Wells in the bullpen and leave Zambrano in the rotation. Then, I dunno, maybe let him try to figure his shit out. Of course he's had problems and velocity issues, he hasn't been given a fair shake all year and hasn't had a consistent routine to get ready. Hendry and Lou are fucking dolts.

If they want to let him "figure his shit out" they should put him on the DL and sign him up for counseling. Letting him continue to blow up and be a distraction is only detrimental to the team.
No, the stupid knee jerk reactions that the Cubs management consistently makes are the distractions. Zambrano blew up, but it was caused by Hendry and Lou's ultra short-sightedness. Zambrano's always been a time bomb, so why the fuck would you jerk him around the way they have this year? Makes no sense. Someone needs to go, but that person ain't Zambrano.
<!--quoteo(post=103284:date=Jun 27 2010, 05:07 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 27 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->No, the stupid knee jerk reactions that the Cubs management consistently makes are the distractions. Zambrano blew up, but it was caused by Hendry and Lou's ultra short-sightedness. Zambrano's always been a time bomb, so why the fuck would you jerk him around the way they have this year? Makes no sense. Someone needs to go, but that person ain't Zambrano.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why must everything devolve into an argument about Hendry/Lou? Zambrano is a professional baseball player and is expected to act like one, and though moving him to the bullpen wasn't a good idea I don't see how it justifies Z throwing a bat-shit insane tantrum because he's been shitty this season. Derrek Lee has never been anything short of a hard-working class-act.
<!--quoteo(post=103285:date=Jun 27 2010, 06:12 PM:name=Gracie)-->QUOTE (Gracie @ Jun 27 2010, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=103284:date=Jun 27 2010, 05:07 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 27 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->No, the stupid knee jerk reactions that the Cubs management consistently makes are the distractions. Zambrano blew up, but it was caused by Hendry and Lou's ultra short-sightedness. Zambrano's always been a time bomb, so why the fuck would you jerk him around the way they have this year? Makes no sense. Someone needs to go, but that person ain't Zambrano.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why must everything devolve into an argument about Hendry/Lou? Zambrano is a professional baseball player and is expected to act like one, and though moving him to the bullpen wasn't a good idea I don't see how it justifies Z throwing a bat-shit insane tantrum because he's been shitty this season. Derrek Lee has never been anything short of a hard-working class-act.

Absofrigginlutely.
<!--quoteo(post=103285:date=Jun 27 2010, 06:12 PM:name=Gracie)-->QUOTE (Gracie @ Jun 27 2010, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=103284:date=Jun 27 2010, 05:07 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 27 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->No, the stupid knee jerk reactions that the Cubs management consistently makes are the distractions. Zambrano blew up, but it was caused by Hendry and Lou's ultra short-sightedness. Zambrano's always been a time bomb, so why the fuck would you jerk him around the way they have this year? Makes no sense. Someone needs to go, but that person ain't Zambrano.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I never said Zambrano was devoid of blame, he acted like a fool.

However, there's a track record here and it doesn't start with Zambrano. First it was Sosa, then Walker, then Mercker, some Hawkins, then a little Prior, Alou, and Patterson, some Barrett, Jones, and Marquis, a dabble of Bradley, and some Zambrano. The Cubs track record of throwing players under the bus is fucking outstanding.
<!--quoteo(post=103283:date=Jun 27 2010, 06:06 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jun 27 2010, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=103282:date=Jun 27 2010, 05:01 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 27 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Peavy and Floyd sucked dick much harder and longer than Zambrano. Ozzie didn't pull some reactionary bullshit move like putting either of them in the bullpen. Seems like it's starting to pay off now.

From my vantage point, I think Zambrano deserved the benefit of the doubt and should have been allowed to work through his struggles. He's a veteran, he's been one of our best pitchers for years. Instead, Gorz, Wells, Silva -- all who had been on the team for a year (at most) got the nod over him. I get why he's disgruntled. Z has been getting the booty end of the stick all season long and he deserves better.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't get it either. I sure as hell don't understand how Z deserves the benefit of the doubt. He has sucked for over a year and a half now.
<!--quoteo(post=103288:date=Jun 27 2010, 06:33 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Jun 27 2010, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=103283:date=Jun 27 2010, 06:06 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jun 27 2010, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=103282:date=Jun 27 2010, 05:01 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 27 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Peavy and Floyd sucked dick much harder and longer than Zambrano. Ozzie didn't pull some reactionary bullshit move like putting either of them in the bullpen. Seems like it's starting to pay off now.

I don't get it either. I sure as hell don't understand how Z deserves the benefit of the doubt. He has sucked for over a year and a half now.
The benefit of the doubt as far as what? Acting like a fucking idiot? Nope. Being pissed about getting jerked around? Absolutely.
If anyone here is still going by the media reports and hasn't actually watched the video, I encourage you to watch it. Zambrano was an ass, there's no getting around it. But he came down the stairs into the dugout and walked past Lee before he ever said a word. He was pacing and yelling but not directly at anyone. He didn't focus on Lee till Lee spoke to him then he turned and yelled at Lee and others got in between him and Lee. All I'm saying is that this is not the way it keeps being portrayed. I have read numerous reports of Z coming down the steps yelling at Lee. This is false. I have almost no information about what exactly Z was yelling and as far as I know it may have been way beyond the pale. I'm not an apologist for him. I'm just saying that the press, and the Cubs have both exaggerated the degree of the outrage. The video simply contradicts details of the reports.
Exactly. He was stomping around and acting like a fool. The Lee told him to "shut the fuck up". Zambrano then yelled at him for a second, no one really separated them, there wasn't even contact. He broke the cooler, then went down the tunnel.
Then Zambrano actually came back to the dugout and sat basically right next to Lee.
<!--quoteo(post=103292:date=Jun 27 2010, 06:46 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 27 2010, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Then Zambrano actually came back to the dugout and sat basically right next to Lee.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And then Piniella comes along and gives Z a paternal pat on the leg.
And then gave him an Izturis gooch cyclone.
I'm sure it was that simple. That's why his teammates are throwing him under the bus today, and why Lou and Jim are basically telling the world that Z is a huge asshole that they can't wait to get rid of.

Obviously there's more to it that we can't see on the video.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.