Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
https://twitter.com/TommyBirch/status/10...8584686592
Lange with another excellent start for MB. Wonder what his ETA is at this point. Could be in AA soon.
19 straight scoreless I believe.

Yessir, and only 1 ER over his last 22 IP.
Langes definitely a thing now. I mean, he was at LSU and when they took him but he seems to be taking another step as a starter. I was reading about some improvements hes made with his changeup. His curveball has always been elite but there were concerns he may be a two-pitch guy.

But with Alzolay, Lange, Hatch, De La Cruz, and hopefully Albertos they seem to have some pieces here. Plus Mekkes keeps impressing out of the pen.
@TheBlogfines
Mekkes was recently promoted to Iowa. Will be interesting to see if his deceptive delivery holds up at a higher level.
He pitched a scoreless inning yesterday.

I'm glad Lange is showing success as a starter.  I'm hoping he sticks in that role and not end up in relief.

So is Duncan Robinson becoming a legit pitching prospect? I haven't been following him that closely over the years, but he is moving up the ranks now in AA and has seen a nice spike in Ks and K/BB rate this season. Just took a no-hitter into the 6th inning yesterday and ended up strucking out 11. Is he already too old at 24 to factor into future plans?
Find out if NSBB has seen any youtube clips of him.

Don't look now, but Maples is starting to look good again.  No walks since May 25th, struck out the side on all curveballs last night.

I don't know if I can handle both Maples and Chatwood on the same pitching staff though.
Looks like another no walk, 2K appearance for Maples.

When Edwards and Darvish return, the pen will get really crowded. Hard to see where Maples fits, but then again injuries always happen.
Maybe.  I don't see how you don't find a place for someone at some point who could potentially be a game changing pen arm though.

I wonder if Maples is still only throwing curves and sliders?