Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Quote:So, is BN going to write a post crying about every single publication and twitter account that ranks the system near the bottom?

Would you prefer a non-story about the booming free agent market? Another non-update, update to Darvish signing somewhere soon and Cubs may be favored?

Not much baseball news to report other than there’s not much baseball news to report.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="funkster" data-cid="327865" data-time="1517330398">
So, is BN going to write a post crying about every single publication and twitter account that ranks the system near the bottom?

Would you prefer a non-story about the booming free agent market? Another non-update, update to Darvish signing somewhere soon and Cubs may be favored?

Not much baseball news to report other than there’s not much baseball news to report.

</blockquote>

Maybe an article about how the Reds are looking so much better because you just assume they won't suck so bad despite no notable personnel moves?

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
I'm not sure there's enough time for any of that when you factor in all the time and resources spent on Nolan Arenado jokes, pushing your Bears blog, and trying to sell backpacks.
Yeah, I gotta say, the constant tweets (and then retweets of himself) using affiliate links to sell Cubs stuff on the MLB site or random bullshit on Amazon would lead me to unfollow pretty much anybody else.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Maybe the Cubs should sign all the free agents so that Ivy would be happy with the offseason, it's simply moving too slow for him...get on it Theoyer.

I find it hilarious that people somehow feel that teams should be signing free agents and making moves just to make the offseason less boring for fans.

There will be a flurry of signings at some point. And ST could be much more fun if all the unsigned FAs have their own camp, as they are threatening to do. Or maybe all these guys just take off for Japan, sign pillow contracts and dominate over there. Dull offseason, but people complaining about it angers me more than the lack of activity does.

And honestly, prospect lists are fun, but I tend to think that beyond the top 20-25 names, these so-called experts really have no clue what they are talking about.
Again, do you want a WS ring and two NLCS or a top five farm system?  Cause you kind of can't have both at the same time, the choice is pretty simple.

You can try to do both, but it is almost impossible to pull off for more than a 5 year period. The Astros are probably the best example of being successful at both, but how long will that last? You get the impression that some Cubs bloggers would rather be the Dodgers purely based on their potential than the Cubs. That World Series victory did actually happen, you know.
Yeah, but the Astros were bad for a lot of years too which got them to this point.  It's much easier to build your farm, like we did, when you have multiple years in a row with top five picks.  Their farm won't be good for much longer either.

Quote:Again, do you want a WS ring and two NLCS or a top five farm system?  Cause you kind of can't have both at the same time, the choice is pretty simple.

Oh, absolutely. And part of the reason our farm system is so thinned out is because Bryant, Baez, Russell, Contreras, Almora, Happ, etc. have all recently "graduated" and are all contributing at the major league level.
I've said it once and I'll say it again, I'd sell off every player, coach, stadium, and hot dog vendor in our farm system if it meant another WS championship.

Troubling (mostly sad) development for Perez.

https://twitter.com/bvenezolano/status/9...2046523392

https://twitter.com/bvenezolano/status/9...9209361409
https://twitter.com/mlbpipeline/status/9...2092755969
The following minor leaguers were just released:

Pitchers: David Berg, Marc Huberman, Mark Malave, Steve Perakslis, Carson Sands, Tommy Thorpe

Catcher: Cael Brockmeyer

Infielders: Kevin Cornelius, Adonis Paula

Outfielders: Robert Garcia
Welp, there goes the 2022 season.