Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Bleh.  Had high hopes for Sands being a nice upside lotto ticket.

There was also a lot of chatter about Berg when the Cubs drafted him. Ah, well.

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Yeah, didn't realize that Berg was already 26. Sands is still young, but just hasn't advanced past A-ball and battled injuries. Still was hoping he would hang around a bit longer.
Alzolay having a nice first start at Iowa.

https://twitter.com/IowaCubsGameDay/stat...4971274240

Alzolay's nickname is henceforth, "Typo."

Am I the only one who is more impressed by Mike Freeman's line?
Yes.

All kidding aside, should we expect Alzolay to contribute to the major league team at some point this season or is he trade bait?
I dont think we can afford to trade him. He is really our only decent prospect now days.
Quote:I dont think we can afford to trade him. He is really our only decent prospect now days.

Unless he's a phenom, who in our rotation does he figure to be better than, after the whole league has seen him twice?
Underwood has had a nice start.  18K to only 2BB.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Dingo" data-cid="330609" data-time="1525164055">
<div>
I dont think we can afford to trade him. He is really our only decent prospect now days.

Unless he's a phenom, who in our rotation does he figure to be better than, after the whole league has seen him twice?

</div>
</blockquote>

Hard to say at this stage, however what if someone in the rotation goes down for a stint on the DL? Who else in our system is as good as him? 
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="330611" data-time="1525175635">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Dingo" data-cid="330609" data-time="1525164055">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

Hard to say at this stage, however what if someone in the rotation goes down for a stint on the DL? Who else in our system is as good as him? 

</div>
</blockquote>

In the system, probably nobody, but presumably the sixth starter right now is Montgomery.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
I would also expect Butler or Tseng to rank right behind Monty on the depth chart as far as emergency SPs are concerned.