Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
I dunno, can you really risk exposing Seth Frankoff?

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Clapp" data-cid="314154" data-time="1496578944">
<div>
Thomas Hatch seems to finally not be bad. Two straight awesome starts.

He keeps rollin:

8 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 7 K tonight. 

Last five starts: 

30 1/3 IP, 24 H, 3 ER, 7 BB, 33 K

Remember, he was the Cubs' first pick last year, with pick 104 (third round). Seems he's finally making the jump. 

</div>
</blockquote>

7 IP, 0 ER tonight for Hatch. 

So, last six starts: 

37 1/3 IP, 27 H, 3 ER, 8 BB, 39 K.

On the season, zero homers allowed and a 3.33 ERA  in 70 1/3 innings.

@TheBlogfines
Any idea what the turn around for Hatch was? He had a few blow out starts at the beginning of the season there.
Quote:Any idea what the turn around for Hatch was? He had a few blow out starts at the beginning of the season there.

I don't know if he was not 100% or if his velocity is up now or something.

But I know with certainty that his command has been much better.

8 walks in the 37 1/3 IP over this stretch.  22 walks in 33 IP before that. 

Could be feeling more healthy. Could be a mechanical adjustment. Could be confidence. Whatever the case, he now looks like the pitcher the Cubs thought they drafted. 

@TheBlogfines
Time for a promotion to TN?
Quote:Time for a promotion to TN?

Has to be getting close you'd think. Maybe they want to see it for more than six starts, but if they believe he's normal now, it would make sense for him to have a bit of a fast track after being a college pitcher.
@TheBlogfines
This Michael Rucker dude is worth keeping an eye on. 

He'd been great out of the bullpen this season between South Bend and Myrtle Beach, and now the Cubs are trying him out as a starter at Myrtle Beach.

Tonight: 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K. 

So, over his four starts now: 20 2/3 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 6 BB, 21 K. 

He's a 23-year-old in A-ball (11th round pick in 2016 out of BYU), but this is pretty impressive to do so well as a starter immediately. 

@TheBlogfines
Whatever it is that he's doing, he's probably not being challenged down in MB. Hopefully the success translates to AA soon as well.
This is the kid that the Cubs drafted that that the Boise State football commitment back in 2014. He's played a few games each summer (save 2016) in the Cubs' system, but he has now committed to the Cubs fully.

Quote:<p lang="en" dir="ltr">Joe Martarano #Cubs @EugeneEmeralds currently leads the Northwest League with .467 AVG, .543 OBP, 1.176 OPS and is 4th in SLG at .633 @MiLB pic.twitter.com/8fQQrbeKCN
— Jared Ravich (@JaredRavich) June 26, 2017

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

He could turn into a very interesting prospect, but isn't he kind of old for Eugene?
Considering how little baseball he's played over the last few years and the fact that he probably just finished school in May, where else would you have started him? It's likely that he'll be in SB before too long if he keeps raking.

--Veryzer

Was just asking. His numbers even prior to this were always impressive.
Yeah, my reply sounded snipe-y, didn't it? I didn't mean it that way. Sorry.

Off-topic, but I'm really, really trying to get a draft of the big diss done, and my computer has broken twice in the past 2 weeks (the LED screen is cracked now).

I'm in the school library typing on the mist disgusting keyboard I have ever seen, and I'm feeling the weight of it all.

--Veryzer

No need to apologize, man. Nothing worse than dealing with crappy technology when you're under serious pressure. And you'll have to give us a sneak preview of your dissertation at some point. Really curious to hear more about it.
http://twitter.com/CarrieMuskat/status/8...0709874690

http://twitter.com/CarrieMuskat/status/8...8016936961

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]