Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Thomas Hatch seems to finally not be bad. Two straight awesome starts.
@TheBlogfines
Has anyone else been following Michael Rucker? He's the Cubs' 2016 11th round draft pick out of BYU. Up to this point, he's been a bit old for his competition, but he has just been killing it.

<iframe src="http://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/share.fcgi?id=rEcbQ&output=iframe" width=1386 height=251 scrolling=auto>
Report Created on Baseball-Reference.com
</iframe>
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Yes. John Arguello mentioned recently that he could see him rise up to AAA quickly and be in the mix for a big league spot as soon as next season. The control seems to be outstanding.
Something positive on an otherwise shitty day.

https://twitter.com/pelicanbaseball/stat...8347059200
Quote:Thomas Hatch seems to finally not be bad. Two straight awesome starts.

He keeps rollin:

8 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 7 K tonight. 

Last five starts: 

30 1/3 IP, 24 H, 3 ER, 7 BB, 33 K

Remember, he was the Cubs' first pick last year, with pick 104 (third round). Seems he's finally making the jump. 

@TheBlogfines
Nice K/BB rate.  He's the one from U of I as I recall.

Nope, he was an Okie State Cowboy.

--Veryzer

Ah, you're right.  I know we drafted a kid who either went to U of I or was a high schooler from central IL.  I remember he was an overslot guy..

I see Dakota Mekkes has been promoted to Myrtle Beach. He was a late pick last year and his done nothing but pitched fantastic out of the bullpen since. I don't know anything of him, could be a sleeper.

Edit: Round 10, pick 314 overall.

Quote:I see Dakota Mekkes has been promoted to Myrtle Beach. He was a late pick last year and his done nothing but pitched fantastic out of the bullpen since. I don't know anything of him, could be a sleeper.

Edit: Round 10, pick 314 overall.

Yeah, he should've been promoted sooner probably with his domination, and as a 22-year-old from a big school. I've read his stuff doesn't wow you (like 90-93) but that he has some deception and seems to know how to pitch. He keeps getting batters out, whatever the case. He may not be too far away from getting a shot in the bullpen if this keeps up. 

@TheBlogfines
I don't think this year, though.

--Veryzer

Feels like that's the usual line with the pitching in our system lol..."stuff doesn't wow you"...

Charcer Burks is breaking out. 

.314/.412/.464 at Double-A. 

He was a fringy prospect the last couple years with solid numbers in A-ball, but he's taking it to the next level now. Looked impressive in Spring Training too. Should be viewed as a top-10 prospect now.

@TheBlogfines
Charcer?
Charcer Burks?

That's . . . that's Kyler Burke trying to fool me, isn't it?

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]