Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="246800" data-time="1432070996">
<div>
I looked in over there. The stupid question is "would you trade Schwarber for Syndegaard?"

Well, yes.

On what planet do the Mets make that trade?

Maybe they would put Schwarber at SS?

I don't know, young arms still make me nervous.  He's already had elbow issues.

</div>
</blockquote>
Yes, young arms are a crapshoot. If you're the Mets, do you make this trade?
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="funkster" data-cid="246829" data-time="1432082081">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="246800" data-time="1432070996">

I looked in over there. The stupid question is "would you trade Schwarber for Syndegaard?"

Well, yes.

</blockquote>
Yes, young arms are a crapshoot. If you're the Mets, do you make this trade?</blockquote>

If I was the Mets I would make that trade every single day.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="funkster" data-cid="246829" data-time="1432082081">
<div>

<div>

Well, yes.

</div>
</blockquote>
Yes, young arms are a crapshoot. If you're the Mets, do you make this trade?

</div>
</blockquote>
This particular one, probably not.
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="246838" data-time="1432082976">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="funkster" data-cid="246829" data-time="1432082081">

Well, yes.

</blockquote>Yes, young arms are a crapshoot. If you're the Mets, do you make this trade?

</blockquote>This particular one, probably not.</blockquote>Schwarber straight up for Thor? How do you not to that if you're them? Have you seen their offense? In their system Schwarber would fly to the majors and be their left fielder in a few months. They already have pitching, but nobody who can do anything with a bat.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Whatever, point is I wouldn't trade them straight up from a Cubs perspective.

Quote:Whatever, point is I wouldn't trade them straight up from a Cubs perspective.
Oh, neither would I. I thought the original question was from the Mets side of things though.

- Butcher
It was. If I'm the Mets, I wouldn't make that trade straight up.

Quote:It was. If I'm the Mets, I wouldn't make that trade straight up.

Why?

- Butcher
Actually it wasn't.  Unless you saw later comments or a separate thread within the comments, the discussion I was initially talking about was almost completely from the Cubs perspective.

Another save for Edwards.  Bet we see him called up for the bullpen sometime this year.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="246854" data-time="1432086282">
It was. If I'm the Mets, I wouldn't make that trade straight up.

Why?

</blockquote>
Thor could be a #1. I think if he's traded he goes a lot higher than a big minor league bat.
I think Cubs fans overvalue Castro and other teams fans undervalue him. I wonder what management thinks? Recently, it seems Castro has reverted back to his old ways of a poor fielding ground ball machine. His .645 OPS is reminiscent of 2013. He got off to a hot start and we all started blowing him. Unfortunately he's slumping quite hard. I'd like to see Castro get some a day or two off with Russell at SS. 

Quote:Another save for Edwards.  Bet we see him called up for the bullpen sometime this year.

If he keeps it up a little longer, I think he'll be kind of like Soler last year. Pop into Iowa for a little bit, get a few innings and then be up. But I agree, it'll be this year unless he just falls apart, which I don't see happening. He could be a big boost to the pen-times one million if Ramirez stays out for an extended time. 
Dylan McKay is my hero
My biggest concern with Edwards (not calling him Carl Jr.) is the control issues. Didn't he walk another 3 batters last night? He has 15 BB in only 19.2 IP so far. Not good. Also still only at AA.
Quote:My biggest concern with Edwards (not calling him Carl Jr.) is the control issues. Didn't he walk another 3 batters last night? He has 15 BB in only 19.2 IP so far. Not good. Also still only at AA.
Yep. I share that concern. Needs to regain some semblance of command before I'd give him a promotion. But prior to this year his command was pretty good. So I wouldn't be surprised if he finds it quickly.