Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Baez's last 10 games: 42 PA, .285/.405/.400, 1 HR, 10 K, 5 BB

I just realized that I've never been to a night game at Wrigley.

I just realized that I posted that in a completely irrelevant thread.

Arizona Phil was saying McKinney's defense in the outfield is really bad and it's the reason why he isn't at Tennessee at the moment (that and the log jam of outfielders there at the moment). He was saying he can't play CF which doesn't help his cause as he won't hit much for power and can barely play adequate LF. It is hoped that he will get better at defense this season while at Carolina. Another reason why the Cubs need the DH (that and Lester batting). 

Quote:Arizona Phil was saying McKinney's defense in the outfield is really bad and it's the reason why he isn't at Tennessee at the moment (that and the log jam of outfielders there at the moment). He was saying he can't play CF which doesn't help his cause as he won't hit much for power and can barely play adequate LF. It is hoped that he will get better at defense this season while at Carolina. Another reason why the Cubs need the DH (that and Lester batting). 
Se he is Coghlan Jr.?
Quote:Baez's last 10 games: 42 PA, .285/.405/.400, 1 HR, 10 K, 5 BB

That's a K rate for Baez that would be just fine. The problem is that in the majors his k rate will probably go up 10%. I hope he figures it out. We could use him in the lineup.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Dingo" data-cid="245053" data-time="1431403069">
<div>
Arizona Phil was saying McKinney's defense in the outfield is really bad and it's the reason why he isn't at Tennessee at the moment (that and the log jam of outfielders there at the moment). He was saying he can't play CF which doesn't help his cause as he won't hit much for power and can barely play adequate LF. It is hoped that he will get better at defense this season while at Carolina. Another reason why the Cubs need the DH (that and Lester batting). 
Se he is Coghlan Jr.?

</div>
</blockquote>
Except Coghlan can't hit.
It's unfortunate that thus far Jake Stinnett kind of sucks.

The Baez stuff is encouraging and off to a decent start. The power is down a little, but the approach seems better. I'd make that trade. My personal opinion is that I'd like to see him a full season in Iowa to continue this improvement. My guess is that will not be the case and after about 150-200 ABs he'll be up. 

Dylan McKay is my hero
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rok" data-cid="245054" data-time="1431403575">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Dingo" data-cid="245053" data-time="1431403069">
<div>
Se he is Coghlan Jr.?

</div>
</blockquote>
Except Coghlan can't hit.

</div>
</blockquote>
I was just thinking of 2009 and 2014 Coghlan, but yes, point taken.
Schwarber just knocked one out. Kid has so much power. 

Dylan McKay is my hero
With power no longer available from pharmacists, I'd like to see the DH kept out of the NL and for kids like Schwarber and Vogelbomb to be the sort AL teams are happy to trade pitching to get.

With his power and approach, I hope Schwarber is just an adequate catcher.
Jeremy Null gave up an earned run today!

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

No walks and six innings.  Not bad.  I wonder what some of the professional prospect watchers think of him, if anything.