Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Nah, he'll have a fantastic but unsustainable 3 weeks and the meatballs will be debating who needs the bigger extension, him or Arrieta.  With strong finishes by Soler and Baez, they will also demand that we trade Bryant and Castro with Valbuena to get 5 ace-level pitchers with one of those being Cole Hamels.

I would REALLY love to see an organization that is ran by fan voting.  It'd be hilarious.

Check it out as I hilariously fail at Cubs blogging.

www.friendly-confines.com
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/yahoo-sport...5-mlb.html

[Image: lou.jpg]
Kane County is one win away from winning the championship.

Underwood pitched six hitless innings with 8 strike outs but walked 5.

Zagunis has been killing it during the play offs and went 3 for 4 today.
Quote:Kane County is one win away from winning the championship.

Underwood pitched six hitless innings with 8 strike outs but walked 5.

Zagunis has been killing it during the play offs and went 3 for 4 today.

Underwood no-hit the Captains through 6 as well.  Needed that to keep a goose-egg on the board.
Check it out as I hilariously fail at Cubs blogging.

www.friendly-confines.com
Sounds like the Cubs are severing affiliate ties both with Boise and Daytona, with announcements coming soon.
Quote:Sounds like the Cubs are severing affiliate ties both with Boise and Daytona, with announcements coming soon.

They've been with both for quite some time. 

Daytona has been a Cubs affiliate since 1993 and Boise since 2001.

I got nothin'.

Andy
Any idea what will replace them? Do the entire staffs and rosters move to the new MiLB affiliates?

Rosters, yes. Not sure about staffs though. Sounds like the sub-par facilities in Boise and rainouts in Daytona the main reasons for these decisions. Not sure where they go, no credible rumors yet.
If they move from Daytona, it would probably be to one of the Carolina League teams that has their contract expiring (Carolina, Mertle Beach or Lynchburg). 

I got nothin'.

Andy
Quote:Rosters, yes. Not sure about staffs though. Sounds like the sub-par facilities in Boise and rainouts in Daytona the main reasons for these decisions. Not sure where they go, no credible rumors yet.

I think it depends on what you mean by staff.  Baseball-side should be yes.  Business-side should be no.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Good news on Daytona.  The rainouts are out of control.

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rok" data-cid="229102" data-time="1410536384">

Rosters, yes. Not sure about staffs though. Sounds like the sub-par facilities in Boise and rainouts in Daytona the main reasons for these decisions. Not sure where they go, no credible rumors yet.

I think it depends on what you mean by staff.  Baseball-side should be yes.  Business-side should be no.</blockquote>Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm sure some on the business side may decide to stay with the organization unless they are locals to either town. Probably doesn't matter to us.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="229106" data-time="1410537405">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rok" data-cid="229102" data-time="1410536384">

I think it depends on what you mean by staff.  Baseball-side should be yes.  Business-side should be no.</blockquote>
Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm sure some on the business side may decide to stay with the organization unless they are locals to either town. Probably doesn't matter to us.

</blockquote>

I think the business-side folks would be employees of the ownership, while the baseball-side folks would be employees of the Cubs.  For example, Daytona's ownership will be the owners of whoever replaces the Cubs.  I think the business-side folks would just stay there because they don't really matter to the Cubs.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Minor league owners run the business (hire accountants, marketing staff, maintenance staff, etc.). Cubs run anything that has to do with coaches and players.

Yeah, unless there is some overlap that we're not aware of. Makes sense.